iPhone stock news [UK]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tobywuk, Jul 14, 2008.

1. tobywuk macrumors member

I thought I would start a topic about news and reports on iPhone stock for the UK, usefull for people who are still after one.

02 and CPW websites currently out of stock..

Monday today, will be phoning local 02 and CPW stores to see if the have any at 9.

2. Mercer macrumors member

Mercer

iPhone stock news [UK]

Yeah, im still chasing an upgrade from my 1st gen, everywhere i rang on saturday in my area was out of stock, i wish o2 would pull their thumb out and at least post when stock is gonna be replenished :(

also i was one of the "unlucky" ones who never got a pre-order on the wonderful o2 site, annoys me abit as they should at least take the order and stock it when they get stock, i dont mind waiting if theres at least something in the works! :)

3. ryanfong macrumors member

4. tobywuk thread starter macrumors member

im phoning my local 02 store... its 9.02 but no one is picking the phone up

5. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

They are probably all off sick with stress after Friday

6. onescoop macrumors member

is your order 'in progress' on My O2?

I've got that and have been told they're expecting new stock the end of this week (Friday, though some people have been told that's the day we should expect our orders).

7. tobywuk thread starter macrumors member

Jusst got through to an 02 store, Aparently no 02 store is actually allowed to sell them due to stock reasons... these are orders from there managers....

8. jjppp6 macrumors member

Yep, this is true.

Apple Stores can still sell them though.

9. Mr X macrumors member

Mr X

Store in Oxford Street told we two weeks!
    Then tried Lakeside yesterday and they said 2-3 weeks :(

Plenty of stock in Apple Store yesterday for NEW customers though. If it's going to take over a month to upgrade I may just wait another 4 or 5 and see if a larger memory version appears as my excitement is dwindling :(

10. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

I'm based here in N.Ireland and chasing the iPhone as well. Sadly when asking some o2 staff on Friday past, some were unsure of when they get stock updates this week and others were saying Thursday :(

11. stomer macrumors 6502a

I picked up my iPhone from O2's Dewsbury store on Saturday evening. Apparently, they still had about 15 or so handsets left. Not sure if they've all gone yet, but if you live in Yorkshire then it might be worth giving them a call.

12. ryanfong macrumors member

Can somebody confirm there still has stock in Apple retail shop?

16G? Sheffield?

Cheers!

13. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

Out of interest was it 8GB left or were there some 16GBs as well, it seems like the 16GB are the ones that are really difficult to come by.

14. ryanfong macrumors member

Saturday evening?!
    You lucky lad..:)

15. Mercer macrumors member

Mercer

o2 order

Well i didnt get that far man, was trying to order from 8am, got through the whole upgrade screen and it just vanished, filled in a few failover forms but not had any contact! :(

16. ryanmanu macrumors regular

Cpw

i ordered last thursday, and i just rang them up,
    said they are very sorry but they are all out of stock and SHOULD be delivered by the end of the week

17. steve5424 macrumors member

All the Apple stores still have plenty of stock. Well they did last night.

Check this in the evening after 9pm.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/availability.html

18. ryanfong macrumors member

19. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

20. Sin macrumors regular

Working virtually next door to an Apple store doesn't help me get an upgrade to my existing iPhone - it just makes me more annoyed to know I'm within shouting distance of a big pile of phones I can't buy.

21. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

It sounds like torture my friend, it seems a shame how o2 are treating their current customers on contract, with it looking like you folks are second best behind people seeking a new contract.

22. Prometheus2000 macrumors member

It's such a pain you can't upgrade from you old iPhone in an Apple Store, I went there on Saturday and they had still stock left (Meadowhall). And even me and the Apple Retail guys combined convincing power could not battle against the O2 people in the store across :), well it's not the fault of the o2 people, they just follow their orders... by the way, there were some pretty girls staffing the two O2 shops in the Meadowhall, gave me free muffins and water! :)

And since O2 seems not to sell the white iPhone widely, it looks like its impossible to get it as upgrade, a viscous circle!... anyway, will phone Sheffield stores till they have a white phone :)

23. dmchapman macrumors newbie

Any idea what stock levels are like in the stores? As far as I can remember (page isn't visable anymore) that page only shows that the store has stock - could be 1, could 100...

Bascially, I've got a pac ready and I have a morning off on fri - any point at all me going to bluewater (I'd be able to arrive around opening at 10)? I can't get there any earlier as I have to wait till I've taken the kids to school so queuing from sillyoclock is out...

I'm after a black 16 which seems to be the hardest to get as well :-(

24. sibruk macrumors 6502a

I agree, it's ridiculous that you can't upgrade in an Apple Store. I went into the one in Southampton West Quay on Saturday (they had loads in stock of all 3 models) and I spoke to a member of staff in there and began venting a bit of my frustration (in a friendly way ;) ). He whipped out his old iPhone and said "I'm in the same predicament, there's nothing I can do about it and I'm employed by Apple!".

This situation has surely got to change. Who in Apple thought "let's not allow customers to upgrade"?!

Also interesting to note how Apple has been looking after themselves with stock levels.

25. tobywuk thread starter macrumors member

lets keep it on topic guys with news of UK stock