Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitar7424

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2016
Before i went to sleep my battery is about 80% and i left it there to see how much will it decrease over 1 night.Turns out that it loses about 45% over 1 night ,i also close the background refresh thing and turn off location service already,basically i've done all the battery saving tips that i could find on the internet.Anyone have some idea to fix the problem (my iPhone 6 (ios 9.3.3) couldnt even last for 1 whole day of mixed usage).

Some of my friend said it's normal for iPhone 6 (i used to have iPhone 5 before and i think it's better than this).And do u guys think iPhone SE battery will last longer than iPhone 6 or not ? Thanks for every reply :) !!

I've read all the threads and i think its quite old (most of them are 2014) so i decided to create new thread due to the new iOS version ,maybe this version of iOS drains battery or something

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Its possible that your battery is on its way out or something is getting stuck in the background and draining power. Try doing a hard reset, charge it to 100% and let it sit overnight and see what the results are. They should be better.

I believe Apple's specs have stated that the SE battery will last longer than the iPhone 6.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
along with doing with what ^ said, clear cellular data before going to sleep. once you wake up, check to see if an app is running overnight by it using your data.

guitar7424

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2016
hey i already checked,there're no application that is running overnight and yeah still have the same problem lastnight 70%>20% T-T

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
hey i already checked,there're no application that is running overnight and yeah still have the same problem lastnight 70%>20% T-T

I said something stuck in the background. Even if you have all apps closed something can still be running. Did you do a hard reset like I suggested? That kills off everything. Also, stop letting your phone sit sub 100%, you cant gauge anything if its not a full charge.

So again, do a hard reset, charge to 100% and leave it overnight. When you wake up check the % and check Settings -> Battery and look at the usage. That will tell you if something is running or not.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

guitar7424

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2016
I said something stuck in the background. Even if you have all apps closed something can still be running. Did you do a hard reset like I suggested? That kills off everything. Also, stop letting your phone sit sub 100%, you cant gauge anything if its not a full charge.

So again, do a hard reset, charge to 100% and leave it overnight. When you wake up check the % and check Settings -> Battery and look at the usage. That will tell you if something is running or not.

Okay so i tried full reset + update iOS to 9.3.5 then after that hard reset and let it sit overnight (fully charge) 10hrs later battery drops down to 60% (better than before but still drains too much).I just got my iPhone SE yesterday and i did the same,turns out that my SE still got 100% after 1 night sitting.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Okay so i tried full reset + update iOS to 9.3.5 then after that hard reset and let it sit overnight (fully charge) 10hrs later battery drops down to 60% (better than before but still drains too much).I just got my iPhone SE yesterday and i did the same,turns out that my SE still got 100% after 1 night sitting.
Did you restore as new without resorting from a backup?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Take it to the Apple Store and have them check it.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.