Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Around the corner from the 7/11
You're absolutely right lol. I ordered a 64 on Sprint on launch day, and the delivery date says 10/30/2017 lol. 4 days early it appears.
Darn it... and I had to go and splurge for a 256, so now I have to wait all the way until November 3rd! What was I thinking? Lol!

(I am, however, going to receive the new case that I ordered alongside it, on Tuesday... woo-hoo!)

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
I had this same issue. Super strange. My card info was updated weeks ago (prior to the 8 launch) and oddly my Apple ID reverted to a card number I haven't used since this spring. Luckily, I noticed it as I was ordering and quickly updated the correct information on my order in time to still get a Nov. 3 delivery date.
Yeah, everything is fine. I actually was wrong about the old card thing: apparently Apple Pay uses the so-called device account number, hence it did not match my card number. The billing address was old though, but I learned that Apple Pay stores every single billing address that you have ever had unless you remove them manually. I have contacted Apple to update the billing address, I was told that I'd get a confirmation email. I have never received the email, the info is still the same in the order summary. Luckily, my bank did not block the transaction. I already have the charge on my card and the phone is being prepared for shipment and a Nov 3rd delivery:)

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
there was absolutely no way for Verizon prepaid customers to buy the iPhone X on preorder, despite all Verizon reps saying it would be no problem. Needless to say, I didn't get mine.

I got burned by that too. Not able to order online. A rep said I could order using telesales, but then telesales told me I couldn't order until November 3rd. We'll see if that's true or not -- but even if it is, I'm sure the delivery date will sometime into 2018.

I don't mind. Just wish I hadn't woken up at 3am to try to order.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Anyones show leaving China yet? Mine shows arrived to UPS in China yesterday the 29th but it has not has another scan since to show it has left. Anyone else?

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Anyones show leaving China yet? Mine shows arrived to UPS in China yesterday the 29th but it has not has another scan since to show it has left. Anyone else?
Mine still says "Preparing to Ship" -- but it also still says I have a delivery date of November 3rd. At this point, I'm not as worried about that as I was at first; I'm thinking that since there are multiple Apple Retail Stores within easy driving distance of my home, there's a very high probability that my own shipment will ride on a truck right alongside the inventory for those stores, and thus, arrive exactly on time.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Mine still says "Preparing to Ship" -- but it also still says I have a delivery date of November 3rd. At this point, I'm not as worried about that as I was at first; I'm thinking that since there are multiple Apple Retail Stores within easy driving distance of my home, there's a very high probability that my own shipment will ride on a truck right alongside the inventory for those stores, and thus, arrive exactly on time.

On Apple Site it will still say preparing for shipment, but on the UPS site you can see it if you have a MYCHOICE account

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
On Apple Site it will still say preparing for shipment, but on the UPS site you can see it if you have a MYCHOICE account
I gave that a try... UPS says that there are no deliveries scheduled for my address. (I still think it’s in a shipping crate heading to a local Apple distribution point, and doesn’t technically have a UPS status, yet.)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I gave that a try... UPS says that there are no deliveries scheduled for my address. (I still think it’s in a shipping crate heading to a local Apple distribution point, and doesn’t technically have a UPS status, yet.)
The status on Apple might not change until Thursday. Don’t worry. You’ll get it on Friday if Apple says you will.

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
What do you use for the room lights?

I’ve been holding out for the Apple solution.

Ha! Same thing happened to me during the preorders in September. Luckily, I was only ordering the Apple TV so I was able to still get it on launch day.

This time I went to bed and set my alarm along with programming my room lights to come on full blast at 2:30AM.

I don't trust myself to stay awake until 3AM anymore!

bxs

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2007
Seattle, WA
Pre-ordered the X for wife and me via AT&T at around 2pm on Friday Oct 27. Estimated delivery is Nov 27th. Good enough for me.

GGC20107

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
I just got a conformation they are shipping my IPhone X it’s from T Mobile hope to get it tomorrow. Early shipping it said overnight.

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
I just got a conformation they are shipping my IPhone X it’s from T Mobile hope to get it tomorrow. Early shipping it said overnight.
Unless you're a reporter who was promised an early look at the iPhone X, I wouldn't get too excited at the prospect of receiving it a day early. To quote KPOM, responding to one of my own previous posts: "... You’ll get it on Friday if Apple says you will." (Emphasis mine.)

That said... Apple did send me my iPhone X case early, which I find vaguely amusing. (It's in my pocket now, so I can show it off to my office-mates.) I've compared it to my current iPhone 6, and to the Lifeproof case that usually houses it. While it is quite clear that the X itself will be a bit larger than my 6, the exterior sizes of these two cases are virtually identical. So I expect I'll have no difficulty at all with the size change! (Of course, your own experience may vary, depending upon the size of your current device and case.)

Last edited:

GGC20107

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my confirmation my IPhone X will arrive tomorrow November 3 it in transit. Looking forward to learning all the new features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.