iPhone 7/7+ - Share your pics and first impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boardiesboi, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502a

Boardiesboi

Sydney Australia here and just received my 7+ 128GB Matte Black

Here are some pics

IMG_3761.JPG IMG_3762.JPG IMG_3764.JPG IMG_3766.JPG IMG_3765.JPG

First impressions
    - premium feel
    - matte black feels slick and aluminium seems somewhat smoother
    - no fingerprint smudges even after repeatedly pressing oily fingers on the back

I'm at work now so can't really play with it too much. Will post more once I get home and sync and set it up

Love to see your pics and what your first impressions are if/when you receive yours!

2. Geert76 macrumors 65816

3. cap7ainclu7ch macrumors regular

How does it compare to your 6S? Noticeable camera improvements? Battery life?

Matte black looks great. Glad I switched from JB. Is it more slippery than the previous finishes?

Thanks!

4. Boardiesboi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Boardiesboi

Camera definitely better. Only had it for an hour so don't know about battery life

Slippery wise it's similar to the 6s+
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    Pics of the 7+ in the saddle brown apple leather case

IMG_3767.JPG IMG_3768.JPG

5. Animal111 macrumors newbie

Animal111

Sunshine Coast Australia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So glad I went with normal black and not the Jet black.

6. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

How come?

7. Animal111 macrumors newbie

Animal111

Purely personal preference. Was afraid that the matte black might be too light/ closer to grey but is in actual fact black. More black than the slate iPhone 5, so really happy about that. Always hard to tell looking at photos.

Jet black looks great, however I'm not very keen on the super glossy, scratch prone finish. Once again, personal preference.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I ordered Matte Black and kept hearing from people that it's darker in person that in pictures. It definitely looks black in your pictures, how does it look in person?

9. NewZealandMatt macrumors member

Had my matte black 7 128GB for a few hours now and I'm loving it. I downsized from the 6S Plus this year for the added portability and ease of one-handed use. The matte black finish is beautiful - you can barely see the antenna lines. It's super slick (and slippery in-hand - if anything it feels slightly more so than my 6S Plus did). Also after reading the first impressions and reviews I was bracing myself to be underwhelmed by the home button but I actually love it – it's super responsive and to me, it actually does feel like I'm pressing a mechanical button (albeit one with fairly shallow travel), especially if the phone is on a table. I have the haptic feedback set to 2. I was assuming they'd have the Jet Black at stores in NZ as the demo models are usually the flagship colour but most stores seem to have the matte on display. So I haven't had a chance to compare the finishes ... but I'm seriously happy with the matte black.

10. Boardiesboi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Boardiesboi

It's definitely black in person, not grey

11. NewZealandMatt macrumors member

Most definitely. To my eye it looks MUCH darker than my Slate iPhone 5 was ...

12. olliewollie1 macrumors newbie

olliewollie1

Have had my 7 for a few hours now and have been playing around with it. Speed is really good and so far I love the home button. I actually turned my phone of because I was convinced it was pressing in but when off I got no feedback. Amazing! Camera is also much better then the 6 I had. Did a comparison in a high light scenario and where the 6 was washed out, the 7 looked superb.

13. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

The biggest thing that I've noticed is that holy **** this thing is fast. I'm sort of used to the speed that everything was working at, so it almost takes a bit of getting used to lol. Things are done before the animation would have even started before.

14. brgjoe macrumors regular

I am sticking with my iPhone 6 for another year. But...am really interested on what you all think of the iPhone 7/7+.

Look forward to reading the reviews! Keep 'em coming!

15. TiaSco08 macrumors member

TiaSco08

The saddle brown case looks really nice!!!

16. 576316 macrumors 601

Wow, looking smart!

17. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Would you say it's, "snappy"?

18. Zenton macrumors member

Got my iPhone 7 128GB matte black about two hours ago. I love this thing. I came from a iPhone 6 and the 7 is a very nice upgrade.

The matte black looks very nice, I'm glad I got it. Antenna bands are very nicely hidden. Overall the phone looks very slick and fees "solid" or "premium".

Can't comment battery life or camera yet.

I read about the new home button. I like it or at least I don't dislike at all. Double clicking was a little weird at first.

The thing I'm most pleased with: speed. This phone is super fast. I mean really fast.

Overall I'm very pleased and glad I upgraded even though this thing was extremely expensive (890€ or 1000 usd)!

19. Boardiesboi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Boardiesboi

Further impressions:
    • That home button is soooooo smooth! I don't know what all the reviewers are on about but it's so much better than the physical button. It doesn't feel like a click but more like a short sharp buzz. No more worrying about damaging the home button or resorting to that ugly accessibility home button on the home screen

• Speed is noticeably faster than a 6s Plus

• I can't seem to notice the "25% brighter" screen. Seems similar to me

• There is a ever so slight yellow tint to the display. Not sure if it's the cheap glass protector that I have, or if it's the "wide colour gamut" that Apple is talking about. I'll wait a few days to let the screen settle or go to an Apple Store and compare to a demo unit

• Had a Ultra Hybrid Spigen clear case and OMG it made it look so cheap. Sticking with the much classier saddle brown leather case
    QB0MiSl - Imgur.jpg Na03cG8 - Imgur.jpg

20. WhiteHawk macrumors 6502

Not happy, screen is no where near as bright as my 6.

21. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

The yellow tint on the screen seems to be a common issue. :confused:

22. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

This is a big concern for me at this point!

23. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Yeah this is making me less excited now, my 6+ screen kicks ass

24. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Touch ID is noticeably faster on my 7 compared to my 6s.

Turned both phones up to full brightness and the 7 is a tad brighter, not 25% brighter however.

Love the Home button. Used to it already.

Screen is definitely a little more yellow-ish but others have reported this so I'm guessing it's something to do with the Wide Color gamut display. We'll get used to it.

True Tone flash is unbelievably bright.

25. Nozuka macrumors 68020

Switching from Galaxy S7 to the iPhone 7.

So far so good. I got the matte black one.

Never had a phone this slippery... hopefully i won't let it fall.

- instantly loved the feel of the home button
    - it's only a little bit smaller than the S7, but it's already easier to hold with my small hands.
    - something i thought i would never say: the resolution step back from the S7 is definitely noticeable. The first time some text appeared on the screen, it felt unsharp to me. really thought i was not going to notice this.
    but i got used to it in like 5minutes. so it should be fine.
    - iOS, it's good to be home

that's my initial reaction after like 15minutes of using it. need more time for more impressions.