iPhone 4s VS Samsung SIII - Hands on.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mustu, May 25, 2012.

1. mustu macrumors 6502

I tried the Samsung SIII for sakes - would never think of moving to a crappy plastic Samsung Phone though it has crossed my mind to always try and use one... its never been possible.

I have an Apple ecosystem at home and at office. - Macbook/ iMac / 6 Apple tv's / iPads etc - the full set up....

I must say this phone looks and feels so cheap as if its a 5 years old's toy from walmart..... rubbish I must say.....

Thank good Apple keeps to the quality materials etc... though I have had screen issue's ( tint etc ) they swap them out straight away.

Can't wait for the new iPhone :D:apple: way to goooooooooo.

2. completing, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

completing macrumors member

not really informative in anyway. just sounds like another fanboy post.

you should compare and contrast real features and design rather than "material feels cheap"

for example, apple uses regular glass from corning, while samsung uses gorilla glass 2 from the same company. the difference is HUGE in durability.

and if you've been around this forum for awhile, then you'd know that apple has quite a bit of quality control issues. they'd never admit it, but swap it out for you like doing you a favor.

3. matttye macrumors 601

Nice informative, unbiased post. I'll take what you say on board!

:rolleyes:

4. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

To be honest it doesnt sound like you have spent any time with the S3 at all.

I have read the reviews and while I agree that I dont like plastic phone (or the size for that matter) I have to say that I think Apple need to start upping their game now.

I still think they are untouchable design wise and expect the next iPhone to be made out of quality materials. However IOS6 and the iphone spec need significant additions.

The S3 has so many nice little features that Id like to see on my platform of choice. if I had the spare money id buy the S3 as well as the next iphone!

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

And you're point is?

6. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Well Sir Ruben I have spent a day with the SIII and to be honest it may have all the feature's etc built in it... but at the end of the day when ever I would pick it up it I get put off by the feel compared to the iPhone 4S.

I live the face unlock feature for sure. I like the over all size of the phone.

Apart from that it have various limitations connecting to accessories..... I mean look at the accessories for Apple products and you will understand what I am talking about......

Anyways... I thought I would keep one but its a NO WAY situation that I am. I have spare change lying around but that will go towards some new Apple products what ever that might me.

7. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I find it rather humorous that when someone posts criticisms of Samsung handsets, they are automatically labeled as "fanboyish". I played with a Galaxy Note yesterday at Best Buy and came to the same conclusion. It felt like a Dell Inspiron laptop. Cheap cheap cheap. Bends and flexes and had a general overall cheap, poorly made feeling. And I'm not a fanboy, I used to own a Samsung phone.

8. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

My point is that its a US $ 700 phone but feel like a toy in the hand :eek:

9. barryl85 macrumors regular

I could have wrote that review and i've only ever seen an SIII in a picture.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Smh. I'm thinking I'm about to come into this post with pictures and videos of you doing a hands-on, but instead you just troll. Give it a break!

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

If the OP doesn't like how it feels, let it be. Even most blog & tech site reviewers state the same about it's cheap feel. I personally never seen or held one yet so I'm not judging. I bet the OP's statement wouldn't be criticized as trolling if compared to another Android phone, but you Android fanboys get so freaking defensive when anything loaded with Android is compared to the iPhone. :rolleyes:

And the OP has a point. Why would you want to pay so much for something that feels flimsy? It's the same argument many of you anti iPhone posters make about the glass being fragile.

12. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

OMG!!! Finally, after such long time, a thread in favour of iphone on Macrumors Forums:rolleyes:

13. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

He probably never put his hands on the S3. You are correct about the fanboy post.

----------

I've been enjoying the premium feel of my Note for 3 months now. No bend or flex at all here. I used to own cheap Dell inspiron laptops, and I know what you are referring to, but the Note is not at all like that.
    Are you sure you didn't use the "dummy" plastic sample phone at BBY?

----------

So...what the phone offers in features is not important to you?

14. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I messed around with a Demo unit at the AT&T store here in town. It didn't flex, but it didn't feel solid either. It's definitely a personal thing; some love it, some hate it. Me? I'd opt for something smaller. Even if Apple had this offering, I wouldn't get it. I have a 13" MBA, and I need a phone, not a Tablet or "Phablet" to tote around as well.

15. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

16. mrbutters macrumors regular

I stopped reading right there because you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Educate yourself kid

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/05/23/samsung-galaxy-s3-has-a-polycarbonate-case/

BTW...I have 2 iMacs, an ipad, MBP and ATV and my Android phone still works incredibly well despite not being an Apple product, who knew?!?!

17. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

very informative review with detailed description(in own words) of the feel of back of the phone

its not possible to write such an unique hands on if you haven't actually spent time with phone. you are wrong

Really?? Why do you ask?:rolleyes:

18. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Say it isn't so bro! WHo knew the droids played nice with the apples?

Got a house full of Apples myself, and the Note plays nice with them.

----------

baaaahhhhhhh dude

19. matttye macrumors 601

"I'm not a fanboy, I used to own a Samsung phone."

This is a similar argument to "I'm not racist, I have black/white friends."

Silly logic. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

20. bumwithshoes macrumors newbie

And when Apple goes plastic and larger all are gonna oOoo and ahhh like they saving the planet or something.

Anybody memember antennagate?

We waited 6 months into the 3G to get MMS on our Jesus phones.

I've owned both Apple and Android and y'all know damned well that 3.5" screen no longer suffices.

21. matttye macrumors 601

Hey the original iPhone couldn't even forward a text message, copy and paste or send a text to multiple people, nor could you get any third party apps. In other words if you wanted to send a text to two people, the only way to do it was to retype it!!

22. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Why is that? Because it goes against your beliefs of trying to convince everyone that Samsung is the best? Normally people who have a foundation to form an opinion are ones that have that foundation, ie having owned the product that they feel is cheaply made.

Now run along and convince the world of Samsung's superiority somewhere else. Some of us don't buy it.

23. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Why even compare a product when you go into the "review" with an already formed opinion of which is better? :rolleyes:

24. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

A Dell Inspiron works very well. However, working well doesn't equate to build quality. A Yugo can do the speed limit, meaning it runs well, but the build quality is not there. Same thing with Samsung phones. They might run Android well, but the build quality isn't there.

Like I said in another thread, is it so inconceivable that just some people don't like your phone of choice? I'm not saying I hate Android. Just Samsung phones. You Samsung fanboys need to just accept the fact that not everyone likes your phone of choice. Just accept it.

----------

That's not an iPhone, ie hardware, issue. It was an OS issue. A rather lame attempt I think, seeing as how you can send mms messages now, dontcha think?

25. blackhand1001, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

I'd just like to leave this interesting comparison. And the build quality of Samsung phones is quite good. The nexus has no flex, feels solid, and the back cover stays secure and is no lose. It also does much better than the iphone in drop/abuse tests. I thought this comparison shows how much Apple marks up the iPhone.

[​IMG]