iPhone 6s+ Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daniesy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. daniesy macrumors member

daniesy

Hello everybody!
    I just bought my (Samsung) iPhone 6s+. I've noticed that the screen is a little blueish in the bottom left margin. In that spot, whites become blue, the left margin of the keyboard looks a tad purple on white backgrounds. Also, there is a small spot where the backlight seems to be turned off. Are these things ok? Should i try and replace it? Everything else seems perfect. I can't believe i got a phone where the buttons aren't loose, and yet the screen...

2. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

Very common issues. They seemed to have rushed the 3d touch and OC has suffered.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

So has OCD. :D

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Tight buttons = win
    Poor screen = lose
    The search goes on for the perfect iPhone. One was last seen in the Andes several years back by a mountain climber but there were no other witnesses to verify the sighting.

5. daniesy thread starter macrumors member

daniesy

Funny :)) But i'm quite serious. I never got such ok buttons on an iPhone since the 3g.
    So there are high chances that the replacement might also have a bad screen...

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

They had all eaten each other. No witnesses.

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Take a photo of your screen with another device/camera and post it here.
    As for the buttons, my iPhone 5 had loose volume/mute/power. My 6+ had a loose mute switch and my current 6S+ has a loose mute switch. No good is it!

8. daniesy thread starter macrumors member

daniesy

This is the best i could manage with my iPad camera. It's much more noticeable IRL.
    screen.png

9. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

Indeed :p

10. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

Yeah, QC has been really inconsistent for this launch. I have owned every iPhone since the first one and this is the first time I have had to return an iPhone due to issues. I am now on my third 6s+. It is a Samsung, but is flawless. I think this will be the last time I buy an iPhone at launch. They are just handling too much volume now and QC seems to be lagging as a result. Best to wait a few months after.

11. daniesy thread starter macrumors member

daniesy

True. This is what i heard also. All of my friends' iPhones bought in May or April are perfect...

12. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

Yours doesn't have the blemishes? What production week is it?

13. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Dark corners and/or blue edges are very common issues this year. Lots of threads about these:

iPhone 6s+ Screen edge blue?
    Dark corners at top left

I've seen 12 iPhones 6S+'s and they all have either 1 or both of these to some degree. Some better than others. By all means swap yours out if its intolerable to you but chances are you'll get another with the same issues. Could be better, could be worse.

14. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

I'm going Friday to swap mine as it has got worse but I'm way over the 14 day window, do you think Apple will switch it for me or give me a hard time?

I've been having issues with Apple with phones, they used to switch out phones without problems and now it seems like they fight over everything

15. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Try Apple Support online. You won't have to rely on a Genius seeing the issue you see that way.

16. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

How would that work for a replacement though?

17. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

They ship you a new phone and you ship the old one back.

18. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

Oh great. Where can I do that??

19. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

20. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

So I just called and they made me an appointment at the Apple Store lol. Oh well I'll see what happens

21. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

You have to tell them you can't make it to a Store and you want a swap out.

22. redheeler, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015

redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

A common issue on the 6s. I don't think you'll find one that doesn't have it to some extent.
    Same, although it's not flawless it's at least the best one I've had so far. Production week 41.

23. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

Yeah that wasn't easy because there are like 10 stores in a 50 mile radius here in NYC

24. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

If you have Apple Care, do an online chat and say you want an "express replacement," due to your problems and have a very busy schedule. If you don't have Apple Care, you can't really do express replacement, some will let you do it but it then costs $20 or $30 shipping.

25. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

I live within 3 miles of an Apple Store, works for me. Its not about proximity to an Apple Store, its about not being able to get to one. Use your imagination, make something up :)