Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan5505

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2006
CA
I have been checking availability of a JB Plus in Charlotte for weeks and have never seen it available.

This map says it's available so I checked the app again and still nothing. Checked via the website and still nothing.

Looks like this tracker is showing availability for phones with the iPhone Upgrade Program which I'm not in and can't qualify for, credit-wise. So I suppose if you can do the IUP you're in good shape.

Both Charlotte stores have JB+ Verizon phones, which work with both CDMA and GSM.

Attachments

• IMG_1316.PNG
    IMG_1316.PNG
    291.6 KB · Views: 64

Tortugatron

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2016
I had placed an order on Apple.com and said it was going to wait 3-4 weeks. Today I was about to run into the second week and checked istock to see that the Roseville location here in CA had the 128gb Matte Black in stock. Reservation made within moments and picked up and cancelled my online order. Makes me sad that the turn around is THAT long for online orders which should be getting priority over store stock.

Reactions: themick4u

Haxley

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2010
Awesome. I had already ordered an iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256gb on September 19th with estimated shipping in November. I woke up this morning, like many mornings and checked iStockNow. Nothing, as usual. Went to work, checked the MacRumors feed on Apple News around lunch time and noticed this article. Checked iStockNow and the 256 Jet Black Plus was in stock, for my carrier, at 1/4 nearby stores. Drove 45 minutes to a mall after work, checked iStockNow again when I walked in the mall; still in stock, yes! Walked into a packed, next gen Apple Store and reserved the very last 256 Jet Black Plus for my carrier. I literally saw only "1" in stock when he selected it on an iPad. Told me I got the last one, come back in 20 minutes. I walked outside of the store, checked iStockNow and there were no more available. I couldn't believe how accurate the site was. Anyway, cancelled my 9/19 order and am restoring the new phone from backup now. Cheers and thanks MacRumors!

Last edited:

mgauss77

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Great to see them appearing in stores but also frustrating for those that ordered straight away and are in a way taken for granted , as can wait, though are probably the most loyal customers .

Either way , hope everyone can get what they want before November .
[doublepost=1476473303][/doublepost]

Was that the jet black or matte? I'd assume the matte is as scratch resistant as the space grey

Yes it is.

dilbert99

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2012
Really....I don't know of any product (besides food and medicine) that people must have the same day its released.
Movies...
[doublepost=1476514289][/doublepost]
Well, usually Apple gives a two week announcement window for their events. At this point we are at the middle of October and no news of anything. It doesn't look good. That's very lame. I need a MBP, 5K display and a Mac Mini. That's a good $$$ for Apple. Come get it., Announce something damn it! :mad:
I'd like ram that is not soldered on to the board too, i wonder if anyone at Apple has courage to ask their superiors for that for me.

Reactions: agsystems

djgamble

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2006
"The models suffer from a low casing production yield rate of 60-70%, meaning that 30-40% of units do not pass Apple's quality standards and must be retooled, according to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo."

Retooled? I'm not sure that a casing defect can be reworked. Seems more likely they will be scrapped (melted Do and used for new aluminum billets.)

A professional in the field who is familiar with the process thinks you are wrong.

Reactions: MareLuce

Sunshine_Bri

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
Truly disgusted with Apple and Sprint, it has been almost 4 weeks. I have a case and screen protector already with no phone!!! It seems as the Apple stores are getting stocked 1st then Verizon then Sprint and T-Mobile get the left oversThese carriers want my phone bill paid on time but I can't get the device I pre ordered on time... whomever is responsible for this rollout for iPhone 7 plus needs to be fired!!! I guess I can pre-order the iPhone 8 or whatever it Will be called right now so I can get it on the actual release date SMH...

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
I wanted to exchange my matte black 7 plus for the jet black, but it's been 3 weeks since I bought it. Would they make an exception if there were supply restraints?

In my personal opinion I just wouldn't. The matte black looks far classier irl than the jet black.

Matte and brushed metal looks more premium to me than a glossy almost plastic looking product.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Great to see them appearing in stores but also frustrating for those that ordered straight away and are in a way taken for granted , as can wait, though are probably the most loyal customers .

Either way , hope everyone can get what they want before November .
[doublepost=1476473303][/doublepost]

Was that the jet black or matte? I'd assume the matte is as scratch resistant as the space grey
Matt black. The others I've seen really scratched were jet blacks. iPhone 4/4s black never scratched that easily.

