Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you care about the iPhone 7 being waterproof?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I see so many people wanting the iPhone 7 to be waterproof whilst I'm here thinking why?? I just don't get why everyone wants it to be waterproof. If you can't leave your phone in a safe place whilst showering/ swimming etc then what is wrong with you? I never take my phone in the bathroom or leave it near my hot tub. I just leave it either in my bedroom, kitchen or a good distance from my hot tub. The only reason i would want it to be waterproof is if i accidentally got splashes on my phone. SPLASHES! I wouldn't dream of using my phone in the shower/hot tub even if it was waterproof.
Why do you keep saying your hot tub? You nerd lolol

bcroft686

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Yes - Now I can go running without looking in detail at the hourly forecast if I see a little cloud outside. I can't stand that a little rain could potentially kill my $800 device.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
My best answer to the OP's question is that while I don't need it to be waterproof, why nit have it anyway? I've only had one water incident with my phone and that was with an iPhone 4 being out through the wash; I don't think a 7 would survive that either. Accidents happen and the more standard features we have to prevent damage to our expensive items, the better I say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.