iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black Now Widely Available at U.S. Apple Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 14, 2016.

1. mgauss77 macrumors newbie

mgauss77

Apple should use the same in back as the great front. Glass will look Jet, and not scratch.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016 ---
    I'd like a black front with silver back. That'd be my first choice. The Black is boring and dull, the Jet Black is great but I use no case and never scratch my phone.

2. Agent bond macrumors newbie

Still waiting on my 7+ black order it on September 22

3. MacBH928 macrumors 68040

MacBH928

Something tells me the iphone 7 didn't sell all that well...

my local carrier is sending me iphone 7 offers. Compare to 2014 when I had to go checking for 3 months until I found one

4. jwharton26 macrumors member

jwharton26

i ordered on the 20th and im waiting too day number 27

5. Sentor macrumors newbie

You didn't get the Black so you lost, ore did you ever see a silver Ninja?
    If you want to buy a Lancia Stratos HF with blue color, you buy one. You don't buy a Purple one.
    Be a Man!

6. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

They shouldn't be releasing products that scratch so easily, damages the look of the brand. It should be durable and perfect as much as possible if it is to receive the Apple logo.

7. Low country macrumors 6502

Correct...Atlanta, Charlotte, Greenville, Raleigh areas haven't seen a 7+ for 3 weeks. And thats ALL colors, ALL carriers. The Apple stores and carriers including Target and BB have had zero inventory
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    iStock says yes....Stores say no.

8. JAT macrumors 603

So, when did economics classes stop teaching about the Demand part of the equation?

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I'd say there are so many because people decided the phone with the disappearing finish just wasn't what they wanted.

10. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

I've been tracking the AT&T inventory for Charlotte stores for a bit. If you want Gold or Rose Gold, you can snag a 7+ on a regular basis.

I don't think I've ever seen it available in JB or MB. I don't track all carriers all the time but when I see one in stock for a different carrier it's typically Gold/RG as well.

Friend had the JB on pre-order and about two weeks after launch caught a silver 7+ in stock and just opted for that.

11. Low country macrumors 6502

I read last week either on Forbes or Bloomberg that the iPhone 7 sales were 35% below that of the iPhone 6 sales. I don't think the lack of phones has anything to do with demand as no other launch in iPhone history has been this difficult to find a phone many weeks after the launch.

12. Keane16 macrumors 6502a

Keane16

There's no "new Apple" about it. Every iPhone model sold out at launch. So we're going back at least 9 years.

If only it was as easy to build enough stock. These aren't say cookies with a single recipe that's repeated year in year out and easy to scale. Most components change yearly. And every year they do make more. It's not like they're still producing 4m handsets for launch.

You can't delay the launch to have more available - that just means you're eating into the lead time for the next version. You can't just setup more production lines, as that capacity would be wasted during the rest of the year. You can't start production and stockpile handsets - tech moves too fast for that. I imagine it's one hell of a balancing act.

Selling 15-20m of something on launch weekend is tough. Something as complex as an iPhone, launched in a number of countries world wide. I can't even fathom the logistics. It doesn't help when you sell over 5% of your annual sales in just one weekend.

It's a phone, people should be able to wait a few weeks to get it if they missed out on the initial batch.

13. VSLRA macrumors member

VSLRA

I know that, this topic is about Jet Black phones, but anyway I have to share my experience.

I´m waiting for my Classic Matte Black iPhone 7+ 128GB since 8.9. when I placed my pre-order at Apple Premium Resseler, for sure I gave 20% of the price in advance. My country was in 2nd wave, that means Launch day 23.9. Today we have 17.10. and I still have nothing, furthermore Apple Premium Reseller is not able to give me any date or week when I will have my iPhone. What is that? Where is the problem?

As Apple confirmed my pre-order for AW Nike+ for 28.10. on Apple Online Store, I will have sooner watch, than my iPhone. So than I can use my watch only as decoration on my desk...

I know it is only phone, but I do not have iphone now for 2 months, because of waiting. It makes my life very complicated.

14. csvt macrumors newbie

I was actually able to snag one of these on Saturday morning. Cancelled my preorder that was still processing, and picked up in store same day.

Although they were widely available Saturday morning, it must have still been in extremely low quantity because they're mostly sold out again.

15. NormChuck macrumors newbie

NormChuck

Mine to but I got me a hybrid case so I can still see the shiny back. Some cases leaves a water mark though cause it sticks to the phone.

16. toph2toast macrumors 6502a

I'm not disagreeing with you Apple shouldn't release a product that can't withstand daily abuse over the life of a product. However they were also up-front with customers on that, so if a customer wants to take that risk - its on them.

17. LatinaC09 macrumors regular

LatinaC09

Damn....I just picked up my Jet Black 7 a few weeks ago. Should've waited, oh well I'll get the Plus next time around.

18. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

A tiny font sized footnote at the bottom isn't really being upfront when glossy supersized images are plastered earlier on the website.

19. toph2toast macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure that they mentioned it during the keynote, so if standing in front of a crowded room to let everyone know isn't up-front, I don't know what is...

Also, they plaster the splash and water resistance feature everywhere, but the footnote mentions it only meets certain standards and the warranty does not cover water damage...

20. BuckoBell macrumors newbie

BuckoBell

My Jet Black shipped a month earlier than the estimate and arrive last week. I'm avoiding scratches by using my front left pocket only for this device. Just like I always have done with iPhones and it works fine.

21. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

Customers aren't watching the keynote before they buy, people here on the forums watch the keynote, but most customers don't.

The descriptions in the marketing aren't entirely upfront in my opinion. It's okay to be upfront and honest, Apple should do that more. If I was a customer buying a jet black only to find how easily it scratched, it'd be compeleley disappointed.

22. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

Walked in and got an unlocked 128 Jet Black Sunday morning. Looks goood in the red leather case.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 17, 2016 ---
    Just check Apple.com first thing in the morning and reserve a Verizon model for in store pickup. They release the stock from reservations that weren't purchased every night at midnight. That's how I got mine Sunday AM. I have TMobile.

Unless you need to do some weird carrier financing. I always just buy outright.

23. Manzzle macrumors 6502

Manzzle

For those that have a shipping details for the 7+, how much does it say the package weighs?

24. themick4u macrumors 6502

themick4u

:mad::mad::mad::mad: @ stock in Apple Stores when I ordered 9/9 and still have 5+ weeks to wait!

....end rant. And the nearest Apple Store to me with stock as of this moment is 2 hour drive.

25. toph2toast macrumors 6502a

Customers may nor may not watch the keynote, that's up for debate. Though how many do online research on a product before buying it? I'd say a majority. Type in "jet black iPhone" on Google and the word "scratch" appears 6 times on the first page... If you don't do you're homework before buying a $650+ product I don't feel bad for you. On both the Apple iPhone page and a quick Google search it mentions the issue with scratching... Would you only go on a Ford website before buying a car and expect them to broadcast any issues they may have? No, you'd check to see if there are any recalls that may deter you from purchasing, or look into the crash rating, or read customer reviews, right?