Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I am not an Apple basher. I have just about every Apple product there is. But I recently switched from my Iphone 5S to an LG G2 and soon will get a G3. Here is why I am not buying an Iphone 6:

1. I don't care what the back of a phone looks like. I put a case on it. Whether the Iphone 6 has lines or breaks, doesn't matter to me.

2. I really like a big screen with high resolution. The Iphone 6 will have about half the resolution of the G3 in a much smaller screen.

3. I like a notification led light. The Iphone 6 won't have it.

4. I like wireless charging. The Iphone 6 won't have it.

5. G3 will have removable battery and Micro SD for up to 128 GB storage, Iphone 6 will not.

6. The front design of the Iphone 6 has large bezels which now seem dated and ugly to me.

Last edited:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Yay, another thread where someone leaves iOS because they don't like a phone which won't even be introduced for another couple of months :p

That said, goodbye from the iOS community.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Why are people saying that there leaving Apple because of the iPhone 6 which isn't even OUT YET! :confused: everything that is being said and rumoured about the iPhone 6, is just rumour. We don't even know if it's the finished design. Apple could have something different ready. Speaking personally I'm very happy with the iPhones I've had over the years, and I'm looking forward to the iPhone, yes I do have hopes and yes one of those hopes is that there will be a 5.5" iPhone along with the 4.7" BUT I don't take anything as fact until Apple announce it!

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Personally I'll wait until it's released before dissecting the aesthetics and what's under it's hood.

Until then I see no point.

:rolleyes:

UKapple

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
I think that the iphone will have all of the features you mention (except the sd card as apple make far more money not including this feature) but they will be phased in over a period of years as this will net them the most cash.

Don't get me wrong I have quite a few apple products and overall I'm fairly happy with them but the iphone does seem to lag behind now and I think it's purely to do with apple making more and more money out of the consumer by deliberately phasing in features over a period of a few generations of iphone which could all be added in the next iphone. Just my thoughts.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I am not an Apple basher. I have just about every Apple product there is. But I recently switched from my Iphone 5S to an LG G2 and soon will get a G3. Here is why I am not buying an Iphone 6:

1. I don't care what the back of a phone looks like. I put a case on it. Whether the Iphone 6 has lines or breaks, doesn't matter to me.

2. I really like a big screen with high resolution. The Iphone 6 will have about half the resolution of the G3 in a much smaller screen.

5. G3 will have removable battery and Micro SD for up to 128 GB storage, Iphone 6 will not.

6. The front design of the Iphone 6 has large bezels which now seem dated and ugly to me.

Goodbye and good riddance? ;)

Crichton333

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2014

I have come this close to rage bashing my android to the wall and or ground trying to turn it off in every single app as it doesnt have a settings option.

Still flashing.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I have come this close to rage bashing my android to the wall and or ground trying to turn it off in every single app as it doesnt have a settings option.

Still flashing.

:confused:

What device? The several I used...

Settings > Device/Display > Pulse Notification (OFF)

Not that tough.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
OP, you realize that the iPhone 6 is not even out yet and most of the pictures and discussions have been involving mock ups.

We don't really know what the back of the phone will look like, whether it will or will not have wireless charging or the bezel size.

Why jump to conclusions on something that Apple not released.

As for the notification lights, battery and what not. These are features that apple as not ever embraced and its likely they'll not in the iPhone 6. Tbh, I don't miss the notification light, though I removable battery is a big plus. FWIW, my current Nokia Lumia Icon does not have a removable batter either.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012

I can tell you why I wouldn't get a Lg3, it has Lg on it:)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I can tell you why I wouldn't get a Lg3, it has Lg on it:)

I try not to be bias but I completely agree with this. I've had so many LG products fail me I'll never buy anything from that company again. Things from TV's to ductless HVAC systems, and nearly every appliance in my house. Just one terrible experience after the next.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Ok...? Why do you feel the need to write that you got rid of your 5s for a lg g2 on every one of your posts?

Saint.Icon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2014

Good riddance. I'm sure you can PM a mod or admin to have them close your MacRumors account.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

Nice list of assumptions you created there.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high

Breaking some new ground there, copernicus.

The iPhone 6 isn't even out yet. Who are you fooling?

1: Case smase. If you work at a construction site, thats different, but the iOS devices are known to be great without cases unless your hands are sweaty.

2: Resolution? Kudos to you. If you wanna buy a phone for resolution, you're getting the RIGHT phone. Run along with the problematic Android device...enjoy yourself. My two bros have an S3 and HTC 1, both have already had issues, my bros HTC 1 already ahs a bad charge port, for $600...i expect it to last much longer than this! Pay an extra 50 for the 5S (what I got) youll have it until you drop it or until you want a new iphone.

3: Notification light! Heaven forbid a phone without the notification light! Holy crap life stinks without that light ill tell you what.

4:Wrong, iphone will have wireless charging. In fact, the iphone 5 can charge wirelessly..so yeah...

5: Micro SD, yes, that is one plus ive seen all day, as to the battery, you need it to be removable because you'll need to replace it so often Luxurious life. BTW, iPhone 6 battery...cheese to replace. Might never needa touch it.

6: Opinion. Thats completely fine. Everyone has that. If that what was cooking up this entire bait, then you should have said "I hate iOS".

We iOS users blow you a kiss and wish you a happy life.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland

Don't buy one then. All fair points but you are just coming off like a troll to be honest. And wireless charging??! That **** is for retards who like paying more for less, inefficient technology lining the pockets of the energy companies, all for the fat **** lazy ***** who can't plug in a ****ing cable, ****tards.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

I'm not quite clear how one can make judgements about a device that one has never seen.

Is it just me...or is this totally illogical?

(That last is a rhetorical question, btw.:p)

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans

If you're not an Apple basher, why are you bashing a phone that you don't know the specs of?

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
img-thing

honestly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.