Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagnusF

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Who cares which one is better? Get the one YOU want :confused:

btw, just saw a guy in the UK with the new Nexus today.

ogromen-mobitel.png

It does look a bit big.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
people are not going to be happy until the tablet and phone are one.

Not ME, just, you know, most people. I'd rather not have a 5 inch screen IN MY POCKET but this freaking AMERICA and I say go for it if that's your thing.

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
I call BS.

The iphone wins in the small screen battle it has the smallest week little screen out.

Apple also wins in the slower CPU battle, oh ya we got the slow stuff here.

Apple also wins in the cant customize your device battle. Apples got that one hands down.

Lastly apple is killing in the slow data battle, oh ya baby we got some old 14 mb 3g. take that you fast 4g competition.

Oh Oh and apple has the overpriced battle won also. Shoot it looks like apple wins this round.:D

If Apple put an LTE or an HSPA+ chip in the iPhone 4S now, well don't come here again to complain about poor battery.

mysterioustko

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2011
You lucked out then because everyone on my campus hates android for the stability issues. The last part of your post does not make sense - if it was an attempt at humor I would call that humor fail.

I guess he and I are both lucky then...because I don't have those issues either... or perhaps the people you know bought poor android phones. Remember android not a phone, it's an OS. Some phones are good and some aren't. BTW the whole "malware increased 425%" Doesn't mean much. If you went from 1 malware app to 5 that would be a 400% increase. So just quoting a percentage really means nothing. Fact is, malware isn't a major issue on any mobile platform.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
It wasn't an attempt at a joke. Many Android and iPhone fans love Star Wars. Myself included.

The fact that it was used originally as a joke against him/Android users was a FAIL. An immature fail.

It's sad that people still argue about this. If Android/iPhone users can't get along, there is absolutely no hope for peace in the middle east. It's stupid stuff like this (and stupid people) that cause problems in the world.

You are fighting with someone about a phone. You do realize that don't you?

An immature fail?

If you saw the original anti iPhone post - which was all over the map - and then saw my reply, you could reasonably ascertain that I was making a small joke - but then for someone to respond that "Hey, the guys with iPhones are the real Star Wars fans!" you have to wonder if the point hit close to home.

Methinks he doth protest too much...

Shakespeare, (bastardized) if you must know - fairly immature I know, but I have to get quotes from somewhere.

gniss39

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2007
Eugene, OR
Galaxy Nexus looks great in all the unboxing videos surfacing on YouTube. I'm just jealous of the pulsing notification led. If only our home button did that...

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The OP link works, you just have to view it on your phone. The Nexus really isn't that big. I would prefer a phone that size.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Apple is akin to art

An original painting is vastly more desirable than a thousand or so copies.

Copies may have superior features in some areas but nothing comes close to the original masterpiece.

It doesn't stop me personally from owning copies or android devices but nothing beats apple/iOS/iPhone on user experience. When you start drawing specification tables yes, but it's all about living with the art. What makes you feel better.

Please, not the apple is art justification. Its a freaking phone.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Odd that review the Internet seems slower than the web does on mine. Mind seems to be instant

gh0001

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
If Apple put an LTE or an HSPA+ chip in the iPhone 4S now, well don't come here again to complain about poor battery.

agreed for LTE. current LTE solution seems pretty bad in power consumption. things will probably improve a lot by the end of year. we will see.

iphone didnt win the smartphone battle because it supports the latest 3g/4g technology or being the cheapest, rather, because it delivers the best user experience.

competition is probably catching up though, which is a good thing for all of us.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Research weigh, options, positives and negatives then buy what you like! :rolleyes: funny how it's always a newbie joining to say iphone got bested. why waste time just go buy it and enjoy.. however trolling is more fun I guess!

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
The guy in the video is epic fail. He used 3G instead of Wifi. We all know 3G varies at any moment and time while wifi is more consistent.

that, and he needs to learn how to press icons properly... holding then releasing at the same time would be easiest, he must not have seen other comparison videos :p

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Theres always going to be a faster better gadget around the corner but iff u wait for it ull never buy any gadget

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland

Theres always going to be a faster better gadget around the corner but iff u wait for it ull never buy any gadget

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
Even though I'm a proud owner of an iPhone 4s. I do believe apple has dropped the ball this year with the iPhone update.
For people that use their phone as a fashion statement/like to update every few months. Then I agree Apple did drop the ball because you can't tell at a glance whether someone has a 4s or 4. Which makes it hard for people like that to show it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.