Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farplaner

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Thanks, bought one too :)

I got the iphone 5 today, so I was excited to try it out with the Anker case I got from Amazon. It fits perfectly, and visually it looks great.

Unfortunately the case made the headphone jack way too deep that I couldn't plug in a headphone to the jack with the case on.

I'm sadly reporting that I'd be getting another case...

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Was seriously bummed that the Apple store hadn't received any of the Power Support protectors yet. That's all I put on my phone and love them. Bought a Invisible Shield protector by Zagg. Hate it already. Grippy, tons of bubbles, but I need something to hold me off until I can get my hands on a Power Support.

boxinthomas

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2010
Was seriously bummed that the Apple store hadn't received any of the Power Support protectors yet. That's all I put on my phone and love them. Bought a Invisible Shield protector by Zagg. Hate it already. Grippy, tons of bubbles, but I need something to hold me off until I can get my hands on a Power Support.

jkim3691, does the Zagg film have the gap at the top and bottom?

opq

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2004
I want to make sure the case I get doesn't scratch the metal band. Are TPU cases OK for that?

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
jkim3691, does the Zagg film have the gap at the top and bottom?

Yeah, it leaves a little space at both ends. Sides too. The cuts around the earpiece and the home button are strange. Not the typical cuts. I don't recommend it at all, in fact just don't even bother it's a waste of $30. I ripped mine off after a few hours and tossed it in the trash after realizing it was a lost cause. (ATT is strict on returns for protectors). Ordered a SPG one not too long ago. Going to have to be careful until it comes in.

tesssla

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
One you hold the iphone 5.....

Are there any retailers selling bumpers?

Finally getting my hands on a live one yesterday reinforced what I was already thinking......GORGEOUS!!!!

I think the back is less fragile than the previous models, so I definitely am going the bumper route. Of the case makers that have items out right now it looks like "Photive" may be our best bet for a bumper case. Look for them in my list below.

Cheers

Amazon.com Editors Choice Case List

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Picked up a Speck Candyshell while I am waiting for my Defender to arrive in the mail. I am very impressed with Speck as they historically have waited until the phone was in hand to develop their cases. They did a really good job for having cases ready on launch day. Fitment is 100% perfect. Lets just see if the soft rubber flakes like the old ones.

tsboy69

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010

I ordered from their sister site - Tru Protection. The anti-glare was supposed to be in stock now. Same film as the PS. It might be worth a look on line!

dnest

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I went to the Sprint store to find a cheap temporary case, ended up buying this:
cza0223q_l.gif

And I gotta say, it works great. I think I may just keep it.

Here's the link to buy: http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onli...M885909600120&categoryRefName=Carry+&+Protect

Sunday Shadows

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
picked up one of the anker cases, it seems to be ok except its really difficult to reach the silent toggle. i'll use it until my twig case shows up.

epicmar

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Northern Florida
Just ordered the Dodocase iPhone wallet, a bit pricey, but looks great. I've been using sena ultra-slim since 3GS and I'll hope this will be as durable as they are.
Oh and I got this 10% discount to share with my friend/s, so you're welcome to use it http://curebit.com/x/2u19g or here's the code C120917-LKNV2D4

Cloudlight,

Thanks for the coupon code - I just used it to order a Dodocase iPhone case for my iPhone 5 which left Hong Kong (UPS) a little while ago.

Here is the 10% off coupon code that I got with my order to share:
C120918-A9DMMCF

mytran80

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2009
radio shack had some ok looking cases ,but by mostly unpopular brand except body glove .

picked up an incase slider @ best buy which looks and feels great ,also a rocket fish teal green tpu case which looks very nice and great quality , i've ordered a cheap tpu case from ebay before and it had a funky smell to it and the cut out was pretty rough like someone used a blade to cut out the holes lol , anyway I'm happy:D

Cloudlight

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Cloudlight,

Thanks for the coupon code - I just used it to order a Dodocase iPhone case for my iPhone 5 which left Hong Kong (UPS) a little while ago.

C120918-A9DMMCF
You're welcome! I'm getting my phone also next week, can't wait!

tcung82

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
On my iphone 4s, i had the Elago S4 Slim case which worked/looked amazing. Fit and craftsmanship was more than anyone could ask for. This is no cheap chinese made crap. The only thing is it does leave the top portion open with the cut out so it doesnt protect from scratches there. This time around im going back to Elago and got this

http://elagostore.com/elago-S5-Flex-Case-for-New/M/B009C5NX80.htm

I feel like with the anodized bezel, this case will protect it. you can purchase it on amazon for about $10. best case for the best price in my opinion

professor peach

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2007
Cloudlight,

C120918-A9DMMCF

Thanks very much, epicmar - I've used your code!

Here's my code for anyone who wants to use it...

C120922-WWPH7XN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.