Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enriquesh96

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2016
West Coast State of Mind
Ive got my fingers crossed that the event will be either the 6th or 7th of September, I've got that week off work and with the rumours of pre-orders starting on Friday the 9th, it would be great timing for me to pre-order. So yea if they are going to hold the event on either the 6th or 7th, then invites will be sent out this week! Apple always send them out 2 weeks before the event.

yes, i am pretty sure they will send them out anytime this week, probably on thursday. I cant wait to watch the keynote. I bet apple has some nice features that we dont know about yet. I am getting the 7 Plus, what about u?

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
yes, i am pretty sure they will send them out anytime this week, probably on thursday. I cant wait to watch the keynote. I bet apple has some nice features that we dont know about yet. I am getting the 7 Plus, what about u?

Yea I'm thinking the same, there is usually a surprise we don't know about, nothing groundbreaking but still a surprise. I will be upgrading from my current 6 Plus to a 7 Plus, that dual camera looks good from the leaks we have seen so far, and I'm betting It will be great. Yea Thursday could be right, or even tomorrow.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The invitations could go out any time this week, so I wouldn't throw your computer away just yet ;)
[doublepost=1471956272][/doublepost]

Yea anytime this week is possible, wonder what the tag line will be this year. Last year it was "hey Siri give me a hint"

"Touch the future"
"Just a touch away"
"Seeing is believing"
We've got something bigger to show"
"The future is now"
"Lets reinvent the future"
"We've changed everything"
"Back to basics"
"Same look, different feel"
Nothing's changed, except everything" (already used)

Reactions: BrodieApple

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
"Touch the future"
"Just a touch away"
"Seeing is believing"
We've got something bigger to show"
"The future is now"
"Lets reinvent the future"
"We've changed everything"
"Back to basics"
"Same look, different feel"
Nothing's changed, except everything" (already used)

All very good ideas, I think it will depend on what they have to show alongside the iPhone 7, I can't see it just being an iPhone 7 event.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
QUOTE="Dave245, post: 23272820, member: 844776"]All very good ideas, I think it will depend on what they have to show alongside the iPhone 7, I can't see it just being an iPhone 7 event.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The Apple Watch 2 will be shown alongside the second generation iPad Pro. I have a feeling that either this year or next year 3D Touch will be the star of the show with 3D Touch home button. Looking at the iPad Pro the events tag could be related to removal of the headphone jack all about the speakers.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
QUOTE="Dave245, post: 23272820, member: 844776"]All very good ideas, I think it will depend on what they have to show alongside the iPhone 7, I can't see it just being an iPhone 7 event.

Same here. The Apple Watch 2 will be shown alongside the second generation iPad Pro. I have a feeling that either this year or next year 3D Touch will be the star of the show with 3D Touch home button. Looking at the iPad Pro the events tag could be related to removal of the headphone jack all about the speakers.[/QUOTE]

I believe the 3D Touch home button is rumoured for this year with the iPhone 7, it will be interesting to see what Apple announce at the event. The iPad Pro 2 may wait until next year, apparently Ming-Chi Ko has said that Apple will release 3 iPads in 2017.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I believe the 3D Touch home button is rumoured for this year with the iPhone 7, it will be interesting to see what Apple announce at the event. The iPad Pro 2 may wait until next year, apparently Ming-Chi Ko has said that Apple will release 3 iPads in 2017.

I have a felling that the third iPad is the iPad mini but now part of the pro lineup. Now Apple has one name with three different screen sizes similar to the Mac. Or Apple has ported Mac OS to iPad. iPad Pro Ultimate Edition

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I have a felling that the third iPad is the iPad mini but now part of the pro lineup. Now Apple has one name with three different screen sizes similar to the Mac. Or Apple has ported Mac OS to iPad. iPad Pro Ultimate Edition

Good point, the iPad Pro is a great device I love mine. If they update next month I wonder what they will add? The MacBook Pro is also due an update, a big update by the sound of the rumours.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Good point, the iPad Pro is a great device I love mine. If they update next month I wonder what they will add? The MacBook Pro is also due an update, a big update by the sound of the rumours.

Call me crazy, but I just rewatched the iOS 10 video. "Hi, Hey, Hello" seems to be the most used words showcased. Also they zoomed in at 0:27 at stronger, faster, shiny too". This could be their tag line. For the iPad they'll most likely add 3D Touch, enhanced pencil support, more verity Smart Keyboard or Smart Keyboard with backlight. MacOS Sierra is focused heavily on Siri. A Siri button or 3D Touch touch screen on the keyboard. Upgraded base storage to 1TB to 2TB, 32GB of RAM option, Nvidia Geforce 980 ()

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Call me crazy, but I just rewatched the iOS 10 video. "Hi, Hey, Hello" seems to be the most used words showcased. Also they zoomed in at 0:27 at stronger, faster, shiny too". This could be their tag line. For the iPad they'll most likely add 3D Touch, enhanced pencil support, more verity Smart Keyboard or Smart Keyboard with backlight. MacOS Sierra is focused heavily on Siri. A Siri button or 3D Touch touch screen on the keyboard. Upgraded base storage to 1TB to 2TB, 32GB of RAM option, Nvidia Geforce 980 ()

Not long until we find out, I think it will be very interesting to see their tagline this year. 3D Touch would be great on the iPad, they seem to be adding more functionality for it in IOS 10 and maybe iPhone 7.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i really hope they go out today otherwise no idea when this event will be.. i hope its not the week of the 12th.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i wouldn't be surprised if its the week of the 12th either... the beta release schedule for iOS 10 was different this year then it has been in the past.

they could throw us for a loop when the event is also. even with the highly rep sources saying its the 7th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.