iPhone 6S or 6S Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stu.h, Aug 16, 2015.

1. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I went with the 6 last year, thinking the plus is just too big, but thinking of a change this year.
    Those who went from a 5S last year to the plus, how have you found it over the last 12 months and will you be getting the Plus again or the regular 6S?

2. mehtdosa11 macrumors newbie

mehtdosa11

Due an upgrade from my 5s in October so thinking of going for the S plus myself...if they upgrade the ram to 2GB...so il be watching this thread with interest...

3. lee714 macrumors newbie

I just got the 6 plus, after using a Samsung S4, will be returning my 6 plus, for the 6s plus if more leaks and official word gets out.

4. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Went with the 6 last time as thought the Plus would be too big of a jump in size.

But on handling my nephews for a decent period of time, I realised my massive hands will cope fine.

6S Plus for me.

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

May I ask, if you have "massive hands" why would you have gone with the 6 over the plus?

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Many went with the 6 in fear that the 6+ would be too large. But after using a 6+ they found out it was not so bad. It took me three tries before I could settle in the + model but I now have no regrets and would not go back to the 6.

7. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I would be getting the 6S plus but won't be upgrading until the iPhone 7 or 7S series, mostly because I'm under a 2-year contract and because I'm satisfied with my 6 for now. I am looking forward to the plus screen size though and the battery life.

8. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Was being overly cautious I guess. Was also worried about the fitting into my pockets, that is still a little concern.

9. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I'm heavily considering going from an iPhone 6 Plus to iPhone 6S because of its size. Don't get me wrong: both the display and battery life are amazing and I have no trouble whatsoever to use it with one hand. But, in my case, it usually 'only just fits' in my pockets.

That's not really a problem if you are doing something static, but as soon as you start to become more active (for example, if you go cycling), it's becoming a problem because you'll feel pressure.

The 6 Plus, honestly in my opinion, is just ever so slightly too wide and ever so slightly too tall. If they manage to reduce the bezels with the iPhone 7, the device will be a lot more mobile I believe.

Again, display and battery life are awesome.

10. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I'll be going for the 6S Plus. The 5S may have served me fine for 2 years but I don't have any trouble using bigger phones when I have done in the past and it seems hard to say no to more space and easier viewing.

Am I right in thinking too that the 6 Plus has generally shown better battery life too over the last year? That for me is a big bonus and and sure seller in my eyes. If that's wrong and the answer is actually the obvious please somebody tell me, you'd sway my opinion in a heartbeat.

11. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Battery life on the 6 Plus, for me, is roughly 1.5X to 2X better (active usage) than what I got on my old iPhone 5.

12. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

6s Plus. The only annoying thing is the size when it gets to put it into your pants. When you sit down it's so uncomfortable..

But the battery-life is just amazing & the screen's PPI is flawless.

If you think that you could benefit a bigger & "sharper" screen with an amazing battery life then go for the plus. If you like using your phone without difficulties with one hand & you like light phones, get the 6.

13. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

14. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Fair enough. The 6 plus is definitely on the plus side. I prefer the ability to use my phone 1 handed which I can do with the 6, no way I could with the 6 plus. At least you were able to test it out and determine the plus would be better for you.

15. zawark8 macrumors member

Honestly stick with the iPhone 6 u have 6s will not have any design changes waste

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

I went from the 5S to the 6 Plus. I was concerned about the size especially fitting it in my pockets and in particular having it in my pocket when sitting down. Whilst it has been a slight issue it's something I've come to accept and deal with and it's a compromise that to me is worth it for the benefits a larger size phone gives. I will definitely be going for a 6S Plus.

17. tuukka87 macrumors regular

tuukka87

I started with a 6, became envy of the bigger 6 plus. Sold my 6, have used the 6 plus since January,but will defiantly be going back to the 6s. Size was absolutely perfect.

18. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

The only way I go back to 4.7" version is both are flagships. The + has the advance features such as 1080p and stabilizer, etc...

19. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I played it safe last year and went with the 6. I love the phone, but I started getting "Plus Envy" after about 6 months. I've been to the Apple Store and played with the 6+ quite a few times since then and have decided to go with the 6s+ this year. I have big hands so using the 6 one handed is a piece of cake and the 6+ is barely a change. It's still very easy for me to use one handed. :)

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I'd rate my hand size as average, and I went from a 5 to a 6. It's pocketable and just reachable with 1 hand. The plus would make it less convenient for me, I think, not the other way around.

21. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I went from the 5S to the plus. I've not had any regrets and i've not found it too big at all. Having said that i'm seriously considering just getting the regular 6S over the Plus. This is because I think the Plus has been under-utilised by app developers and apart from the better battery life theres really no major advantage to having the Plus, the bigger screen is nice but I don't 'need' it. The smaller size will be more convenient for my pockets and for taking out running and to the gym, and its cheaper.
    If the extra screen real estate had been well utilised I wouldn't be thinking of switching back.

22. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I went with the 6 and then after a few months got Plus envy and played around with it and eventually got one. I'm still going back to a regular 6. The plus was great as far as battery life and the screen is awesome, but when the weather changed and the clothing got lighter, the plus got impracticle for me. Having to sit it in the cup holder every time I get in the car. Sitting on my desk at work. The 4.7 is just a better size for me overall.

23. MacAlien macrumors 6502

MacAlien

Did I miss some announcement for a 6S? Thought there were rumors it wasn't actually going to happen?

24. stu.h thread starter macrumors 65816

stu.h

I sold my 6 yesterday and bought a Plus just to try it out before the new models hit.
    Screen and battery is mega as people have said, and I'll be in a much better position to make a decision in a months time. Going to see how I get on with my commute etc.

25. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I did the same.

Sold the iPhone 5s back to my  store and purchased the iPhone 6 Plus.

For me a good move.

Looking forward to your thoughts.