Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCorbs

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2016
Taken and edited in Lightroom Mobile. I underexposed the shot by half a stop to see how far I could push the RAW files in post. Everything in the foreground was dark and colourless but all the shadows were completely recoverable, though this is about as far as I could go before noise was unacceptable. The result is a bit grainy as expected but definitely useable - great to have this dynamic range on a phone!

APC_0013_1.jpg

Here's before:
APC_0013-2.jpg

Last edited:

marf1million

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013
An Mhí
Taken and edited in Lightroom Mobile. I underexposed the shot by half a stop to see how far I could push the RAW files in post. Everything in the foreground was dark and colourless but all the shadows were completely recoverable, though this is about as far as I could go before noise was unacceptable. The result is a bit grainy as expected but definitely useable - great to have this dynamic range on a phone!

View attachment 665245

Here's before:
View attachment 665250

I assume you didn't use an iPhone app to recover the shadows and highlights?

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Love Lightroom! I'm just waiting on VSCO Cam to release an updated version to support RAW as well.

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014

View attachment 665245

Here's before:
View attachment 665250

great result. really!

Reactions: Velkus

Velkus

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2016
California
Absolutely amazing. Would love more details on how this was achieved.

I agree with steveh552 about how amazing this photo is, can you give us some details of how you did it.

Apple should use this in one of their "shot on an iPhone" ads. For any smartphone photograph it is truly amazing.

Thank you Guys Appreciate it!! :)

Fisrt of all is a Simple Photo a day and i had the first edit on native app Photos. I finished the edit with Noir Filter.
After i opened the Facetune app and i Finished the edit with there tools and filters.

And Voilà! :)

steveh552

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2014
Thank you Guys Appreciate it!! :)

Fisrt of all is a Simple Photo a day and i had the first edit on native app Photos. I finished the edit with Noir Filter.
After i opened the Facetune app and i Finished the edit with there tools and filters.

And Voilà! :)

Thanks for the info. That was a great pic.

Reactions: Velkus

anopy1

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
All of these outdoor pictures are pretty amazing. How is everyone finding regular, every day life, indoor photos - like of kids, pets, etc? It seems like they're terrible for me. Blurry, takes forever to focus, dark and grainy. I've tried other apps (Procam, Camera+, etc) My 6S took better indoor pictures? Or am I the only one?

Reactions: lympero

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
I must say I was impressed by this at first, but now when I see more images I just find it looking disturbing with the portrait effect. It just looks like a similar amount of blur has been applied to the area that is suposed to be out of focus.
Very far from a proper photo with shallow depth of field.

peejay1977

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2015
Well I've given up using ProCam to take RAW pics, the lower light photography tends to be quite shocking, it'll up the ISO to high values to get a faster shutter speed which then introduces alot of noise to the pic. The in built camera app manages to keep the ISO low and find a shutter speed which overall gives a better end result. I realise you can tweak the values but if you reduce the ISO down and the shutter speed the preview display in ProCam goes all juddery and unusable. Also regardless of the app I use the quality of the pics from the telephoto f2.8 lens aren't that good, they aren't bad they just aren't great and it's not the lack of optical stablisation either. One thing I did notice, if you take a pic with the f2.8 telephoto lens and load it into any app that can view the EXIF info, it comes up as having an aperture setting of f1.8 which cannot be right, unless of course it's not actually flicking over to the telephoto lens at all.

Anyhoo, took these in Dublin on Wednesday :

IMG_3988 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3998 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3995 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3997 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3993 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
These photos are gorgeous. Hopefully Verizon continues to ship out their backordered Plus about 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule... Original ship date was 11/23, hoping for it in October at some point!

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
Well I've given up using ProCam to take RAW pics, the lower light photography tends to be quite shocking, it'll up the ISO to high values to get a faster shutter speed which then introduces alot of noise to the pic. The in built camera app manages to keep the ISO low and find a shutter speed which overall gives a better end result. I realise you can tweak the values but if you reduce the ISO down and the shutter speed the preview display in ProCam goes all juddery and unusable. Also regardless of the app I use the quality of the pics from the telephoto f2.8 lens aren't that good, they aren't bad they just aren't great and it's not the lack of optical stablisation either. One thing I did notice, if you take a pic with the f2.8 telephoto lens and load it into any app that can view the EXIF info, it comes up as having an aperture setting of f1.8 which cannot be right, unless of course it's not actually flicking over to the telephoto lens at all.

Anyhoo, took these in Dublin on Wednesday :

IMG_3988 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3998 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3995 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3997 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

IMG_3993 by paulcjones1977, on Flickr

did you use ProCam or ProCamera? please give ProCamera a try too.

also, yes the "tele" lens seems not that great quality wise for tele pictures, but in good lightning conditions i find it great for close up pictures (not macros) and portraits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.