iPhone 5 announced on Fox news

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oneofthesedaves, Jun 22, 2011.

1. oneofthesedaves macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just saw Shepherd Smith report that the iPhone 5 is coming in September equipped with an 8 megapixel camera, A5 chip, and a complete redesign. When did Fox get in the Mac Rumors game?

2. wxman2003 Suspended

When didn't they get into the rumors game?

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

You just killed this thread faster than it was started. :D

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Those crazy right wing conservative rumor mongers. :rolleyes:

5. FX4568 macrumors 6502

If that specifically is not the iphone 5 specifications, I will sue Fox for false news, and emotional discomfort.

6. pyro008 macrumors 6502

I don't know about the TV news, but the article on foxnews.com combines the Bloomberg and BGR articles but conveniently leaves out the contradictory information.

7. 62tele macrumors 6502a

You lost me at Shepherd Smith and/or Fox. Rumors, innuendo, propaganda they do well. News or truth, ummm, not so much.

Plus, Smith is an Ole Miss grad! That has to suck!

8. epi117 macrumors 6502

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

It was on the news scroll on ABC this morning during Good Morning America, so no need for Fox bashing.

10. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Links anyone? I'm interested in seeing this, so that i can analyze the legitimacy.

11. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

12. Acronym macrumors 68000

try this.
    Fox News

Or this one

13. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I don't trust any other news source but Fox news....

waitwut.:eek:

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I love the mainstream hatred of FoxNews. It has become so fashionable to bash them even when they are reporting something that other news outlets report. Did anyone actually bother to read the first line of the article? "A larger, sleeker, faster iPhone 5 is coming this September, if a fresh wave of rumors is to be believed."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/06/22/iphone-5-could-sport-radical-new-look/#ixzz1Q3dY6dL2

They even cite the other news agency that reported it first. Not looking to start a political debate about the media. It's just interesting (and I really do mean interesting) the way people bash FoxNews.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, I don’t think most even read the article, TTYTT. Bloomberg doesn’t even call it a rumor, but states it as fact that the iPhone 5 (and it will probably be called that if the specs cited there are true) will have a dual core processor with 8 mega-pixel camera and new look (whatever that means).

16. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Its still crap reporting, cherry picking details from different and almost entirely contradictory rumors.

17. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

18. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

I too think that the bashing is hilarious. Mainstream objective journalism has disappeared. If you watch Fox, it is probably going to be skewed to the right of the truth. If you watch CNN, it's going to be left of the truth. If you watch MSNBC, it's pretty much based on unicorns and fantasies. Our job is to read between the pixels.

19. ok3wire macrumors member

Yeah the faux outrage is over the top, but forgive them. The Koolaid tastes so sweet, and drinkin' always be easier than thinkin'. ;) :D

Back on topic, the body restyle for the iPhone5 sounds interesting. And the pictures of the new Nokia N9 that I saw yesterday certainly were sleek. Competition remains a good thing.

20. Pmoser macrumors member

I get my news from sports center:D

21. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

Absolutely! I think that it was very wise of Apple to break away from doing the iPhone announcement at WWDC. This is all out technology war, and allowing your competition to predict your release schedule gives them more information than they deserve. I would not be surprised if Apple drops the iPhone 5 in September and then quickly releases another model as they did with the iPad.

It will be great to see a newly designed case for the iPhone.

22. pyro008 macrumors 6502

This post was just... Words cannot describe the complete lack of logic.

23. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Looks like the whole world is waiting for Apple :)
    Type in 'iphone' into Youtube and the first suggestion is 'Iphone 5"

24. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

:rolleyes:
    Learning a few more words might help you with that ;):p

How exactly is that not logical? The hypothesis has already shown it's self to be plausible given the release schedule of the iPad. When Apple unexpectedly put the iPad 2 just months after the iPad 1, it undoubtedly threw the competition for a loop. Apple could easily release the iPhone 5 and then give it a spec bump at an unexpected point after they have given the competition just enough time to regroup and alter plans based on what Apple did. Do you really think that Sept. is going to be the unalterable iPhone Release Month from now on?

25. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You mean expectedly after 1 year? :rolleyes: