Iphone 7 matte black antenna bands

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darrenandytan, Feb 12, 2017.

1. darrenandytan macrumors newbie

Recently bought my Iphone 7 matte black. It went straight into a case after the purchase and yesterday when I was removing some dust trapped in the case, I discovered the antenna bands are full of micro-scratches.

Just wondering some of the following questions on the iphone:
    1. What is the antenna bands made of?
    2. Did this issue came up when iPhone6 came up with the white antenna bands?
    3. Are any matte black users facing this problem too?

2. mrblog47 macrumors newbie

I don't seem to have the problem using matte black iPhone 7 Plus without case.

3. darrenandytan thread starter macrumors newbie

Hahaha, I guess the case might have caused the micro-abrasion. Was thinking that the dust got stuck in between the phone and the case, and the friction between this two materials seems to caused it. Just curious that only the antenna bands got affected whereas the other parts of the phone(even with dust initially) still seems perfect.

4. slingshott macrumors member

slingshott

It's probably made of a composite material but it's almost like plastic so I'm not sure how you've scratched it. Mine's holding up just fine.

5. mrblog47 macrumors newbie

Hmm, maybe dust tends to accumulate more around the edges of the case. This is one of the reasons I don't use a case. I used to expect the phone to stay in perfect condition but the screen will always get tiny scratches from going in and out of pockets and the apple sign on the back was scratched by dirt particles in the case on my 6s.

6. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

What sort of material is the case made of? I've seen hard plastic cases that are difficult to get the phones in and out of. I use a soft clear tpu back cover and have no problems with marks on mine.

7. darrenandytan thread starter macrumors newbie

its a very soft clear case that is probably made of silicon/rubber. its easy to remove and replace.

8. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

It's funny I noticed these scratches earlier too. I've been using the Apple leather case and today took it out only to see these tiny hairline scratches along the antenna. Everything else is pristine but it doesn't bother me much. I've had the phone for almost a month and no matter how you baby this phone it will get scratched.

9. darrenandytan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i guess the composite material is more scratch prone.

10. DCIFRTHS macrumors 6502a

DCIFRTHS

I haven't seen these scratches. Can you post a pic?

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

These abrasions from a loose fitting case are quite common. Most never see it till it is too late.

12. darrenandytan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, was doing some research and I realized most of the abrasions are caused by dust particles between the case and the phone.