iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 6 has not arrived

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sam3020, May 20, 2009.

1. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Hey,

I expected that as two weeks had gone from the last beta that there would be a new one out yesterday. This means there is not going to be one out till next week or maybe this is the last till the final release

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

they broke the cycle with the last one, maybe we will be waiting 3 weeks to get the next one

3. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

IMO, Beta 6 will come right after the 7-days-testing of the Push Service is over... maybe one or 2 days later. ;)

4. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Why? What would stop Apple from putting it out today, tomorrow or Fri?

5. Woomy123 macrumors regular

they wont put it out today or tomoz because of this new push notification that they are testing on beta 5, and after 7 days they will make changes to it if needed then bring out beta 6 (maybe) and then test it on that

6. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

This means nothing. Software development isn't a precision machine, Apple will release new betas as they become ready. All of this uneducated speculation about a beta release "schedule" is quite amusing though.

7. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I agree. This makes the most sense. They wouldn't put it out until they are finished with the push testing that they asked developers to do. So don't look for it before the 25th of May.

8. sd2009 macrumors 6502

Well, considering the first 4 betas were released every 2 weeks (to the day), it's not strange to think that Apple would continue with this schedule.

9. tasset macrumors 6502a

10. ITR855PR macrumors newbie

IMO! Beta 5 was supposed to be released last week! but they rushed it out to address the MMS/ Tethering Issue and to begin push notification testing! So if they follow a "Scheduled" beta realese, excluding beta 5! we could assume that the next beta will be released on may 26! a nice gift 4 mah b-day! lolz

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

OMG!!!!

:rolleyes:

12. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Address what issue? Lots of people still have MMS and Tethering working, myself included.

13. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

The AT&T not liking people using the tethering and MMS features on the iPhone just yet, therefore Apple must stop them.

14. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Christ, they're on whatever schedule they feel like. Just be happy when it arrives.

15. ITR855PR macrumors newbie

well ive got tethering working but, the icon for sending mms was eliminated from my phone! so obviously you had to do something else other than installing itunes new beta and os3b5 in order to get that to work! That IS what i meant! The issue was that they wanted to avoid the MMS option and tethering so people wont use it until the actual OS gets released b/c as far as i know AT&T has no MMS Data Plan for the iPhone yet! (Im Talking about USA)!

16. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Holy exclamation point, Batman(!)

17. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I think it's still there for everyone on a Family Unlimited Messaging Plan who's primary line is not an iPhone.

18. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I think I speak for everyone who's had enough with people whining about betas

Shut up!

19. kuntry macrumors newbie

kuntry

I was able to get it back by updating the ipcc file. However, I was only able to send MMS for about 5 minutes after I did the SIM swap trick back in beta 3. Since then, unsuccessful. I have a family plan but I never thought about the primary phone being an issue. Still haven't got tethering to work on Windows7 beta. Does MMS work continuously when the primary phone is not an iPhone?

20. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

+1 !!!

Amen!!

21. LinMac macrumors 65816

I would assume that the next beta would be released after the 7 day push test is complete. That seems most logical when you think about it.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So is it time to create a iPhone OS 3.0 Beta 7 has not arrived thread.

Seriously why post something that hasn't come out yet and being beta maybe they won't do a beta 6.

23. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Please let that not be the case. At least let me go back to Beta 2, 3, or 4 - you know, any of the ones that actually worked well. :rolleyes:

24. taran420 macrumors 6502a

well you shouldnt be complaining, it is a beta.
    and i'm pretty sure we will see some more betas, at least 2 more

25. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Enough with the "it's a beta!" excuses. You would think that Apple would have figured out by now how to make the iPhone 3G's radio work properly. I'm not talking about any of the new features, I'm talking about the basic telephone functionality of the device, which they've been tweaking for more than a year. :rolleyes: