Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b44ku

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2019
Hello, I’m about to buy an Iphone X after back glass repair by some random service, the issue is that the phone cant connect to wifi and loses it’s signal all the time, sounds like antenna is broken, so the repair will be pretty easy.

Is there any risk that there’s an issue with the motherboard or something worse and it will be impossible to repair?

It’s so cheap that I may be able to get my money back just from the parts. Overall condition is good, everything else works, even the wireless charging.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
He said that he got it back like that from the guy who was replacing the glass.
Considering replacing the rear glass properly involves completely disassembling the phone, I’d say there could be many other issues down the road... I wouldn’t buy it even if it’s dirt cheap

Reactions: maerz001

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
He said that he got it back like that from the guy who was replacing the glass.
So it could be anything. From a scratched and broken motherboard, broken antenna socket or cable. Or just not assembled properly. You never know.
Stay away from this thing unless he gives it to you for free to try

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello, I’m about to buy an Iphone X after back glass repair by some random service, the issue is that the phone cant connect to wifi and loses it’s signal all the time, sounds like antenna is broken, so the repair will be pretty easy.

Is there any risk that there’s an issue with the motherboard or something worse and it will be impossible to repair?

It’s so cheap that I may be able to get my money back just from the parts. Overall condition is good, everything else works, even the wireless charging.

Genuinely curious, do you have any experience repairing the iPhone X ? I would suggest you research to see the level of difficulty with these phones, they’re much more difficult than the previous model iPhones, and even iFixit has mentioned that it’s very difficult due to the internals and adhesive used. Also, keep in mind, you will have to re-seal it properly to retain the water resistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.