iPhone X iPhone X: which color/storage are you buying? [MERGED]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VSMacOne, Sep 13, 2017.

?

iPhone X: which color/storage combo?

1. X Silver 64GB

464 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. X Silver 256GB

728 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. X Space Gray 64GB

428 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. X Space Gray 256GB

744 vote(s)
    31.5%
  1. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Congrats on the wedding! I went with 64GB.

2. jetlagged macrumors 6502

Really surprise more than double the people in this poll bought the 256 version.

I went ahead and got the SG 64gb because I plan to resell it next year. We all know as amazing the iPhone X is, it is a first generation design and if I plan to upgrade from beta to alpha version of the iPhone X next year, 64 is a better option to resell.

But at this time 64 gb is enough space for me. Hell I have 30 go of space left on my iPhone se 64

3. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

What's the point of buying the silver version and using a case?

4. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

To protect it and keep its resale value on point?

5. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

And the silver back you can’t see?

6. the future macrumors 65816

There is nothing „beta“ about the X. Polished in all possible ways.

7. drew05 macrumors regular

Depending on the case, you can see the band still. I use the Apple leather case and the silver band being visible on the bottom was the reason why I went with silver over space grey.

8. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I went with the space gray, and my wife got the silver. As time goes on I’m finding myself more and more jealous of how nice the white glass and silver stainless looks. I wish I would have gotten white lol

9. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Silver is indeed a stunning magnificent color. I am so proud showing off the gorgeous eye catching color iPhone to everyone who is passing by me. Hence, I do not cover this superb silver color with a case covering the color with other color. I am using a clear case to expose the attention getter silver.
    I always put it in my shirt pocket.

Space gray is a regular black phone color and it is not a special color. It is so common.

10. germaocruz macrumors member

germaocruz

11. Flaxh macrumors member

Flaxh

Hey everyone! A friend of mine is getting the X and he asked if I knew which of the colors is more scratch resistant. Any feedback from you?

He'll probably use it with a Peel case.

12. snufflebiter macrumors newbie

snufflebiter

Same question. Which one is more scratch resisitant or less showy.

13. Dave Meadows macrumors 68030

Dave Meadows

Space gray here. No scratches whatsoever. Have numerous cases, always switching them. No case at weekends. No scratches.

14. BradCN macrumors member

BradCN

that's What I keep thinking every time since the 6 was launched, but didn't manage to stop myself upgrading every year. I didn't get married yet tho :p

15. kindaichi81 macrumors member

From the poll result, it tells that the resell market and value for 256gb will certainly be a lot better than 64gb also.

16. jetlagged macrumors 6502

My friend sold 2 64 gb iPhone X and a 256 gb iPhone X with hardly any difference in profit between the Two. Even eBay prices at the time when scalpers were reselling was the same between the two sizes. Buying a 256 gb doesn’t equal higher profit or resell value.

17. tmt macrumors member

tmt

Got the silver 64 GB version, that should be enough for me.
    On the other hand with great 4K video maybe I´ll run out of space.
    Time will tell, but it sure is nice :D

Oh yeah, :apple: leather case keeps it safe.

18. crazynewf7 macrumors newbie

crazynewf7

Hey Everyone, happy to finally join the iPhone X club.

I got the Space Grey 256GB yesterday and the saddle brown leather case which I think looks great. Coming from the iPhone 7 (regular size) it seems like a big upgrade so far. Go big or go home right ha ha

19. scarab0 macrumors member

So I figured space is important as well but then thought about it again and again.

I am using either Spotify or Apple Music, Netflix, Dropbox, pCloud and iCloud. So I checked my actual storage information of the 6s and I actually just use roughly 10GB of the 128GB if I exclude the Music. Most of the 10GB is filled with Photos, half of them are randomly taken and could be deleted. That will free even more space!

I am really wondering with what kind of stuff most people fill their iPhones? The more I think about the future of data-storage, the more we will be clouding it, right? If that’s true, then 64GB is more than enough.

20. Thalyn macrumors newbie

I got the 64GB Space Grey because after thinking about it, I don't really need the 256GB at this point in time. I use Spotify for music and Dropbox/Google Photos.

The hard part was debating between the Silver and the SG. I ultimately went with the SG. I like both and sometimes regret not getting the Silver one, but I threw an Apple Leather case on mine anyway.

21. blaugrana69 macrumors regular

Been through four, settled on Silver 256GB. Usually have space grey / black iphones but I do think that the Silver “has it” this time. Went 256GB as, ultimately, I’m aiming to keep this phone at least two years.

22. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Like most of us regular folks after the keynote, I couldn’t see the color options in person before ordering so I went with the SG 256. Once I received it I kept it unopened but when I finally had a chance to see them at an Apple store I returned it. When I showed up to the store to make the return and pulled it out at the end of launch week you’d have thought I pulled a gold brick as a couple random people in the store asked to re-purchase my returned iPhone immediately.

Once I finally decided, I was able to get a silver 256 without much problem since as we all know the supply shortages were all overblown. I have so many apps, videos, photos and music that I’m already at 65.8 GB with plans to get more. Since I’m on planes a lot, local storage of content is the way to go for me.

23. kindaichi81 macrumors member

resell market makes a difference, 256gb will be easier to sell given the demand obviously.

24. Bodie CI5 macrumors regular

Bodie CI5

Last week bought Silver 64GB. My brother talked me into buying the silver rather than the SG version. I can say I am exceedingly happy with his persuasion skills :)

25. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Anyone who buy an X recently in the last week or so know which. iOS version it is shipping with? Is it 11.1 or 11.2?

Thanks