Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ticojpunk

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2014
I rock my iPad with a naked screen and my Galaxy S3 with a naked screen. I'll likely do the same when I eventually get the iPhone 6 (or 6+).

Godmode

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
I have a cheap chinese screen protector paired with a leather apple case. You cannot even notice i have a screen protector on it. The screen still looks amazing and the touch is the same. The only way itll affect the screen/ touch is if you but an anti reflective matte one. I highly reccomend a standard one, its literally a win win, nothing is comprimised

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Why would you not want to use a tempered glass screen protector and save the oleophobic coating on your actual phone screen from wearing down?
Once the coating on the glass screen protector wears away, you simply replace it. Not to mention the added protection to the screen that the glass protector will provide.

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
I haven't used a screen protector since the 3GS and never had any scratches on the screen, however I do use either a flip case or pouch. With the curved edges on the 6 a screen protector would completely ruin the smooth feel when swiping, as well as being very noticeable visually as not covering the complete screen.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
I have the 6 Plus and was originally using the Apple leather case. It made it so much heavier and bulkier and took away from the beauty of the phone. I recently bought a Skinomi full body protector on Amazon for about $4 shipped. It covers the front and back and I believe when used together it covers virtually the entire phone. That said, I'm only using the back part and I put it on yesterday. I took my time putting it on and it looks great - you can barely tell it's on it. the back piece alone covers just about everything except the top screen, i.e., it protects all the corners and the sides. I'm very careful with my phone and so I'm going to leave the screen unprotected (I do have AppleCare Plus so perhaps that's the best screen protector - hah). The phone looks beautiful and is much smaller when outside of a case. For anyone looking to go without a case, I strongly recommend trying Skinomi.

lyutin

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
i been using skinomi for years and they are great

When i got the 6 I also applied the skinomi screen protector. I ended up getting the leather case from apple, which i like. So figured i would just apply the screen portion. I had to cut a little off each of the 3 sides because the leather case curves a bit onto the screen. See pics, you can tell I could of been more careful. So after cutting about 1-2mm its perfect (at least for me), and I know the case wont affect the screen protector and the screen protector will last a bit longer.

A great thing about skinomi is they offer free replacements (they do require you send them the affected one, but still worth it).

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I generally stay away from screen protectors. They just don't look or feel as great as the naked glass. Even those glass ones aren't the same. I used to swear by Best Skins Ever screen protectors and had them on everything until they changed their material a couple of years ago. Now I hate them. Decided to go naked and haven't looked back. I did have to put one on my iPhone 5 though because I put a small crack at the top that didn't interfere with the screen and I couldn't bear to look at it and refused to pay the $100 to get it fixed. I got one with the white top/bottom to cover the crack. I hate it. Can't wait until my 6 arrives!

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I never used a screen protector on my 3GS or 4S. Only ever had a tiny scratch on the 4S in three years. But I looked at my 6 Plus under strong lighting yesterday and found a long, thin scratch. It's only visible under very specific lighting conditions, but it'd made me think twice about getting a screen protector. Seems like the Zagg Glass is very popular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.