iPhone X iPhone X: which color/storage are you buying? [MERGED]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VSMacOne, Sep 13, 2017.

?

iPhone X: which color/storage combo?

1. X Silver 64GB

469 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. X Silver 256GB

733 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. X Space Gray 64GB

438 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. X Space Gray 256GB

751 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I got the 256 SG. Its more subtle and not as flashy as the Silver.

2. aevan, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017

aevan macrumors 68020

aevan

When I look at my friends SG X I think “damn, that’s the prettier one”. Then I look at my Silver and I think “No, Silver is prettier”. Reason? They both look really good. Different, but equally beautiful.

Pick either one and don’t think about it. Or flip a coin.

With that said, here are a few observations that may help:

- When the screen is off, watched from a slight distance, the Silver looks like a SG iPhone 6/6S and the SG looks like a black 7/8. If you owned one of those previously, and want a change - keep that in mind. My only gripe with the Silver is that in certain environments, when it’s sleeping - it looks like my SG 6S. Never had the 7 black so that look feels newer.
    - However, and this is why I really like the Silver, it comes alive in different environments more than the SG X. If there are colorful things around it, that frame will be more beautiful with all the reflections. And at night, the street lights and neon signs will make it look just stunning.
    - The back of the SG is not black like on most photos, it’s gray. Not sure how I feel about it, but for me, it’s all about the frame color, since I rarely see the back of the phone. The Silver one does give the impression of thinner bezels. The SG, on the other hand, hides antenna lines better.
    - Most people in my office chose the SG. I think many of them just choose the most black option by default. They do admit the Silver looks great, when they see it in person. I’ve noticed that a lot of my male friends go with “black” without thinking about it, and most of my female friends go with “white”. There are exceptions, of course. As someone who owned both variants of iPhones, I never understood this, and I hope this is not a deciding factor for anyone. Just an observation.
    - When you get yours, after a while, you’ll get used to its look and the other color may start to look more attractive, when you see it. Happened to me several times with previous iPhones, both SG and Silver/White. This doesn’t mean you chose wrong and I suggest you don’t think about it :)

In the end, the best color is the one you got. As I mentioned, after thinking about it and going back and forth, I chose the Silver one and it looks really great. So does the Space Gray. In my opinion, alongside iPhone 4, these are the best looking iPhones ever made. Enjoy!

3. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Above comment is very well written, fair, excellent and wise comment I have ever read in this thread. Thank you for sharing your wonderful thought to us here.

4. Playmbl macrumors newbie

Playmbl

In the same way, thank you for sharing your good thoughts about other people's opinions. It's nice to read comments bringing attention to the positive aspects, instead of the other way round.

5. victoriani macrumors member

Went into the Apple Regent Street store in London yesterday and purchased 64GB SG. I’m coming from an iPhone 7 32GB Matte Black.

I love it. It’s so beautiful and an accumulation of all of the iPhone designs over the years. Have put it in a Cosmo Blue Apple leather case.

6. PowerGala macrumors regular

PowerGala

I have the Silver 64GB version in a clear case. I like it.

7. Keniutek macrumors 6502

Keniutek

Same... but ordered the Midnight Blue case. That color is better :p

8. victoriani macrumors member

Each to their own. I have had midnight blue before with the iPhone 6 and wanted a change. I have been using the black leather case for the 7. The Cosmo blue case caught my eye compared to the midnight blue. ;)

9. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

I picked Cosmos Blue because I want it to be blue, not black - after time.

10. newellj macrumors 603

Quoting this just because it's such a nice read, whatever phone you are buying (or not buy-in). Thumbs up on this one.

11. Keniutek macrumors 6502

Keniutek

It realy gets that much darker? Always rocked the black ones (and a red for few months).

12. Raist3001 macrumors 6502a

Raist3001

13. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

I started with the SG, but I returned it and got the Silver. Both look great, but I find that I prefer how the silver shows itself. I put the phone face down a fair amount now because I love how the silver back looks. For some reason, the coated stainless band on the SG feels better in my hand than the stainless, but overall, the look of the silver won out.

14. Scott G. macrumors member

So, just wanted to say that I ended up going back to the SG. Couldn't get over how easily the SS scratched on the Silver X.

15. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Today I bought a Silver 256 GB that's going under the Christmas tree. Already have a ThanoTech K11 bumper for it.

16. codeablemag macrumors newbie

codeablemag

I'm looking forward to buy 64gb as 256 is not useful for me.

17. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

So happy I picked up the Space grey 64GB from AT&T today. This thing is savage in a good way!

Now I’m trying to figure out how to send an Animoji it’s a brave new world

18. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

It’s the business.

19. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

20. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

X Silver 256

I like the bright stainless steel border on this one, go figure lol

21. Banich2 macrumors regular

I can agree to that. It gets so dark, you can only really tell that it's a shade of blue overall in certain light. Fresh scratches and dents and dings look more blue

22. mirz2000 macrumors regular

Just picked up the Silver 256 GB yesterday! Color wasn’t that important to me since I always use a case, so if no silver ones were available I would have been fine with Space Gray. :)

23. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I got the 64GB SG. I had been using a 128GB phone, and even with 20GB of music on it (more than I ever needed, let's be real) I never even went over 50GB of usage. So I figured why spend the extra $200 on storage I won't use?

24. Booch21 macrumors regular

Booch21

I just walked out with a 256GB Silver X last evening. My daughter replaced her 6 with an 8. Also got the InvisibleShield Glass+ and an OtterBox Defender case. So far so good! Took a few minutes to learn the new gestures. Everything seems to be running fine, love the sharp colors and great response to Face ID with and without my glasses. I'm absolutely pleased as punch in the "less than 24 hour" period.

25. Damoh macrumors member

Bought the black one with 256GB - I'm planning to use the X for a longer period because I'm getting married next year so more space is always nice.