Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jades

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Connected my iPhone 6 to Lexus Bluetooth. Works for Bluetooth music but no Bluetooth phone calls. Phone indicates it's connected and sending audio to the car but absolutely nothing.

Hoping others are experiencing similar issues so we can get this escalated

When I connect Bluetooth to a plantronics hands free device, that works without a problem

KBS756

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Connected my iPhone 6 to Lexus Bluetooth. Works for Bluetooth music but no Bluetooth phone calls. Phone indicates it's connected and sending audio to the car but absolutely nothing.

When I connect Bluetooth to a plantronics hands free device, that works without a problem

Happened to me with iOS 8 on a 5S ... just had to restart my phone and it started working ... weird ...

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014

Works fine in my accord

Jades

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Tried a reboot of both car and phone, no go. Any other takers?

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Do you still have your old phone on in the car? It could be connecting as a phone before your 6. Also if you can make the stereo forget your old phone it might help.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
My 6 can't seem to discover anything with Bluetooth or be discovered. Oy.

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
My 6+ works perfectly in my 2011 F-150. I'm anticpating that my wife's 6+ will work just fine in her 2013 Escape when we pair it up tomorrow.

fsfty

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
I had this issue last week leaving iPhone for LG G3. What finally solved it was to delete the New phone and pair again. You must also delete your old device from the car and clear your phone of the initial setup with the New phone.

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
I just came out to my car (also a Lexus) to check. Works fine. Did you delete your old phone?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
iPhone 6 working fine with a 2012 Toyota Yaris LE with upgraded Radio (the one that supports Bluetooth)

Siri sounds like I'm actually on a phone call, but idk if that's supposed to happen or not.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
Works fine in my S Class & Range Rover.....can you get a software update on your cars computer? Had to do that on my old E Class for the lighting cable to work via usb when first introduced.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Iphone 6 car Bluetooth no go

If you have one of the newer Lexus headunits, you basically have to pair it twice. Once under Phone and once under Audio. The best way to do this is to delete the phone off the headunit and add it thru the phone menu. It automatically picks up BT audio support and adds it under audio devices, but it doesn't go the other way, which is weird.

I always had to do this with the Toyota ZipCars in my area.

And BT Audio/calls work perfectly on my Audi and BMW. So glad to be back to iOS.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
If you have one of the newer Lexus headunits, you basically have to pair it twice. Once under Phone and once under Audio. The best way to do this is to delete the phone off the headunit and add it thru the phone menu. It automatically picks up BT audio support and adds it under audio devices, but it doesn't go the other way, which is weird.

I always had to do this with the Toyota ZipCars in my area.

And BT Audio/calls work perfectly on my Audi and BMW. So glad to be back to iOS.

You are right, this is the issue. Why Toyota/Lexus can't have a better BT system. It is one of the worst out there

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
You are right, this is the issue. Why Toyota/Lexus can't have a better BT system. It is one of the worst out there

Yeah... I don't understand the need for two "layers" of BT pairing. Why can't it just be one? Honda does the same exact crap in all of their newer cars, especially the NAV equipped ones. Literally takes me 5 minutes to sync up my phone because I have to do it twice. Even worse is that it doesn't seem to remember when you restart the car. Have to go in and manually pair "Phone" and "Audio." What a mess

The chances of someone trying to pair a BT Audio device that ISN'T a phone to the car is pretty slim these days...

Jordy145

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I had the issue on my 2013 f150. Did this, settings, general, reset, reset network bettongs, been working normal ever since.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Not sure what I can do but my VW GTI radio screen is cracked and i can't get in to delete older pairings but I can't pair the iPhone 6. Im going to try again today maybe through the steering wheel controls I can find delete pairing but its pissing me off. VW wants a grand to replace my radio and that aint happening anytime soon either. Any ideas would be great but the screen has no functionality

timbom3

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2012
Iphone 6 works, 6 plus doesn't

As the title says. GF's iphone 6 works exactly as expected in my 2014 Golf MK7, but my 6 plus gets an error about a network not being available when trying to make phone calls and the bluetooth sound drops off. The phone continues to ring however. Also does not intercept incoming calls. Music works fine.

Restoring the phone as we speak to see if it is something easily fixable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.