iPhone 6 Plus Verizon is Unlocked!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kendu2412, Sep 19, 2014.

1. kendu2412 macrumors regular

After wait at Apple Store over night, the door open and they said NO 6+ WITH T MOBILE HERE. So mad but remember Verizon unlocked GSM and ask them buy 6+ with VERIZON FULL PRICE and they said yes, no problem. Yayyy.
    Got home and take out Verizon sim and put T Mobile sim in slot , turn on and bamp . Got signal with LTE service too. Tried with AT&T sim and my country sim ( Viettel ) , all got servce.

So, if anyone here cant buy T Mobile at Apple Store, try Verizon with full price, that unlocked too.

Will post pic later at lunch time, now have to work.

If somebody knew that, ok. Just in case for SOME BODY DONT KNOW....

2. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Well I mean...duh. All Verizon LTE devices are unlocked.

3. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Yeah, sorry to bust your bubble, OP. This has been known for a while already. It's federal law for Verizon phones to be unlocked.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

5. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

So wait, sorry if I'm slow here. But if I buy a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus at full price, it's unlocked AND I can T-Mobile?

6. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

I think what will be interesting to find out here quickly is if the Verizon iPhone 6/6+ is more GSM friendly than the iPhone 5 and 5s were with LTE bands. For example, on the iPhone 5 Verizon you could put an ATT sim and get service, however not LTE service. With the new device supporting so many LTE bands, it'll be interesting to see whether these new bands will allow access for most if not all GSM carriers in the US. I've always said the Verizon iPhone is the one to buy off contract regardless of carrier, so it'll be interesting to see if the same proves true with the iPhone 6.

7. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

This is the right question to ask. We already know Verizon iPhones are unlocked already. Not sure if calling unlocked is even the right word. It's simply not locked to start with.

8. illutionz macrumors 65816

That is correct

9. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

An on contract VZ 6 is also unlocked for GSM. I have an AT&T sim working right now in one.

10. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

The all part means ALL Verizon LTE devices are unlocked doesn't matter if you paid contract, EDGE or full retail. It is unlocked.

11. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

How does one T-Mobile?

12. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Wow I just know this. So you guys are saying if I bought a verizon iPhone, I could use it on the GSM carriers. However, if I bought a Tmo / ATT iphone, I can't use it on CDMA carrier like verizon. Am I correct?

13. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

You take a Verizon iPhone (iPhone 5,5S,6,6S), swap out the SIM card and you are done T-mobile.

14. jagu macrumors newbie

I thought that Verizon phones are not GSM thus no sim card is used in those phones?

15. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

So "T-Mobile" is a verb now?

16. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

They are international phones so they have a gsm radio. Also LTE devices require SIM cards, LTE is an evolution off of gsm

17. jagu macrumors newbie

Thanks. Enlightening!:)

18. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

19. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

Haha nope, just going with the flow here.

20. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

21. Buffaluphagus macrumors newbie

So whats the benefit of buying a specific tmobile phone? Wouldn't it be smarter to buy verizon if it can be used on both?

22. aajeevlin macrumors 6502a

The introduction of LTE was the start of having SIM cards in Verizon iPhone. Few examples:

1. Sold an iPhone 5 to a friend overseas in Asia. I know for fact he uses SIM card to operate on a GSM network, as they have very few CDMA carriers.

2. I personally have a T-mobile SIM card that I use to test T-mobile coverages from time to time. I have a Verizon iPhone 5 (I know because I'm still under contract). No problem at all.

3. One of my best friend who is an India, we are in the same family plan. He has an Verizon iPhone 5, and when he goes to India for a visit he would simply swap out his SIM card and use the GSM network over there.

23. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Exactly what confuses me. Can I use T mobile phone on CDMA network?

24. fable macrumors newbie

No

25. jwcdis macrumors newbie

jwcdis

The Verizon model includes CDMA and GSM. Tmobile will work for the GSM portion. I can confirm AT&T LTE will work inside the Verizon CDMA model for 6+