iPhone X pre order people: what's your Plan B?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geert76, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Geert76, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017

Geert76 macrumors 68000

pre orders on the 27th could be a true ''Games of Phones'' chaos.

Imagine you get your shipping time from Apple shortly after pre ordering your iPhone X, with an estimate somewhere near January/February 2018, are you gonna sit out the waiting or do you have a Plan B ready?

Myself, I can't imagine I am gonna wait till January/February next year and probally stick with my iPhone 7 or look at alternatives like the LG V30 ;)

2. zhandri, Oct 10, 2017

zhandri Suspended

Everything before xmas is fine with me. If it's later than that i'll go note 8 or pixel 2 xl. I don't really understand the x haters and 8 buyers talking crap "YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT 5 MONTHS TO GET IT".
    I can guarantee you that nobody that orders on the 27th is going to wait for 5 months. There is 0 chance that's gonna happen. If apple is not able to mass produce the phone, they wouldn't have released it. Period.

3. Relentless Power, Oct 10, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

To me, if somebody pre-orders the iPhone X and perhaps not immediately, and They don't receive it until February or later, I find that to be a failed launch. Apple knows how the demand will be , but having adequate supply to fill the demand will be the question.

4. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 68000

I think people ordering at the 27th during the pre orders will probally be get shipping times less then about 4 weeks.
    But I almost 100% sure if you think you can order the iPhone X any day after the 27th there's a big chance you can see shipping times anywhere near February 2018.

So there's just one, and only one option to get your iPhone X ''fast'', and thats at the start of the pre orders. There will be no other possible way to get one (yeah, pay extra via Ebay ofcourse ;) )
    At macrumors know we have to act really really fast, but there are millions of people who think ''well, lets wait out a few days and see the iPhone X first in an Apple Store and then order one at the Apple website'', and then think they will get their iPhone X before Christmas/January (and maybe even February), that chance is nearly zero.
    But again, thats just my 2cts ;)

5. ulinerg macrumors regular

ulinerg

I will try to order on the 27th and if it takes more than 4 weeks I will cancel and stick with my 7+ until the iPhone x is avaliable in my local Apple Store.

That was the plan for my 7+. I had an order on the books at Apple and I used iStockNow to monitor the availability of the phones at the Apple Store. When one showed up I booked a reservation and drove down and picked it up. Got my 7+ on Sept 23/16. Not too shabby.

That is my plan "B"

6. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 68000

I think stock at the Apple Stores will sell out in seconds/minutes once they arrive at the Stores.
    Really curious how the stock in the Apple Stores will be the first few months

7. Radon87000 macrumors 604

Most likely not getting it as I found it’s just slightly bigger than a 5 inch Pixel 2. Although I could be tempted...

8. JohnApples macrumors 65816

As other have already stated, I find it really hard to believe that “most people will get it sometime in 2018”, especially if we order on the 27th.

If my ETA is any time in 2017, I’m fine. If I somehow get a January/February date, I’ll just cancel and try again around that time. If I get something *really* ridiculous like a March or April date (I seriously can’t see his happening for anyone) then I’ll just go for an 8+ and call it a day.

9. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

If I don’t get an early to mid-November delivery date, then I will just get an 8+ and get the X 2018 version. I’m currently using a 5S and I don’t know how much longer I can stand to use it.

10. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I bought a Samsung S8 a month ago to play with as a second phone. Now I'm trying it out as my primary phone and putting away my iPhone 7 and Apple watch to see how it'll work out. I am still intending to order an iPhone X on launch date. But if that won't get me a new phone soon, maybe by that time I'd have grown accustomed to my S8 that I don't care about iPhones anymore.

11. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 68000

I had the S8 for a few months, designwise best phone up to now (including the iPhone X).
    I just missed the smoothness of iOS, so started using my iPhone 7 again and sold the S8.

12. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Plan B is right under my nose; get used to the 7+ for another year, well...11 mths actually

13. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

I’ve always gotten a phone on release weekend. If I don’t get one this year it’s no big deal because I’m not very excited about it and the notch is disappointing.

14. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

If I'm not one of the lucky ones to get it right away, I will have to get a 7+ or 8+, as my 6s+ is limping along. I may not even be able to wait til launch. But I only want the X, I need faceID, I like the smaller form factor but bigger screen. I've never ordered at launch so I hope I have beginners luck lol. I need this phone asap.

15. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Pixel2
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2017 ---
    Maybe only 6months. If they push out an extra large X+ middle of next year along with a refreshed SE.

16. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 68000

a refreshed SE with an oled screen without any bezels; that would be my dream come true- phone! :)

17. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

I’m going to place my pre-order on 27th by using the Apple store app and Apple Pay, after that I will see what date I get and wait for it to arrive, there’s no mad rush really, yes it will only be 11 months until the next iPhone but that’s not an issue, if I want the next one I would get it anyway.

18. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

19. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

Already have my plan B. iPhone 8 plus silver 64gb. Bought it with the intention of using it until I can get an X. Had the s8 plus. Couldn’t stand it anymore so I got this to get me by. When I can finally get the X I’ll either sell the 8 plus or keep it as back up. If I can’t get ahold of the X until February I’ll probably just keep using the 8 plus and wait until next year and get the rumored X plus if the rumors are true.

20. Mackneezie macrumors regular

Mackneezie

If I pre-order one at the wee hours of the morning and my ship date is later than Nov. 3rd I will be going to the store and waiting in line. My store isn't usually crazy busy on launch days (I've been there the last 3). So hopefully I'll be able to snag one there like in the past. Hope for the best!

21. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

As stated in other threads, I'm placing my preorder as soon as it opens (setting my alarm clock for 2:45 a.m.). If my delivery date gets pushed out past January 31, 2018, I am definitely canceling and will probably keep my 6s Plus until September 2018. I may even consider canceling if the delivery date is past 2017, but that remains to be seen.

22. Damstr macrumors 6502

Probably just wait. I don't foresee my X preorder being delivered past mid Dec although it's definitely possible.

23. Zigourney macrumors regular

I'm with you on this one...I'm pre ordering too, if the delivery date is any later than x-mas, then I will leave the pre order in place, and at the same time try to buy one from the Apple store by x-mas. Failing that I will cancel on the X and just buy the iphone 8 plus and wait it out for the Xplus or Xs model in 2018.

I've had enough of waiting and waiting, I skipped the 6 and 7 as they didn't excite me at all, I'm still on the iphone 5s and cant anymore. Feel like pulling the trigger on the 8+ right now but will wait some more seeing as though I've waited this f***** long!

24. Geert76 thread starter macrumors 68000

wow, that's one big nice upgrade there...from your iPhone 5S to the iPhone X :)

25. Zigourney macrumors regular

I know...when I was watching the apple event back in September, I was on the edge of my seat for the release date, something inside me knew it would be a delayed release and then they finally unveiled the release date for November, I shouted "bas-terds" and couldn't stop cursing because I just wanted a freaking new phone like right now.

Sorry for the bad language, I get so worked up, I just want the X so badly :(