iPhone installment, with 0 credit score?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by holajoejoefirecat, Sep 8, 2016.

1. holajoejoefirecat macrumors newbie

I am a college student with a credit score of 0 (no credit history). I recently got a credit card; however, I have not yet made any payments on it (haven't used it at all). Will I be able to participate in the iPhone Installment Program?

I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Only one way to find out. Apply and see what happens. Good luck!

3. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Just guessing, but I would think no. College students with no credit history is probably one of the top high risk demographics. These are the same people who squirm over a full price Apple Music subscription. I can't see Apple wanting to open that floodgate of write offs. I could be wrong though.

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Apple isn't taking the risk, Citizens Bank is, plus the fact that the payments need to be guaranteed by CC and the phone has to be activated with a carrier reduces their risk considerably. I read many stories last year of people with poor to no credit getting approved along with stories of people with awesome credit getting denied. Can't hurt to try.

5. cpt2hearts macrumors newbie

cpt2hearts

If you use Apple credit via PayPal the answer will be no. If you go via the education site you maybe able to get Barclays finance which are generally quite good

6. holajoejoefirecat thread starter macrumors newbie

I think their financing system is a separate thing. I'm specifically referring to the iPhone Installment Program: http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

7. noobinator macrumors 601

Lots of denials were flying around last year so it's not the easiest thing to get into. I'd say you are a high risk candidate and will be denied.