iPhone 6 Observation: Jealous 4S Owners?

Toadstall

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Essex UK
Just a quick observation: Anyone notice how all the complains about the iPhone 6 are from people who own a 4S? Interesting that they conveniently bought a rehash design of the iPhone 4, but then complain about the 6th Generation iPhone. Sounds like they might be a little jealous that they won't be able to upgrade until the 6S.

What do you guys think?
Buy on release day / pre order every year from the Apple Store. Ive been SIM only for years.

Got to admit I havent experienced jealousy from other Apple product owners.

That said if the next iPhone is larger I'll stick with the 4S, and I guess my daughter will be dissapointed (normally hand down year old phone). It has to fit in jeans pocket, and its border line now - unless I lose weight :) for ref - I dont know what i will do in another 12 months...... theres nothing else out there as desirable for me, a BB being a very distant 2nd.

in fact that raises another question for me, a cash buyer - on the hook each year for more, and yet it looks as though Apple wont be selling me a phone this year. Not that they'll notice a missing £700 from me I guess - but increasing physical size is prob the only thing they could do to put me off. Different jokes - different folks huh.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Buy on release day / pre order every year from the Apple Store. Ive been SIM only for years.

Got to admit I havent experienced jealousy from other Apple product owners.

That said if the next iPhone is larger I'll stick with the 4S, and I guess my daughter will be dissapointed (normally hand down year old phone). It has to fit in jeans pocket, and its border line now - unless I lose weight :) for ref - I dont know what i will do in another 12 months...... theres nothing else out there as desirable for me, a BB being a very distant 2nd.

in fact that raises another question for me, a cash buyer - on the hook each year for more, and yet it looks as though Apple wont be selling me a phone this year. Not that they'll notice a missing £700 from me I guess - but increasing physical size is prob the only thing they could do to put me off. Different jokes - different folks huh.
from my experience, as long as it is thinner, it fits in the pocket better. Hopefully that would work for you...unless you mean it is actually close to coming out at the top of your pocket.

Toadstall

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Essex UK
from my experience, as long as it is thinner, it fits in the pocket better. Hopefully that would work for you...unless you mean it is actually close to coming out at the top of your pocket.
its not sticking out of the top of pocket so you could have a point, heres hoping. Its a shame they're following Sam and going larger, its fine as it is, esp with the resolution. I watch films on the plane with it no problem at all. Hey ho.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
its not sticking out of the top of pocket so you could have a point, heres hoping. Its a shame they're following Sam and going larger, its fine as it is, esp with the resolution. I watch films on the plane with it no problem at all. Hey ho.
I am in the same boat b.c I love the current size, but I think 4" is the perfect medium between compact and more real estate. If it truly is about the thickness of the band of the 4S, that will make it fit in the pocket nicely.