Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone Minimalist Homescreen

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009

I thought this was a pretty neat concept and I've done this for quite a few people now because they like it too :D What do you all think?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I like it but you hardly have any apps. Start downloading! lol

Been on iOS since 2009, most of the apps on my phone have been here since then. Have no need for extra apps; I don't game or do much "dicking" around, I use my phone for music and... phoning.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Been on iOS since 2009, most of the apps on my phone have been here since then. Have no need for extra apps; I don't game or do much "dicking" around, I use my phone for music and... phoning.

I understand you don't want to use much of the apps that Apple has in the App Store but why have an iPhone?

Maybe you like iOS and prefer the design and layout of the iPhone but to spend so much a month with the plans that comes with the iPhone, I just don't understand why you would just settle with the apps that it comes with.

There are lots of productivity, utility, entertainment type apps that can be of use to you. If you don't like gaming, I understand, but there's so much useful apps that can help you with your day to day life.

This is why I have an iPhone. It's to enhance my life.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Any chance you could post that sunset wallpaper for others who like it?

Thank you in advance for doing so.

It's my friend's picture he took with his 4. I'll ask but I'm sure he will be receptive. Give me a few minutes :)

I understand you don't want to use much of the apps that Apple has in the App Store but why have an iPhone?

Maybe you like iOS and prefer the design and layout of the iPhone but to spend so much a month with the plans that comes with the iPhone, I just don't understand why you would just settle with the apps that it comes with.

There are lots of productivity, utility, entertainment type apps that can be of use to you. If you don't like gaming, I understand, but there's so much useful apps that can help you with your day to day life.

This is why I have an iPhone. It's to enhance my life.

It's not just the ones that came out of the box! Trust me over 3 years I've experimented with loads of apps - over 30GB of them, from COD Zombies (damn good app, I do like gaming I just don't have time/have actual consoles for that usually) to random computing apps. If you can suggest any that you really think work, let me know. But for now I have a few which I've kept through each iteration of my iDevice and have served me well. I'm open to the idea; just haven't found any which have said 'Wow, I need this!'

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Any chance you can explain how it's gone?

root/Library/SpringBoard/IconState.plist
"<dict>
<key>displayName</key>
<string>Newsstand</string>
<key>iconLists</key>
<array>
<array/>
</array>
<key>listType</key>
<string>newsstand</string>
</dict>"
CMD + X

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
I don't have just one page but really enjoy keeping my home screen blank. It's such a nice screen that I like to see the wallpaper I set up. I'm glad iOS 6 doesn't freak out like 5 used to.

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
Great picture. Bad setup... Your top 16 apps require an extra tap to get to. Waste of time for no upside. (IMHO)

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
root/Library/SpringBoard/IconState.plist
"<dict>
<key>displayName</key>
<string>Newsstand</string>
<key>iconLists</key>
<array>
<array/>
</array>
<key>listType</key>
<string>newsstand</string>
</dict>"
CMD + X

How exactly did you achieve root access?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.