Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you encountered this issue yet?

• Yes

Votes: 695 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 533 43.4%

• Total voters

bgdrew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
I'm disappointed. Experiencing these same issues, but according to Apple's page I'm not eligible for a battery replacement. iPhone 6s Plus, 64GB, launch day.

tdsw71

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2017
Hi, I just signed up for an account since I have been experiencing shut downs for a while now. I have an iPhone 6, 64GB from within 1st month of launch. I have been experiencing shut downs at various times. Sometimes I am using my camera, sometimes the phone is just sitting there. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when. All times I have at least 45-50% of my battery charge left. Many times it's even more. I just had one this morning (what prompted me to look more online) that my phone came off the charger and into my pocket to go to work. I pull my phone out of my pocket and feel it vibrate real quick. When I look at screen, it is black, I push home button and nothing. After trying to get it to respond, I ended up plugging in and pressing home and power button for several seconds for it to finally turn on. When it came on, it had 93% battery. I have been into the genius bar in July '16 to address this issue and they didn't do anything. I tried my serial number in the apple program thing and I am not eligible.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Hi, I just signed up for an account since I have been experiencing shut downs for a while now. I have an iPhone 6, 64GB from within 1st month of launch. I have been experiencing shut downs at various times. Sometimes I am using my camera, sometimes the phone is just sitting there. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when. All times I have at least 45-50% of my battery charge left. Many times it's even more. I just had one this morning (what prompted me to look more online) that my phone came off the charger and into my pocket to go to work. I pull my phone out of my pocket and feel it vibrate real quick. When I look at screen, it is black, I push home button and nothing. After trying to get it to respond, I ended up plugging in and pressing home and power button for several seconds for it to finally turn on. When it came on, it had 93% battery. I have been into the genius bar in July '16 to address this issue and they didn't do anything.

Go and try again, since then they've acknowledged battery issues on early iphons 6's, and swapping batteries I believe.

tdsw71

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2017
Go and try again, since then they've acknowledged battery issues on early iphons 6's, and swapping batteries I believe.

I entered my serial number in just before posting and it said it wasn't eligible. I may need to contact them again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.