iPhone 4S 64GB! Who Shall Bite This Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vladtheimpaler, Oct 5, 2011.

1. vladtheimpaler, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

I must say it is very tempting! Not sure, but all the movies and music storage would be cool. Is anyone absolutely getting the 64gb?

Yeah, iCloud storage blah blah blah but is anyone sold already on 64gb model?

2. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

$399 for a subsidized phone is insanity. Flash memory prices are falling, I don't know why Apple didn't keep the iPhone 4 at 16GB and sell the 4S at 32GB/64GB for $199/$299.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

64GB modules are still expensive and they have been out for some time now. Apple can't still foot the bill to offer it at $299.

4. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Considering I'll probably get it sim free no way am I paying an extra £200 for 48GB more storage space.

5. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Yes, I am sold on it. I'm tired of carrying around my iPod Classic. Although it's not 160 GB like the Classic, combined with the 128 kbps conversion option to convert my 256 kbps songs to 128 kbps on the fly (which can't be used on the Classic), it gets me similar to over 100 GB of music storage. The extra $100 over the 32 GB seems cheap to me relative to the additional music storage that I can get out of it.

Tony

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Guess I'm the only one. Of course it doesn't hurt that what I got for my 32gb iPhone is enough to buy the new 64gb version.

7. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

I've been hovering around 500MB free on my 32GB iPhone 4 since I got it... so yes, I'm going 64GB... so I can hover around 500MB free on that too :cool:

8. Hmm macrumors regular

Hmm

9. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

10. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I have always been one to buy the least-capacity product. I don't see too much value in the larger storage options.

11. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I am without a doubt nor hesitation buying the 64GB. I had the 32GB iPod Touch for the longest time and eventually filled it up. When the 64GB Touch came out a couple years ago I was in heaven.

I didn't like walking around with 2 devices, Android phone and iPod Touch, so when Verizon got the iPhone, I begrudgingly sold my Touch as well as the Droid and downgraded my music to 128kbps to fit 3/4 of my music collection and no videos as well is limiting the apps I could fit.

I am one that uses every aspect of a device, I was actually relieved when they announced the 64GB.

So yes, put me down as very happily biting that apple, to me it is worth every penny. :D

12. Type X macrumors regular

i'll definitely be picking up the 64mb one.
    8mp camera + 1080p video = will fill up quickly.

13. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I'm considering it...still debating with myself on whether I will actually need it, or whether I just WANT it!

14. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

ANYTHING should fill that up quickly. :rolleyes: :p

15. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Wait, what are you carrying? Music? HD movies?

I mean, I have 32GB and I have 6 GB left and even with 5GB music some TV shows and a movies when on the go.:eek:

16. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

If you download a lot of large size apps, and store your entire music collection at high quality bitrates, as well as liking the ability to have videos on there as well, you would understand. This is why it is good to have options ;)

17. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Absolutely, but I only have 1 music video and like 100 downloaded iTunes songs from the iTunes store, and a few apps, so even 16GB is overkill for me.

I would do fine with 8GB. But then again, 1 HD video with the new camera at 1080p would probably require at least 16GB free space to be comfortable.

18. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

I have a ~100GB music library. I have a lot of FLAC/Apple Losless....

I think the Daft Punk folder in my library is 5GB by it's self!

19. vladtheimpaler thread starter macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Daft Punk FTW!
    :D

20. Colgin macrumors member

+1. My Iphone has replaced my Ipod classic. However, I have had to really pick and choose what I store on my Iphone at any given time with regards to music which has led to frustration countless times. Although I can usually download a given album via my Rhapsody to Go subscription if I did not already load it on the Iphone from my Itunes library, even that system is not perfect and is less than convenient. While 64GB won't get my entire Itunes library on the Iphone (even downconverting to 128 AAC) it will be close enough to suit my needs.

21. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, then I think 128GB won't be enough by the time it comes out.

Seriously thinking, at current rates the highest NAND chip may be 256GB before we reach material limits.

22. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I want it but my upgrade is not up til February and on my budget 400 is a bit much (it may depend on how much I can get for my 4).

And honestly, by February, part of me is going to want to wait to see what the next iPhone brings (and if maybe it brings 64 GB to a more reasonable price). Though depending on what the next iPhone brings (if it doesn't bring a faster processor but a bigger screen and/or 4G, I'm getting the 4S cause I don't want either of those. I don't want a bigger phone and I don't want to lose my unlimited. If they at least upgrade processor/RAM as well, it would be better for games so that might tear me between the newer iPhone and the older one). Plus maybe iCloud will help me keep my storage space down (there's a lot of games I'm storing now cause I don't want to lose the game save and if it is true iCloud will keep my game saves without me having to keep it on my phone, that will free up a decent amount of space I think cause games is really what is taking a lot of my phone storage).

23. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Just an example of what justifies the need:

4,423 songs installed at 128kbps of over 5800 on my Macbook at higher bitrates. Years ago I moved the entire collection into iTunes, I obviously don't listen to all of it every day, but I like having the convenience of my entire music collection whenever I want to.

90 Apps installed of 115

1,746 Photos, nice to have an album of many many photos I have taken and saved over the years readily available at the touch and swipe of the screen :D

7 Videos recorded, 48 videos sitting in my computer, some of them I would love to have in my iPhone.

This leaves me with currently less than 1 GB free on my 32GB iPhone, and this is after removing a few albums last night during a backup synch.

I have been utililizing iPods for 9 years. You tend to build up needs for capacity and depend on it over the years. As capacity becomes available, the need to utilize it becomes important.

24. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I've been hurting on capacity since the iPhone was first announced. Now with navigation, HD games, and podcasts it's becoming a pain to deal with playlists to keep some music on my iPhone.
    My music library is about 50GB and my photo library is about 17,000 (and growing). I think 64GB with be sufficient for all of my photos and music (converted to 128kb) so I can get back to what I had with my old iPod - all of my music and photos (and a couple of movies) in my pocket. It makes for a great portable backup too.

25. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Since we haven't seen any word on wether or not the alleged streaming portion of iTunes match is going to be deployed at the end of the month or not, Im gonna have to go 64gb