Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in a number of countries, customers who didn't place pre-orders for delivery have been lining up at Apple's retail stores and those of its carrier and retail partners hoping to obtain one first thing in the morning.

iphone6_6plus_laying_down.png
A new report from BGR claims, however, that those looking for an iPhone 6 Plus are likely to be disappointed, as the units are in extremely short supply.
We are told that stores have been receiving shipments all throughout the day, and out of all the new iPhone 6 models received, typically only about 2-3% are iPhone 6 Plus units, and in only one color.

There is "no chance" of finding an iPhone 6 Plus unit to purchase tomorrow, we were told. Sources also said there are no 16GB iPhone 6 Plus devices to be found.
The report notes that stores are seeing decent supplies of iPhone 6 units, with all colors and capacities available, but much like with the gold iPhone 5s last year, it appears that only a handful of customers at the very front of store lines will be able to purchase an iPhone 6 Plus at many locations.

Update: Multiple carriers have confirmed that supplies of the iPhone 6 Plus will be constrained, reports Re/code, with a Sprint representative saying the company's inventory is "extremely limited."

Article Link: iPhone 6 Plus Reportedly in Very Short Supply for In-Store Launch

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Hopefully, I'll be able to find one on Monday! I can't get it until then :( I don't mind waiting a week, as long as I have it by the 1st of October.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
I just want to go to the store to check the Plus and see if it is too big or I can handle it. The thing is, I don't want to be nowhere close to the frenzy it will be the first few days. I hope they will have few on display later on next week.

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
I went to the ATT store today and ordered 2 x 128GB iPhone 6 (standard size) and they are saying 7-14 days. Not bad at all. I am ready!

Orlandu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
Record pre-orders and reports from months ago of supply issues with the 5.5" screen, this is not really a shocker. Makes me glad I stayed up till 12:30am to get mine ordered through the store app.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Underestimated demand ?

Probably more like supply constraints. They had to design a brand new screen and reportedly yields are low. The 326ppi screen production process is older and more refined.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I was planning on waiting in line this year, but I really didn't want to take the chance of waiting all night and not being guaranteed to even get one.

Preordered a 16GB Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus! Shipping in late November :eek:

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Pathetic...really? How are you expecting 4-5 million sales one 1st weekend?
Geez apple...with all that time...you're just scamming people to buy your iPhone when you are SHORT IN SUPPLY... when did you start producing these products?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Seems their sources are only 3rd party retailers and carrier stores. I think this is to be expected.

There will be higher a supply at the Apple Stores.

exodiusprime

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Dallas, TX
Seen a lot of posts from retail employees mentioning only 16GB 6 Plus phones in stock. To those in line tomorrow:

May the odds be ever in your favor

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
Typical.

Better idea is to wait until November/December when stocks should be caught up. But cue the outrage that Apple couldn't make enough of them . . .

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Im glad both my iphone 6 plus are in UPS system ready to be delivered to me tomorrow. God bless the Apple Store App! I ordered both my phones in less than a min...

If you snooze you lose.

Dont be the grasshopper hahahaha

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Hopefully, I'll be able to find one on Monday! I can't get it until then :( I don't mind waiting a week, as long as I have it by the 1st of October.

You will almost certainly not find an iPhone 6 Plus on Monday. From what we've seen and heard if you did not preorder one or are not standing in line now for one, I would assume there will be none available after tomorrow for at least a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.