Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carmenia83

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2012
How do we know that they didn't just place the lcd on the front glass upside down? If the screws are still on the bottom of the phone, how would the phone open without tearing the cables?

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
I doubt I am in the minority, for a few reasons:

First, the majority of the population (at least in the US) lives in cities. In cities, I see people walking or on public transit with headphones everywhere. Even in cities that don't have great public transport, people walk with headphones. I bet that the total number of people-hours spent walking or in public transit with headphones is far greater than the total number of people hours spent listening to bluetooth or in cars.

Second, even though I use my camera daily, I never use it for more than like 3 seconds, 5 seconds tops. Anything longer turns into creepy. However, even listening to one or two song per day already means I use headphones 100x longer.

I agree. For a girl who runs 16 km everyday, headphones are the one feature I use the most - probably more than I use my phone for calling. Not to mention listening to music/trying to block out other people during transit.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
When will be get oled display.Seems like the same old iPhone 6 screen.nothing seems innovative here except if they bring pressure sensitive home button( but that's highly doubtful)

Last edited:
Reactions: IronH4WK

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
But I use headphones far more than I use the camera...

I think you're unusual in that regard. Most people use the camera far more than the headphones.

I don't know if there is any data on this, but I think more people use the headphones than you think.

I use my headphones so much more than my camera. I use the Apple headset for music, and probably 95% of all my phone calls. I hate Bluetooth audio quality and much prefer to use the headset.

But, my wife almost never uses the headset unless she is working out. still, the amount of time spent on the headset is more than the amount of time that she uses the camera.

First, the majority of the population (at least in the US) lives in cities. In cities, I see people walking or on public transit with headphones everywhere. Even in cities that don't have great public transport, people walk with headphones. I bet that the total number of people-hours spent walking or in public transit with headphones is far greater than the total number of people hours spent listening to bluetooth or in cars.

Good point, I noticed the same. Also, check out how many headsets/headphones you see at a gym.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just another step in removing any external hardware. Getting more curious to see any further changes we have not seen.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
What an ugly iPhone. That's it, I'm finished with Apple. I've owned every iPhone since the 3 but now I'm switching to Android after seeing this junk. /s

I'm sorry bruh, but that's just not believable... You forgot the MASSIVE FAIL, Apple is DOOMED, and some kind of reference to "Timmy" to make absolutely clear to others you are still in high school.

Last edited:

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Buy or use the included adapter (if one is provided) and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Depending on the adapter/dongle this might not work for me.

I plug my iPhone into my cars' headunits for music while the headset is also plugged in. This way, I can answer a phone call and use the headset.

Although, most people probably do not do this.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I appreciate an improved camera as much as the next guy, but count me among those who use headphones more than the camera.

I don't take pictures everyday but chances are at some point during the day I will feel like listening to music or watching a YouTube video on my phone. I doubt that that I am unique in that regard. I think that many members here (and Apple as well) may be underestimating how sorely a standard headphone jack will be missed.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
What an ugly iPhone. That's it, I'm finished with Apple. I've owned every iPhone since the 3 but now I'm switching to Android after seeing this junk. /s

Until Apple announce the iPhone 7 and you end up buying it like most people did last year after complaining about the 6s.

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2003
at least this is gonna be better than Ghostbusters

Or Zoolander...

What is this? A phone for people who only like to see the color RED? How can we expect people to use this phone if they can't see other things on the screen??

Derek this is just a mockup...

I don't want to hear your excuses. The phone has to show at least... three times as many colors as this!

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
My only wonder is that are they actually going to up the resolution on both screens, gosh I hope so...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.