ToyToy32

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2016
Bronx
when did you order the phone? I ordered from sprint the day it came out and my shipping date was October 21 but I received mine Wednesday 12th

DaBlackMamba

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
I went yesterday around 11 AM and picked up a AT&T 128GB iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black. Even the store employees were shocked that they had them in stock. It was the only color they had for all carriers in the 7 plus. I knew that waiting it out would be better than waiting on a pre-order.

jwharton26

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2016
Truly disgusted with Apple and Sprint, it has been almost 4 weeks. I have a case and screen protector already with no phone!!! It seems as the Apple stores are getting stocked 1st then Verizon then Sprint and T-Mobile get the left oversThese carriers want my phone bill paid on time but I can't get the device I pre ordered on time... whomever is responsible for this rollout for iPhone 7 plus needs to be fired!!! I guess I can pre-order the iPhone 8 or whatever it Will be called right now so I can get it on the actual release date SMH...

yes i totally agree with you. this is some str8 up bs. im tired of sprint and they little piece of crap $25 credit dont mean a damn thing to me. i checked the apple stores near my house and they have just about every color but sprint cant send me my damn phone. forget about them dates they dont mean anything. I HATE SPRINT!

jddar

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
The iStockNow map will occasionally show iPhone Plus models available in some of the five Atlanta area Apple Stores, but if you go to Apple.com to pay for one to pick up they are always "Currently unavailable at Apple Store, _____." I guess I'll have to keep waiting for the one expected for delivery in 3-4 weeks. The Plus models seem to be quite rare. Is it high demand or some other issue?

DaBlackMamba

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
The iStockNow map will occasionally show iPhone Plus models available in some of the five Atlanta area Apple Stores, but if you go to Apple.com to pay for one to pick up they are always "Currently unavailable at Apple Store, _____." I guess I'll have to keep waiting for the one expected for delivery in 3-4 weeks. The Plus models seem to be quite rare. Is it high demand or some other issue?

If it shows in stock on iStockNow that means they have it and you can go get it. Apple has by default made the online pickup reservation unavailable (it shows unavailable regardless of them having actual stock or not).

I checked the iStockNow yesterday at my local store and picked up a 7 plus jet black 128gb

Apple TarHeel

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
I wanted to exchange my matte black 7 plus for the jet black, but it's been 3 weeks since I bought it. Would they make an exception if there were supply restraints?
I bought a matte black on September 22 because I didn't want to wait any longer for the Jet Black. This morning my local Apple Store had the Jet Black that I originally wanted. I reserved a 256GB unit, pleaded my case to the store employee, and they swapped out my Matte to the Jet black and made every attempt to make my experience awesome. I literally went into the store thinking I would have two iPhone 7 plus's .. but they came through .. unbelievable.. jet black is far better than matte black for me .. just my personal opinion .. no offense to matte black owners!

Reactions: Zaned303

jddar

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
If it shows in stock on iStockNow that means they have it and you can go get it. Apple has by default made the online pickup reservation unavailable (it shows unavailable regardless of them having actual stock or not).

I checked the iStockNow yesterday at my local store and picked up a 7 plus jet black 128gb

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what happens when the one I want shows up again.

Izlib

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2008
Saw the online availability, cancelled my online delivery order due to be delivered November 18th and picked up my 256 Verizon Jet Black 7+ today from my local store.

Piece of cake!

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
A cousin showed me their black iPhone, already scratched like no one's business. Many videos I've seen online are the same. Total poor durability.

Apple was very open that it would scratch easily, so I'm not sure why you would be surprised...
[doublepost=1476581277][/doublepost]
It's been over a month and there are so few plus units to be found. But this is the new Apple. Start preorders with little to no inventory and then make your loyal customer wait 6-8 weeks. Same thing when I purchased my 6 Plus. About 7 weeks or so before I got it. They must enjoy doing this or something. I have such a hard time believing Captain Logistics (Tim) can't get product out in a timely fashion. If Jet Black is hard to manufacture, okay. Where is the rest of the 7 plus line? It really is a joke, but the joke is on the customers. In theory, people may be halfway to a iphone refresh before getting one.

Couldn't agree more. I have 3 Apple stores in my city, after that it's a 3-4 hour drive to the next closest store. None of the 3 have had iPhone 7+'s available for AT&T for weeks...

Biofreak12

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2016
Somewhere
********! trying to get 7 plus verizon 128gb in black is impossible around boston area, i tired so many stores, verizon stores, bestbuys, targets, no one has it! it's a unicorn at this point.
istocknow is always red for my searches. i preordered a sim free but it will take another 4 weeks to get here.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.