Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
Anyone else using 2 degrees? I'm with them at the moment but am checking out the other carriers. I'm on prepay with it and am trying to decide between doing $20 a month for 1gb broadband zone data or $10 a month for 100mb national data. I take it that if I go onto their broadband zone thing, that I won't get any data at all if I am not within the zone. So I would also need to get national data as well?

Just trying to figure out how this works if I am traveling, if I can have the two packages and it would automatically switch to the broadband zone when I was within that range.

Also my number doesn't show up under the settings>phone> my number, it just says unknown and I cannot edit it. My daughter's has her number. It would be handy to have it listed there for when people ask me my number, easy to find

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
Anyone else using 2 degrees? I'm with them at the moment but am checking out the other carriers. I'm on prepay with it and am trying to decide between doing $20 a month for 1gb broadband zone data or $10 a month for 100mb national data. I take it that if I go onto their broadband zone thing, that I won't get any data at all if I am not within the zone. So I would also need to get national data as well?

Just trying to figure out how this works if I am traveling, if I can have the two packages and it would automatically switch to the broadband zone when I was within that range.

Also my number doesn't show up under the settings>phone> my number, it just says unknown and I cannot edit it. My daughter's has her number. It would be handy to have it listed there for when people ask me my number, easy to find

get the 1gb broadband zone its good and your number should be editable maybe you have a bug:( sorry for not being helpful:eek:

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
iMessage vs text

I'm going up the wall trying to figure this one out, need help! I'm not a complete idiot regarding tech stuff, I'm the one who always sorts out tech issues in our house and have been using computers since the mid 80's so it's not like I'm a noob.. but I feel like one now!

my issue, sending a bloody text message from my iPhone! yes... I cannot send a text message. I can text non iPhone users just fine, but my daughter on her iPhone? nada.. it refuses to send as a text and will only send as an iMessage. I've tried turning my wifi off, still won't send as a text, it opts to send as a iMessage via the 3g. this is fine when she is actually on a wifi network and able to receive the messages, but the other day she never got any of mine until she walked in the door her and into range of our wifi, several hours after I sent them.

I select her mobile number, not email addy when I want to send a text, and still the send button comes up blue with the pale grey iMessage text in the input box. There needs to be a toggle button on the send so you can choose to send as text or send as message. It's actually really frustrating how apple have combined the two services instead of just leaving them separated so we can clearly know what service we're using at the time

Guys help me out here, step by step idiot instructions on how to send a text please! and preferably nothing that requires turning everything off, resetting the phone, removing the sim, turning anti clockwise on the spot and hopping on one foot while reciting twinkle twinkle little star in reverse

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
Hold the speech bubble and it will give you option to send as text

I'm not getting any options, you mean the input text? (just gives me the edit/paste etc options) or the actual bubble after you hit send? I've tried holding my finger down and double clicking and all kinds of things. the only way I have been able to send a text to her was by disabling the cellular data and wifi

ahhh I got it now, so I have to send it first as a text, hold the button and then choose the text, does it still load up the iMessage when she gets back home again? or is that wiped

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
this does not work for my iPhone 4s :mad:

I think it depends on how long since you sent it? also it took me a bit to get the holding part down to an art, if I try too soon it won't give me options, though sometimes it still doesn't work. It annoys me and makes sending messages and texts a really frustrating process. I really do wish it would allow us to choose how we want to send the message the first time we hit send.

I know that if my daughter sends me a text rather than iMessage then it means I need to reply with a text and not iMessage, why can't the freaking message software figure that out too!

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
I think it depends on how long since you sent it? also it took me a bit to get the holding part down to an art, if I try too soon it won't give me options, though sometimes it still doesn't work. It annoys me and makes sending messages and texts a really frustrating process. I really do wish it would allow us to choose how we want to send the message the first time we hit send.

I know that if my daughter sends me a text rather than iMessage then it means I need to reply with a text and not iMessage, why can't the freaking message software figure that out too!

still does not work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.