iPhone becoming an industry joke

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pish6969, Sep 25, 2014.

1. pish6969 macrumors regular

I've never bought a phone at launch until this year with iPhone 6. I've always waited to see reviews and what not after it's been released.

The phone becoming an industry joke. Even my 11 yr old daughter been asking me if my phone is bending and if I have no service because of update.

Seems to me apple really messed this one up. The thin form factor going to lead to a lot of bending especially the 6+. Not well thought out. The ios8 is not stable at all and then the joke of an update they did yesterday was a disaster.

Now I get to go to work and listen to all the android boys break my chops saying I got a cheap device and now the one thing you can always say was good (iOS) is broken.

Personally only issue I've experienced personally is slow wifi from work (my home is excellent).

Any one else feeling a little embarrassed right now for running out and buying an unpolished and seems beta product?

2. mjschabow macrumors 65816

iPhone becoming an industry joke

Who cares ? Ignore the haters.

3. RichP74 macrumors regular

What's embarrassing is the amount of play given by the media to the same 4-5 pics/videos of bent phones that were obviously abused.

The real embarrassment is the iOS 8.0.1 debacle. Curious to see how Apple addresses that today.

4. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

5. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I don't get embarrassed by things a company I don't even work for does.

I have an iPhone 6 and its the best damn phone on the planet, period.

6. Wise87 macrumors 6502

Sounds like you worry to much about what other people think and say.

7. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Nope.

For one, I live my life by my terms and not what other people think of my decisions.

Two, why would anyone feel embarrassed about buying a phone that has been well known to be the best phone on the market since its inception in 2007, and that 10 million other people purchased in the last few days?

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't buy my phones (or computers) based on other people's opinion, but rather what works best for me. To that point, it does not bother me what the competitors think.

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Is it bent though?
    And how's it going with iOS 8.0.1 removing networking functions?

10. pish6969 thread starter macrumors regular

Based on what? The iOS is bad right now according to many reports and I'm sure you saw what happened yesterday.

If it comes out the apple skimped on the metal they used to make this phone I'm gonna be furious.

I'm praying they sure up IOS and the bending thing is just a few phones that maybe had faulty construction.

11. Valkyre macrumors 6502

4 million preorders day 1, certainly speak volumes as to how much of an "industry joke" the iphone really is...

joke is on the lads that need 6 months to reach 1st week iphone sales...

12. StoneJack macrumors 6502a

StoneJack

iPhone 6 had rough start, for sure, first it was demanded so much, then despite the fact that all smartphone or phones for that matter break and bend, it was singled out and a bad update (seems that OTA only) made this start too rougth. Especially for the bad OTA update, never should be released at all.
    However, it is a industry leading smartphone by all technical and business parameters, so don't worry.

13. kalebnate macrumors 6502

Uh to you maybe, plus the fact you're helping in this by making such threads.

14. arliu macrumors regular

if you think about it, bendgate, ios update fail, icloud hack...

and people still lining up to give apple their money...

apple is laughing it up :apple:

15. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

I think the phone and ISO8 were rushed for a September release. I going to get an IPhone 6 but I will wait until all the bugs are worked out.

16. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Embarassed? I am surely not an apple apologist but when I look at this device it's a phone (it makes calls), camera (it takes pictures), and web device (it surfs the web).
    Lets take my truck. I drive to work (it gets me there), I put stuff in the back (it takes it to wherever I need it to go). But every so often I get a piece of mail saying there is something wrong please bring your truck in so we can fix it.

Apple is no way above that.

So apple having a glitch and inconveniencing some is an oh well event.
    There is a fix for it. Restore it and move on.

My company flat out said, do not update to 8, our networks will not support it until it is tested. Crazy thing is, their network will not authnticate users on iOS 8. Oh well.

17. pish6969 thread starter macrumors regular

Embarrassed because I trusted apple enough to go stand in line day 1 only to get a phone that seems like a beta.

All of us that got our phones at launch basically told our friends/family that we were anxious to get the best new phone on the market and we needed it now. Like it or not this is all over the news and it makes apple look horrible and for whatever reason I feel like a jerk that couldn't wait. Like a child that ran down stairs to open presents to find a huffy instead of a mongoose (dating myself a bit I know)

Last time I buy at launch.

18. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

most people bent their pluses while putting it in their back pocket. i have to use a note for development purposes, which is bigger than the iPhone 6+ and when i put it in my front pocket in many of my pants theres not enough pressure (if any at all) to bend the phone at all.

the update was a flaw yes, but every OS is going to have problems at their first release.whether its mobile or for computers.

iOS is a far better mobile OS then any other out there. Is your 11yr old daughter capable of evaluating mobile OS systems to another? has she used development programs like eclipse or Xcode?

She's just repeating what the mainstream media tells her so, kind of like "Middle Eastern Terrorists Hate us, because they HATE FREEDOM" rather than the fact that the US has been meddling in middle eastern affairs for 50 years installing puppet leaders, backing dictators, and selling weapons to israel and its muslim adversaries.

androids are flexible, but the average person hardly NEEDS the flexibility it offers.

most android users are on outdated OS and is susceptible to malware and spyware (90% of all mobile spyware and malware are on android) so businesses won't go near em to use them for their system. (besides 2nd-3rd world countries of course, if they cant afford apple products)

industry joke? your talking about the company that made the industry. You do know android is a straight knockoff of iOS.

19. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

True, Apple is screwing up a bit. The live stream issues for the key note was the first sign of trouble.

With that said I would't say that iOS 8 is unstable and the iPhone itself sucks just because it can bend. Other smart phones bend as well.

As like before with these sorts of issues, Apple will work them out.

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't trust any company.

I'd say while the bending issue is real, its not unforeseen. There were many threads about the iPhone 5 bending, 2 years later we have a thinner larger phone. How could not be even more fragile?

I hate to say it, but ip6+ owners need to adjust their usage habits if they want to keep their phone from bending.

I'm not embarrassed, since I have no emotional attachment to a multibillion dollar company

21. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

If I cared what people thought I would be a lemming and purchase a Galaxy s5 AND force myself to be happy with it. I did purchase a Galaxy s5. And I thought it was garbage, so I returned it.

However, it's a very popular device. No jokes about that one...all positive media coverage! ... even though none of the so called glorious features worked for my needs.

22. pish6969 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes to "me". This is a forum to share thoughts. Where else should I post my thoughts on my iPhone 6, the android forum?

I thought forums were for people to share feelings good and bad about the product we have

23. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I know so many people that will not buy a new model year car. Too many bugs.