Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
they waited a year for it to come to iPhone users. not impressed.

per usual, Apple customers are manipulated at will at the whim of a very controlling corporation that doesn't give their customers a very basic ingredient when it comes to consumer products: Choices.

not sure what choices you're referring to. there are a total of 6 different iPhone 5s counting colors and capacity.

other phone manufacturers do the same incremental release dance as apple, but many of them do it even faster. I can't keep up with the number of Galaxy/Note/Nexus/Razr/HTCs/Lumias being released every few months, some which can't even run the latest version of their own software.

LTE might have been out last year, but just barely. AT&T is still just getting going with it. If millions of iPhones had saturated the fledgling networks last year, they would have been brought to their knees and customers would have screamed bloody murder.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
not sure what choices you're referring to. there are a total of 6 different iPhone 5s counting colors and capacity.

other phone manufacturers do the same incremental release dance as apple, but many of them do it even faster. I can't keep up with the number of Galaxy/Note/Nexus/Razr/HTCs/Lumias being released every few months, some which can't even run the latest version of their own software.

LTE might have been out last year, but just barely. AT&T is still just getting going with it. If millions of iPhones had saturated the fledgling networks last year, they would have been brought to their knees and customers would have screamed bloody murder.

other phone manufacturers do not do slow iterations like Apple. The Galaxy S II to the Galaxy S III was a much bigger jump in terms of features and specs than the jump from iP4S to iP5.

additionally, there are boatloads of android handset manufacturers. this is what i mean, choice. sure, some of these handset manufacturers might not be as 'mature' as other top tier makers, but the choice are out there, from smaller screens, to keyboard only phones, to business-oriented android phones, top tier techie phones, etc.

that being said, can't wait for the expected Nexus refresh coming this fall. So stoked!

The only real cool spec i noticed for this iP5 is the 8hr reported battery life for LTE browsing. We'll see when it's out in the wild...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.