iPhone 7 Could Launch on September 23 Following September 9 Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With Apple set to launch the iPhone 7 next month rumors about the phone and the event where it will debut have been picking up. We've already heard information suggesting the iPhone 7 will be introduced at an event set to take place on Wednesday, September 7, two days after the Labor Day holiday, and now it appears we may have some insight into the actual release date.

While Apple typically releases the iPhone about two weeks after introducing it, suggesting a September 16 launch date, new scheduling information from AT&T shared by 9to5Mac indicates that the iPhone 7 might not launch until later in the month, on September 23.

[​IMG]

A leaked AT&T retail schedule featuring "Merchandising Reset" hours indicates employees will need to spend several hours reorganizing AT&T stores on both September 9, 2016 and September 23, 2016. It's possible this schedule pertains to the iPhone, but there's no concrete proof that it does.

Previous information from notable smartphone leaker Even Blass has suggested pre-orders for the iPhone 7 will take place on Friday, September 9, two days after the prospective debut event, which is in line with the schedule from AT&T.

Blass has also predicted an iPhone launch for September 16, but if this AT&T information is accurate and does pertain to release preparations, that previous prediction could be incorrect. September 16 and September 23 are both likely candidates for an iPhone release date.

Regardless of when Apple plans to release the iPhone 7, we don't have long to wait for an unveiling with only three weeks to go until the rumored September 7 event date. Media invites for the event are likely to go out next week, perhaps on Thursday August 25 or Friday, August 26.

Article Link: iPhone 7 Could Launch on September 23 Following September 9 Pre-Orders

2. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

3. ILuvEggplant Suspended

ILuvEggplant

Interesting. Even At&t isn't expecting larger lines for the iphone 7 release.

this is going to be the verizon launch all over again

4. Tim Chef macrumors member

Tim Chef

5. The Mercurian macrumors 68000

Wow its this time again ? I remember last time I was also waiting for new MBP.....still waiting on that....

6. wozmatic macrumors 6502

wozmatic

Pop Quiz: How many years does it take for Apple to release a new MacBook Pro?

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

The time is quickly approaching! Seems like yesterday I pre-ordered the iPhone 6s and it still looks and feels brand new to me.

8. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

It's long overdue, so here's to hoping they'll show it at the conference. I plan on making it my first Mac.

9. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

It's that time of the year, but I am not excited :(

Oh, wait, Apple Watch 2 :D

10. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

Puts it in line with when the 6S came out last year.

11. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Makes sense. I've been thinking this for awhile now.

1) They did this last year
    2) Apple said iOS 10 releases "this fall". Fall doesn't start until 9/21 and they usually release the iOS update 2 days before the new devices.

12. Mac Fly (film) macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

13. Sgt_Sharkey macrumors member

Sgt_Sharkey

The first date sounds right and I'm excited for it, 5the second date sounds like the launch day for a new MacBook Pro? That image shows how many people they can have overnight to setup the visuals for a product 3 staff paid 1.5hours. Now apple in the past have done visuals for iPhone and two weeks later added/ updated visuals for mac.

14. TurboPGT! Suspended

I wouldn't put any stock in "Fall". iOS almost always releases before the official start of Fall. Whether its a couple days, or a week and a couple days, makes little difference.

15. lw9090 macrumors regular

16. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

I don't know what they'd call it if not the iPhone 7. "The New iPhone"? Simply "iPhone"? I think they'll wait for the 10th anniversary before dropping the numeral.

17. mstnorris macrumors newbie

mstnorris

[​IMG]

The pluralisation on the graphic bugs me. It's incorrect, erroneous, but ultimately contains the same information for all four scenarios! Why not just say, 3 total work hours?

18. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Samsung S7 Edge and Note 7... All glass, curved, smaller bodies bigger screens... Those neat features are just rumors for the 2017 iPhone while the iPhone 7 rumors look more like an SE model.

I'm just waiting on the MacBook Pros, don't care about iPhone anyway because my 6 Plus is still doing so great.

19. Aldaris macrumors 68000

Aldaris

Some people struggle with basic math.

20. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

It's probably translated from Mandarin.

21. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Answer: Fewer years than a Mac Pro update.

Bada bing... :D

22. 6836838 Suspended

I've never been so under-excited about an iPhone release in my life.

23. spazzcat macrumors 68030

spazzcat

Most people go by the unofficial start of fall, which is labor day in the US.

24. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

AT&T doesn't sell MacBooks