Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
People get set in their ways over years of doing things even if they don’t do anything.
I see it all the time in fitness/nutrition.
Trying to change a guys mind that’s been doing something for years one way they won’t listen even if you throw new proven science on the topic. Stubborn is a better word for it.

Reactions: M5RahuL

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Whatever. I close them because I like to. Just like Relentless Power. It just feels more orderly to me to close down an app when I'm not sure I'll use it again next. And in the case of some apps like Pokémon Go and FB there was weird stuff going on where it did seem to help. But I'm aware of the contents of those links you provided him.
[doublepost=1506336242][/doublepost]
People get set in their ways over years of doing things even if they don’t do anything.
Trying to change a guys mind that’s been doing something for years one way they won’t listen even if you throw new proven science on the topic. Stubborn is a better word for it.
Yep, stubborn, that's me!

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Everybody has different methods of how they do things. There is no right or wrong answer here contrary to your anecdotal analogy comparing to fitness. My situation has never been where it has caused me to have any type of battery issues or deficiencies. Even if those topics that were posted are accurate, that doesn't mean that mean it's applicable to my usage. Nor am I suggesting what somebody else should do with their iPhone versus what I do with mine. It's not pertinent to my situation and all my iOS devices have been treated this way, with zero impact with my battery life. I'm also not a heavy Tasker either.

Reactions: 5105973 and ABC5S

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Everybody has different methods of how they do things. There is no right or wrong answer here contrary to your anecdotal analogy comparing to fitness. My situation has never been where it has caused me to have any type of battery issues or deficiencies. Even if those topics that were posted are accurate, that doesn't mean that mean it's applicable to my usage. Nor am I suggesting what somebody else should do with their iPhone versus what I do with mine. It's not pertinent to my situation and all my iOS devices have been treated this way, with zero impact with my battery life. I'm also not a heavy Tasker either.
Zero impact because you know exactly what your isuage is to the specific minute and second if you left these already “paused in background” apps?
What kind of research have you done to prove that your way is not impacting your battery life that hasn’t been researched by numerous people before?
It’s ok if your stubborn and think your way is not changing anything.
Just saying people get set in their ways. Even if they aren’t right. They will make excuses for why they do things even if it doesn’t make sense. It makes sense to them. That’s all that matter to those types of people. It’s the exact same thing with my analogy.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Zero impact because you know exactly what your isuage is to the specific minute and second if you left these already “paused in background” apps?
What kind of research have you done to prove that your way is not impacting your battery life that hasn’t been researched by numerous people before?
It’s ok if your stubborn and think your way is not changing anything.
Just saying people get set in their ways. Even if they aren’t right. They will make excuses for why they do things even if it doesn’t make sense. It makes sense to them. That’s all that matter to those types of people. It’s the exact same thing with my analogy.

Type of people? Not every iPhone user is going to have the same methods, that much at least you need to accept. It's not just about being stubborn, it's the direct way that the iPhone user will take a vantage of iOS differently in terms of how they manage applications and battery life expectancies. Let's not blow this out of proportion where I need to start proving studies based on closing applications. We are talking task management here. Nor do I disagree that it can't affect battery life one way or the other by not closing out applications. It's Simply the method that I use and I have very few applications that I actually use on my iPhone, which none of them are intensive. Again, I have never seen negative impacts my battery life with my iPad or iPhone for decrease. And if my devices are stationary, they're charging as it is. Again, it's negated to me. What Works best for me, won't work best for the next person. That's understandable.

Reactions: 5105973 and ABC5S

Oliveira46

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2017
As a current Android user, that is conviced of changing to IOS because is sick of Android lag and sutters, should I be worried buying an iphone X?

These software glitches is exactly the thing I'm trying to run from when changing form Android to iOS :/

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
As a current Android user, that is conviced of changing to IOS because is sick of Android lag and sutters, should I be worried buying an iphone X?

These software glitches is exactly the thing I'm trying to run from when changing form Android to iOS :/

Well the iPhone X isn't out, so no one knows exactly how well it will perform. But its got 3GB ram whilst previous iPhone 7/7 Plus have 2GB and run perfectly fine.

I had the S8 for 3 months sold it cause i couldn't get used to Android i don't like how it operates.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

It’s going to be a cool phone, sure. There will be a learning curve though, and keep in mind that it’s a first generation product.

Oliveira46

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2017
Well the iPhone X isn't out, so no one knows exactly how well it will perform. But its got 3GB ram whilst previous iPhone 7/7 Plus have 2GB and run perfectly fine.

I had the S8 for 3 months sold it cause i couldn't get used to Android i don't like how it operates.

I have a flagship Android from 2015 that runs like absolute crap, Yes, I wiped twice during these 2 years, but after some time it bogs down.

I want to change to iOS because for years it used to hold performance a lot better with age. My buddy has a iphone 3 year old iphone 6 and runs so smooth compared to my Android (Snapdragon 808 + 3gb of ram). But these reports of people with 6s and 7 claiming that their phone starts to feel slugish with ios11 is scaring me.

I don't want to pay 1350€ for a phone that's going to have the same issues I'm trying to run away from.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I have a flagship Android from 2015 that runs like absolute crap, Yes, I wiped twice during these 2 years, but after some time it bogs down.

I want to change to iOS because for years it used to hold performance a lot better with age. My buddy has a iphone 3 year old iphone 6 and runs so smooth compared to my Android (Snapdragon 808 + 3gb of ram). But these reports of people with 6s and 7 claiming that their phone starts to feel slugish with ios11 is scaring me.

I don't want to pay 1350€ for a phone that's going to have the same issues I'm trying to run away from.
It isn’t sluggish on those devices. Those are mostly folks who have just installed a new OS complaining that while apps are caching, and the OS is still indexing, that a brand new iOS doesn’t feel as snappy as a refined OS that’s been tweaked an updated over the course of 12 months. As always, consider the context and the sources.

ACST

Suspended
Sep 5, 2016
Boy, where do you get your knowledge from?

7 Plus has 3 GBs of RAM. That's why we are worried that Note 8 beats the crap out of iPhone 8 Plus and that Apple is cheap with RAM.

Those are some bolt statements. But I guess you got the proof to back up that the Note 8 beats the crap out of the iPhone 8 plus?

Reactions: ABC5S

Treyhunna

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2017
doesn't the note 8 have 6 gb of ram and its just now holding its won against iphones? it takes double to keep up/beat? that not something to brag about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.