iPhone 6 Plus is masterpiece and masterstroke of genius design

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Forget everything you might have heard.

I finally own the device. Been using it for a day.

Every worry or concern should just fly right out the window because this thing delivers in spades and you don't notice it until you just reply to a text or something and suddenly it just coalesces into a feeling of pure artistry.

Forget the size, forget the criticism. This phone just goes. Its made to be smooth and beautiful and Apple has done it once again.

Everything about bend gate is meaningless. Everything about size and being too big is irrelevant.

Nothing anyone says can deny the art that is happening here. A marriage between soul and technology. Such an elegant tool has never before been created by man.

All the previous iPhones seem like just an evolution for the mastery we have reached now. Soon the iPad will match too and we will enter a new era of smoothness.

I think this device is a flawless masterpiece of perfection IMO that flies high above everything else and is perched comfortably on top of the throne.

2. scrtagntman macrumors regular

Seems unbiased. :rolleyes:

I like mine too. But I think it would have been better served with an extra .75mm in thickness to flush fit the camera, add a little extra battery or even better to thin up that top bezel without compromising the battery.

Otherwise I am happy with it and coming from a Note 3.

3. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

None of that inconsequential stuff matters.

Its all secondary to the aesthetic perfection.

4. bluespark macrumors 65816

I upvoted the OP for his sheer enthusiasm (which I really do appreciate, having read so much snark here and elsewhere over the last week).

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I was able to acquire one today so now I can try it on a daily basis for the things I want to use side by side with the 6. No instore trial is going to be make me make a final determination.

I am totally impressed with both. I agree with the OP, throw out the ingrained thoughts in your head because of the threads on the forum about the Plus. They are helpful to be sure but one needs to experience the Plus for themselves. I do not foresee myself bending it, it being too large and fumbling it, etc etc.

6. xxray macrumors 6502

I agree. I was amazed when I took it out of the box yesterday. Feels so premium and everything looks so precise. The attention to detail is amazing.

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I agree 100%. Excellent post to counter all the trash that has been posted about bendy phones.

8. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Too many superlatives in the title. Gives the wrong impression, if you know what I mean.

9. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I don't own but one is in my household. I like it but I agree with one of the other posts. It's beautiful but I wouldn't have minded it a bit thicker so the camera is flush ESPECIALLY if that thickness would give more battery. No-brainer to me.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I think differently. :D

I think Apple made the "right" decision to make the camera stick out. Almost every single person I know uses a case with their phone (regardless of iOS, Android, Windows, etc.). So any concern about potential damage due to the protruding bits is kind of negated. Just my opinion. It would be ideal if it weren't protruding AND included all of the goodies that is has.

To OP, I do agree with all the -gates being blown out of proportion. It's simply impossible to bend a phone in the orientation shown in videos by simply putting it in your pocket (the axis of bending would be perpendicular). Anything and everything breaks if you try real hard to make it so. Instead of trying to find out where it breaks, why not find out how it can help you? How it's useful to your life?

11. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

God this is really sad to read, it's a piece of consumer tech. You've had the phone one day give it a rest, it'll wear off.

12. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Ach let us enjoy it! And as for making it a smidgen thicker, it would add a bit of weight. It feels light although in reality it's not that light by phone standards.

13. Derpert macrumors member

Ah, good, a thread about design. Let's discuss:

Um, what is the rationale for the massive bezels?

And the lack of a front speaker(s)

Or the sandwich design which means it will never be waterproof

Or the refusal to include industry std items like notification LEDs or IR zappers

Or the insistence on not having a rim on the screen to protect it from falls, or being placed upside down

Or the use of the absolute minimum of ram so that obsolescence is built in for future iOS releases

Or. The cynical move to not include OIS on its 4.7" cousin so as to give the 6s a built in upgrade feature

Or stuffing your customers by not providing a built in base-model memory of +16 GB so that you just fork out the extra 100 bucks

Or the insistence on a camera bulge because you know the phone is going to need a case

Or the insistence on a proprietary port to "just be different" and find a way to get more money for non STD proprietary accessories whilst the rest of the world uses USB

Or the insistence on a non standard screen res for the smaller cousin so that the 6s can have another "upgrade"

Or the fanfare of having NFC except you won't be able to use it until its unlocked on the 6s/7

Or the fact it doesn't come with a radio chip

Or that the icloud is set up such that the gullible and the stupid buy storage because they think they have to given the weekly warnings if you don't

Or the fact iOS has no file system in it so the only way to get stuff through it is via iTunes or air something. Got help you if you want to share any pictures or music from it.

Or the price of it compared to the competition

Or how I message, face time etc is locked down to apple only because, well, it locks you i n the system.

Masterpiece?
    Genius?

No, its a cash cow for the gullible lol.

14. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

So why do you waste time here then?

15. TJone macrumors 6502a

I exchanged mine today and picked up the iP6. For me the size made it inconvenient to carry or easily take out of a pocket. The battery was incredible. But the negatives for the 6 plus of the size and weight outweighed the positives of the battery and screen for me. It’s a personal choice though and many people will prefer the 6 plus over the 6. I really like the 6 - it feels like the perfect phone and is much easier to use one handed.

16. syphern macrumors 6502

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They can improve on this year's design but everything else seems perfect.

18. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Its not just tech.

Its pure art.

He's a troll signed up for the gate.

Nice list of nonsense and irrelevant things nobody cares about he made eh?

Nah its too small.

It doesn't have the same effect.

Its a cool balanced phone for what it is, but it is missing that wow factor. Its not in the same league. Doesn't quite have that orgasmic surface area.

19. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

And in other news, OP marries his phone! :)

20. Udderlystoopid macrumors newbie

OP clearly wrote this post after consuming Vicodin for the first time. It's a hell of a drug!

21. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

1. OP makes obvious claim. Says to be enamored by the best phone ever made so far, by the number one tech company on earth.

2. Sept 2014 join date says he is on drugs for feeling that way.

Seems legit.

22. Udderlystoopid macrumors newbie

Four logical fallacies in that response. You're a fallacy machine!

23. tjl3 macrumors 6502a

Let me help you out, www.androidcentral.com

24. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

Yep....awesome, cool, nifty.

Now as long as there are eventually a wide variety of ways to protect it, then many will be fine. Otherwise, it is a tool first and foremost for many in the world and the bottom line is that it also has to work well with cosmetics coming in second.

Some of us could be exposed to losing thousands of dollars a day in income if our pretty phones are down because of daily use implied damage.

I checked out the iPhone 6 in the store, it's really nice & mine gets here next week but it is really delicate this time around so will need a wider array of external protection than I have previously considered. So I am already looking at custom ways of carrying the phone in protection beyond the leather case which will never come off, even if in the outer case.

25. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I agree %100, this iPhone is another Apple masterpiece, it def feels premium just like previous iPhones, all the non sense about "bendgate" or other small irrelevant issues didn't even effect %1 of the people that bought the phone, overall it's another excellent apple piece of art, but people always find something to complain about, but hey you can't please everyone.