Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Droidbricker

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016
Hello guys,

After a threw months of saving up and selling my iPhone 7 plus I have got £1100 to spend on a new iPhone 8 when it's released, do you think this will be enough or will I need to sell my car.

Thanks
Not even close, sell your car and start selling your sperm and plasma everyday too. Better go NOW OP, this is your life until release day!

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Hello guys,

After a threw months of saving up and selling my iPhone 7 plus I have got £1100 to spend on a new iPhone 8 when it's released, do you think this will be enough or will I need to sell my car.

Thanks

You'll probably be good. Prices are speculation right now at best. Won't know until the presser.

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

RuffDraft

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I agree. It makes me sad my new phone will cost as much as a "13 Apple Macbook Pro.

Maybe, but the camera will be so good in it that you are paying for what you have in your pocket. You can either go Sony RX100 MKV or iPhone 8. One can make calls, take great images, text, browse the web, manage your business and life, or you can get a bigger sensor camera that's a similar size and carry that around with a pay as you go entry level phone... I think the features that a phone can pack now make the cost relative to the features.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Maybe, but the camera will be so good in it that you are paying for what you have in your pocket. You can either go Sony RX100 MKV or iPhone 8. One can make calls, take great images, text, browse the web, manage your business and life, or you can get a bigger sensor camera that's a similar size and carry that around with a pay as you go entry level phone... I think the features that a phone can pack now make the cost relative to the features.

That's kind of the way I'm looking at it. I've been a photography enthusiast for many years and have carried various combinations of DSLR and m4/3 kits, as well as a few good quality compact P&S models. Never had one of the RX100 models, but have always admired them. My smallest options currently are my Olympus OM-D E-M5 with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake, and we also have an Olympus XZ-10 compact P&S that is quite good. I'm still on an iPhone 6, but will upgrade to either a 7 or 8. Either way the newer smartphone will probably render the XZ-10 compact superfluous. If the iPhone 8 camera is a significant enough upgrade, it will be worth it to me, because I do end up taking quite a few photos and videos with my iPhone. I've spent over $1,000 on individual lenses I don't use all that often, so I'm willing to spend that on a better smartphone camera that I will use every day.

Sean

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
A new report at Forbes claims that pricing could start at an eye-watering $1,100 to $1,200, with Apple to offer the handset in 128GB and 256GB configurations only.

That's nothing new. There's been talk of high prices for a while now. We'll just have to wait and see.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
A new report at Forbes claims that pricing could start at an eye-watering $1,100 to $1,200, with Apple to offer the handset in 128GB and 256GB configurations only.

I'm still guessing that whatever these analysts are going by is the high-end price only (therefore assuming the next one down is $100 less, which could be wrong), which is stated be around 256 GB, and therefore more expensive anyway. We'll have to wait and see though.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I have just seen that some reports are saying it may cost $1,400 for the entry level iphone 8, if the iPhone 8 does cost this much apple won't be getting my money, I'm going up to £1,100 and that's it so fingers crossed!

Reactions: RuffDraft

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I have just seen that some reports are saying it may cost $1,400 for the entry level iphone 8, if the iPhone 8 does cost this much apple won't be getting my money, I'm going up to £1,100 and that's it so fingers crossed!

So why start a thread asking if you'll need to sell your car to add to the £1100 if you have no intentions of spending more than that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.