Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Pre-order supplies of the new iPhone X are now largely sold out, with the new iPhone models displaying shipping estimates well beyond the November 3 launch date. All models from all carriers at the moment list shipping estimates of five to six weeks in the United States, although some Sprint models can still be ordered for November 3 in-store pickup depending on the store. Other countries have similarly delayed shipping estimates.

iphone_x_5_6.jpg

Ahead of iPhone X pre-orders, rumors suggested supplies would be heavily constrained due to ongoing production issues with everything from the TrueDepth camera module to the flexible printed circuit board for the device's antenna.

With pre-order supplies of the iPhone X exhausted, some customers could be waiting for months to get their hands on one of Apple's new devices. KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple will not reach supply/demand balance for the iPhone X until well into the new year.

Apple began accepting pre-orders for the iPhone X at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, October 27, and it took just minutes for shipping estimates to start slipping. Shipping times are likely to get longer over the course of the next few hours as pre-orders continue to trickle in.

Customers who are hoping to get an iPhone X on launch day but weren't able to get a pre-order in early enough can try their luck waiting in line for a new device on launch day, Friday November 3.

Customers who were able to place an early iPhone X pre-order will begin receiving their devices starting next week.

Article Link: iPhone X Pre-Orders Sell Out as Shipping Estimates Slip to 5-6 Weeks [Updated]

goobot

macrumors 604
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
So I got an error fail message on the apple app and it said it reserved me a phone to try again later. Same thing happened last year with the 7 and later that day I was able to finish the order and got the 7 on launch. Regardless I left att open just in case and managed to get one anyway.

Attachments

• pre-order.png
    pre-order.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 1,775

asdavis10

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Bermuda
Was on my Mac hitting refresh in Safari and on my iPhone and iPad opening an closing the Apple Store app. The iPad got in right at 4:01am my time and was able to get Nov 3rd delivery. The others didn't get in until a couple minutes later. Have a second X delivering on Nov 10.

Getafe

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2011
Lynchburg, VA
I think 4 to 5 weeks after an hour is very good, was expecting much worse. I managed to get on Apple's website a minute after the preorder time and have got a November 3rd receive date. Either there was more stock than rumored or the iPhone X wasn't as popular as expected. I put my money on the first option. All this fear and it looks like there really was enough time to get one if you really wanted one release day.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
"Customers who are hoping to get an iPhone X on launch day but weren't able to get a pre-order in early enough can try their luck waiting in line for a new device on launch day, Friday November 3."

Correction. You will NOT get one if you wait in line on November 3.
It will be old school style of waiting in line for almost a week ahead!

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Well so much for the pre approval process although fast it took me 12-15 minutes before I could even get in with the apple app on my phone. Once completed my space gray 256 GB was always 2-3 weeks at November 17-24 At least it is not months but had hoped this process would snag me a phone like I got my 7 Plus on opening day oh well such is life. I am starting to get too old to stand in lines for hit movies and maybe same for smartphones. I am not sure if next year the IUP I am on is worth continuing or not we will see what the "11" looks like

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Vodafone website in the UK opened right on time at 08:01 and I placed a preorder for the Silver 256GB which has now been confirmed for delivery on 3rd November.

Apple Store was still down when I finished the pre-order process with the carrier. Then when the Apple Store app finally opened, delivery times had already slipped to 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: superblockio

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I’m in the 2-3 week window. I actually had an 11/3 pickup but Verizon said my phone number was not valid for buying a phone. :rolleyes: I ordered from my AT&T account and it had slipped to 2-3 weeks. Still not too bad. Apple often overestimates the shipping time so hopefully it arrives by the 10th.

Reactions: richhh

izyreal

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
USA
I got a "reservation number." I have no idea of that means I'll get a phone early or not.

Does anyone know how Apple's reservation system works?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.