iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black Now Widely Available at U.S. Apple Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Low country macrumors 6502

Your sig says you are in South Florida....there are several Apple stores around you. Ugh...cancel my reply....I see you said "with stock"...sorry

2. themick4u macrumors 6502

themick4u

My point is, why pre-order when the shipping on them is mid November and the stores get stocked first? When did things like this fall apart at Apple? I've never had this experience before until now and am in disbelief....

3. Hans_Gruber macrumors newbie

I have seen the 7+ Jet Black 256GB sim-free available for pickup in 4 stores in Manhattan today. Oddly they weren't showing available in istocknow. The pickup locations seem to be updating throughout the day which lets me know I don't need to check at 12:01am every time. There was one store available for pickup at 7am this morning and I bought it outright but an hour before pickup I got cold feet and cancelled the order after reading the same thing over and over again that it is a scratch and fingerprint magnet.

I have always wanted the Matte black so decided to hold out for it. I could have picked up the Jet Black and gave it a trial run then return it if I didn't like it, but I didn't want the possibility of being refused a refund if the phone had scratches. It's entirely possible they could reject the return after putting the disclaimer on their website about scratches and I have seen the discussion on several Reddit threads. Too risky for dropping $1k outright on a phone.

4. djphat2000 macrumors regular

changed to a spigen black case. not see through. Hides the glossy, but it still looks good enough for me :)