Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
You don't need a screen protector, unless you are one of those people who's phone looks like it was used as a hockey puck after a few weeks. :D

I have a couple of friends like that. But if you are reasonably careful and don't chuck it around like a maniac, you won't get a scratch. I never have. Plus it ruins the feel and makes the screen look wacky, despite what anybody says.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
The curved edges are gonna make screen protectors a very difficult application.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
My thoughts exactly, interested to see how that is going to play out. If the screen protector stops as the screen begins to curve I will be going without for sure.

That's the only way they could since the screen curves on all sides. Will look like crap if it only covers the uncurved section. My main reason for a screen protector is to reduce fingerprints. Maybe the screen will be less fingerprint attractive. I'm not holding my breath though.

Anthony.L

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2006
Seattle, WA
That's the only way they could since the screen curves on all sides. Will look like crap if it only covers the uncurved section. My main reason for a screen protector is to reduce fingerprints. Maybe the screen will be less fingerprint attractive. I'm not holding my breath though.

The announcement says the factory glass screen has an anabolic coating (same as the aftermarket screen protectors). Hopefully it won't show finger prints from the factory and I will be happy.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
The announcement says the factory glass screen has an anabolic coating (same as the aftermarket screen protectors). Hopefully it won't show finger prints from the factory and I will be happy.
Nice. I missed that. We'll see.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I ordered a the Crystal clear ones through Spigen to use temporarily till the Glass ones come out.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I love the Zagg Glass shield. Life time warranty on the shield. They will start selling them at Best Buy next week, before the 19th.

Aston.Zagato

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Ordered the Zagg HDX. I've trusted Zagg over the years to protect my iPhone 4, 5 & iPad Mini. Great customer service too, if you should ever need it. (Warranty replacements without a hastle)

MC355

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
The local AT&T stores should be carrying the bodyguardz pure tempered glass screen protectors which is what I'll be getting.

There's is a one time free replacement through AT&T store and then after that its only a $14.99 replacement through the bodyguardz website.

I have it currently on my Note 3, and works great. After dropping it on concrete the screen protector scattered like crazy, but the actual screen was perfect!

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I think the edge curves are so slight that it'll be fine?

Does anyone remember the old 'Power Support Crystal Shield/Film'? They went on via static I guess. Would anyone know who would carry the same product? It was the best for the screen IMO. I couldn't tell it was on.

danniexi

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
oleophobic is the correct term. ;)

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
ebay.. i bought 10 dollars worth of protectors.. i guess ill give my bro in law some too HAHA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.