iPhone 5s screen popping up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danbcooper, Feb 23, 2016.

1. danbcooper macrumors member

Hi guys, I've an iPhone 5s and the screen is popping up on the upper right corner (see photo). Anyone knows what could it be? Maybe is a swollen battery, in that case, does apple replace it? (the phone is out of warranty).

[​IMG]

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would take it to Apple as if it does not show any abuse, the might just replace it free of charge out of warranty. The units I have seen that the battery is swelling usually pushes the screen out in the middle and not the corner.

3. amytxoxo macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to mine and they gave me a new one. Supposedly, for swollen batteries they will replace it for up to 3 years from when you bought it.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Swollen battery, as already suggested. Apple will replace it free out of warranty.

5. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

Not necessarily swollen battery. I had that happen to the one I owned for a week. Took it in and they replaced the whole screen for me. There wasn't any issues with the battery on it.

6. danbcooper thread starter macrumors member

I chatted with an Apple employee and he did a remote health check and it seems like the battery is in good condition.. So he told me to take the phone to an apple store so they can have a look at it.

7. xixi.li macrumors regular

[​IMG]
    The battery is not at your screen popped up
    You just take it to local apple service store.
    good luck

8. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

No iphone is perfect.
    Until we have products built one atom at a time in something like a 3d printer. (Which is at least a couple decades away)

9. Caromsoft macrumors regular

Caromsoft

Took my 5 to an Apple Store last Sunday because of a swollen battery. I didn't get to talk to a genius but the sales guy did and they will not replace the battery for free. I have an appointment this Friday at the Apple Store closer to my house, will see what they say.

10. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

You are taking the right action. Apple should replace the battery for free, as it is an unsafe condition. Personally if they refused to do so, I would be moving away from Apple, they are not the only cell phone producer.

11. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

This was my experience, as well.