iPhone 6 shortcomings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Jun 14, 2014.

1. jimbo1mcm, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014

jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I am not an Apple basher. I have just about every Apple product there is. But I recently switched from my Iphone 5S to an LG G2 and soon will get a G3. Here is why I am not buying an Iphone 6:

1. I don't care what the back of a phone looks like. I put a case on it. Whether the Iphone 6 has lines or breaks, doesn't matter to me.

2. I really like a big screen with high resolution. The Iphone 6 will have about half the resolution of the G3 in a much smaller screen.

3. I like a notification led light. The Iphone 6 won't have it.

4. I like wireless charging. The Iphone 6 won't have it.

5. G3 will have removable battery and Micro SD for up to 128 GB storage, Iphone 6 will not.

6. The front design of the Iphone 6 has large bezels which now seem dated and ugly to me.

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Yay, another thread where someone leaves iOS because they don't like a phone which won't even be introduced for another couple of months :p

That said, goodbye from the iOS community.

3. Dave245 macrumors 601

Why are people saying that there leaving Apple because of the iPhone 6 which isn't even OUT YET! :confused: everything that is being said and rumoured about the iPhone 6, is just rumour. We don't even know if it's the finished design. Apple could have something different ready. Speaking personally I'm very happy with the iPhones I've had over the years, and I'm looking forward to the iPhone, yes I do have hopes and yes one of those hopes is that there will be a 5.5" iPhone along with the 4.7" BUT I don't take anything as fact until Apple announce it!

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Personally I'll wait until it's released before dissecting the aesthetics and what's under it's hood.

Until then I see no point.

:rolleyes:

5. UKapple macrumors regular

I think that the iphone will have all of the features you mention (except the sd card as apple make far more money not including this feature) but they will be phased in over a period of years as this will net them the most cash.

Don't get me wrong I have quite a few apple products and overall I'm fairly happy with them but the iphone does seem to lag behind now and I think it's purely to do with apple making more and more money out of the consumer by deliberately phasing in features over a period of a few generations of iphone which could all be added in the next iphone. Just my thoughts.

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Goodbye and good riddance? ;)

7. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

I have come this close to rage bashing my android to the wall and or ground trying to turn it off in every single app as it doesnt have a settings option.

Still flashing.

8. cynics macrumors G4

:confused:

What device? The several I used...

Settings > Device/Display > Pulse Notification (OFF)

Not that tough.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

OP, you realize that the iPhone 6 is not even out yet and most of the pictures and discussions have been involving mock ups.

We don't really know what the back of the phone will look like, whether it will or will not have wireless charging or the bezel size.

Why jump to conclusions on something that Apple not released.

As for the notification lights, battery and what not. These are features that apple as not ever embraced and its likely they'll not in the iPhone 6. Tbh, I don't miss the notification light, though I removable battery is a big plus. FWIW, my current Nokia Lumia Icon does not have a removable batter either.

10. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I can tell you why I wouldn't get a Lg3, it has Lg on it:)

11. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

and it has Android :D
    To the OP, your first point is no reason to not buy the iPhone 6 :p

12. cynics macrumors G4

I try not to be bias but I completely agree with this. I've had so many LG products fail me I'll never buy anything from that company again. Things from TV's to ductless HVAC systems, and nearly every appliance in my house. Just one terrible experience after the next.

13. imanidiot Suspended

Thanks for sharing. I, for one, was really hoping you'd be buying an iPhone 6. This news is such a bummer.

14. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Thanks for justifying your purchase with us. I'm certain you feel much more secure with your G2 now.

15. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Resolution really doesn't mean anything, PPI is what matters.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey good luck and have fun with that LG G3 then.

17. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Ok...? Why do you feel the need to write that you got rid of your 5s for a lg g2 on every one of your posts?

18. I7guy macrumors G5

Good luck with your lg I hope you have a stellar ownership experience.

19. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

Good riddance. I'm sure you can PM a mod or admin to have them close your MacRumors account.

20. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Nice list of assumptions you created there.

21. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Breaking some new ground there, copernicus.

The iPhone 6 isn't even out yet. Who are you fooling?

1: Case smase. If you work at a construction site, thats different, but the iOS devices are known to be great without cases unless your hands are sweaty.

2: Resolution? Kudos to you. If you wanna buy a phone for resolution, you're getting the RIGHT phone. Run along with the problematic Android device...enjoy yourself. My two bros have an S3 and HTC 1, both have already had issues, my bros HTC 1 already ahs a bad charge port, for $600...i expect it to last much longer than this! Pay an extra 50 for the 5S (what I got) youll have it until you drop it or until you want a new iphone.

3: Notification light! Heaven forbid a phone without the notification light! Holy crap life stinks without that light ill tell you what.

4:Wrong, iphone will have wireless charging. In fact, the iphone 5 can charge wirelessly..so yeah...

5: Micro SD, yes, that is one plus ive seen all day, as to the battery, you need it to be removable because you'll need to replace it so often Luxurious life. BTW, iPhone 6 battery...cheese to replace. Might never needa touch it.

6: Opinion. Thats completely fine. Everyone has that. If that what was cooking up this entire bait, then you should have said "I hate iOS".

We iOS users blow you a kiss and wish you a happy life.

22. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Don't buy one then. All fair points but you are just coming off like a troll to be honest. And wireless charging??! That **** is for retards who like paying more for less, inefficient technology lining the pockets of the energy companies, all for the fat **** lazy ***** who can't plug in a ****ing cable, ****tards.

23. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm not quite clear how one can make judgements about a device that one has never seen.

Is it just me...or is this totally illogical?

(That last is a rhetorical question, btw.:p)

24. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

If you're not an Apple basher, why are you bashing a phone that you don't know the specs of?

25. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester