iPhone 4s in New Zealand

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbook pro i5, Oct 11, 2011.

1. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Hi since i was on a iphone 3gs i was incredibly interested in the 4s but there is no release date when do you think the iPhone 4s is coming to new zealand also is it delayed because of vodaphone being a *****:mad: and charging to much or is there any other reason please care to enlighten me:D

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Sorry, but I don't think the iPhone 4S is coming to New Zealand for a while, and when it does it will be strictly 'contract only'. I'm in NZ and I'll be buying the iPhone 4 soon, because its unlocked so I can go on prepaid. Perhaps you should do that too, because it'll be quite a long wait, and when it does come it will be sold out for a while :( Sucks to me an iPhone user in NZ, doesn't it?

3. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

many people are saying its out in december but do you think it is vodaphone that is causing the delay? and also i don't mind getting it on contract so thats fine:) anyway thanks for your reply

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah, a December launch seems quite possible. All I know is that New Zealand gets products like this launched a fair while after the rest of the western world.

Oh, and when it does come out be prepared for everyone to rush to get a 4S before they're all sold out!:p

5. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

im gonna go campin :Dif the apple store in silvia park opens but I'm only 13 and i have nothin to do in the holidays....
    :apple:

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Wait for the 3rd phase of the launch, most likely November.

I'd just order through Apple NZ website if I were you though, likely when it gets here Vodafone will force you to sign a contract of some sort to make some money out of you.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Lol, I'm 14 and I've got nothing to do in the holidays... BTW how are you gunna afford a contract, those things are expensive!

----------

Yeah, or you could buy the iPhone 4 now for NZ$900.

8. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Step 1.) fly to America

Step 2.) camp in line at an apple store

Step 3.) buy your iPhone 4S

Step 4.) fly back to New Zealand

Step 5.) enjoy being the only guy in New Zealand with an iPhone 4S ;)

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

But that's not a 4S, and only 8GB. I want a 64GB 4S. ;)

----------

You forgot the '?????' and the 'Profit'!

10. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Problem?

Attached Files:

11. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

yea how did you no what iPhone 4s model i was getting honestly this is the model i am getting no joke we have a pysicic ....... or someone that had a really lucky guess:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. sleek881 macrumors regular

sleek881

Better still, just get one unlocked from Australia

13. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

my families rich no prob but i do prefer unlocked btw i don't want the ip4 i want only the 4s

14. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well, there was a 33% chance that that fulla would be getting the same model as you...;)

15. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Spoil kid

There's no point of asking when NZ is releasing because there's NO news! Just visit MR and i am sure there will be news on the frontpage as to when iphone 4s will be releasing in other countries. Go out and play some rugby rather than worrying.

16. sleek881 macrumors regular

sleek881

Wow, In NZ you can only buy an iPhone 4 8Gb for $899, not much of a choice.

17. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

I prefer Badminton over rugby not a huge rugby fan and btw I AM SPOILT:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

18. kloda macrumors member

Do you do the haka before badminton matches :p

19. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

lol :)

20. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I was going to do this, actually ordered 2 iPhone 4S.

Then I did some researching and found out when it gets here the Customs are gonna charge me GST + Customs Fee... I thought what a load of bs so I just cancelled. :D

21. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yup. Sucks ****. :(

22. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

+ 1 even though nz was the first to get the 3g now we are suddenly low priority:(

23. theappleguy macrumors 6502

Firstly, grow up. :rolleyes:

Secondly, no-one is going to be able to tell you anything other than what Apple has announced. If you want to impress your buddies at school, the only way to get it before anyone else is to fly to Australia and get one there. Who is to blame? Probably Vodafone. Will they loose my business? Probably - their contract subsidies are hardly compelling anymore (in fact they are basically non existent on the cheaper plans), so if we don't get a launch date soon, I may just follow my own advice (hey, the office is kind of like school - got to be the first one with the new gadget. ;) ).

haha I remember the days of having no responsibilities. Enjoy them while they last. :D

24. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Bring back 1 for me?

25. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I just looked on the magnum mac website, and if you want an iPhone 4 in NZ that has more capacity than 8GB you gotta pay ridiculous prices. Basically you need to pay $25 per extra GB, which is insane! Flash memory doesn't cost anywhere near that! I can go out and get a 4GB memory stick for $15-$20, which is less than a quater of the price you pay per GB for iPhone memory. And in theory memory in the iPhone should be cheaper, since its done in bulk and doesn't require extra packaging & shipping like a mem stick would. :mad:

So you end up paying $200 extra for a 16GB iPhone (pretty much $200 for 8GB memory) with comes up to $1100 total. Then if you want a 32GB iPhone 4 you have to pay another $180, which is a bit better, at $11 per GB, but its still overpriced, and it pushed the price of a 32GB iPhone 4 to a total of almost $1300:eek:

The Android Galaxy series are looking more and more attractive now, as they're so much easier to get, and they're selling for a lot more reasonable prices in New Zealand. I would like to get an iPhone, but its not looking feasible without blowing an extra $200-$400 to get one with a decent storage capacity :(