Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Keep up with the colour options. Always been a fun little side of Apple having interesting and unique colour options for their devices.

Finally, someone with an open mind set. Yes, colors are meant to be personable for each user that finds an attraction to it, adding new colors draws a broader audience, some don’t grasp this concept, and having more colors, creates more options, and options are a good thing.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Finally, someone with an open mind set. Yes, colors are meant to be personable for each user that finds an attraction to it, adding new colors draws a broader audience, some don’t grasp this concept, and having more colors, creates more options, and options are a good thing.

I think you'll find most of the opposition to having colour choices on these boards are just underhanded jabs at Tim Cook for.. reasons.

Anyone on these boards probably knows I don't think he's a great CEO. But attacking him over colour choices is just low. We know why they're doing it, and its stinks

Anyone speaking ill on colour choices ignores the realtiy that

Apple has a long history of colour choices.
Mr Cook is not likely seriously involved in the colour choice, other than likely a final approval over "yes or NO' for specific colours (and probably based more on costs, than colours themselves)

Bring on more colours. Bring on the whole rainbow.

I'll still by black phones myself, cause that MY thing, but, I love seeing all the colourful devices in the wild

Niko Todd

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2018
Get rid of the yellow and coral. Black and RED are the best imo.
Make the phone thicker - to cover up the new bump, and to also house a bigger battery.
Put the camera settings in the camera app FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Warlock

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2016
Nobody opposes Apple introducing new colours; in fact, I'd say most people here do appreciate that. The problem is that it seems Apple wants customers to believe a few more colours equate to some awesome new feature or something, or at least a viable substitute to what customers actually want: i.e., lower price, removal of fugly notch and ludicrous 'nipple' on back of device, et al.

And I'm almost certain choosing these colours took Ives' team months on end if the length of time it took them to 'design' that rainbow stage nonsense is anything to go by! Time that could have been better spent coming up with an actual new phone design instead of the same old bar of soap they've released year-in, year-out now.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Nobody opposes Apple introducing new colours; in fact, I'd say most people here do appreciate that.

Perhaps you misunderstood my post to that member, I never alluded ‘no one wants to see new colors’, I alluded that others are dismissing new colors that Apple does introduce that they don’t prefer, when not every colored iPhone has to be specific to everyone, and it’s the main attraction to any smart phone initially for someone before they choose the storage. Again, variety is a good thing, adding and removing colors creates diversity to refresh the iPhone line up on an annual basis.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
Blue, the most popular colour... Leave it to Apple to **** it up!

Though I will say I like the green and purple

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marekul

Adam Warlock

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2016
Perhaps you misunderstood my post to that member, I never alluded ‘no one wants to see new colors’, I alluded that others are dismissing new colors that Apple does introduce that they don’t prefer, when not every colored iPhone has to be specific to everyone, and it’s the main attraction to any smart phone initially for someone before they choose the storage. Again, variety is a good thing, adding and removing colors creates diversity to refresh the iPhone line up on an annual basis.
Ach! My apologies! It seems I did misunderstand. :oops: I agree: greater variety adds spice to life!

Reactions: orbital~debris

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Blue and red are the nicest colours they have, besides the black and white.
Yellow and coral I don't like them
don't why see they would get rid of the blue.
I love green but it has to be the right green, the same goes for lavender

Reactions: orbital~debris

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Gimme some 5th Gen iPod Nano color vibrancy. Excluding the red, the current colors are too muted imo.
apple-ipod-nano-5g.jpg

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
I just don't get all the color schemes. If you value your iDevice, the first thing you do after unwrapping it is put a shatter-proof case on it, thereby hiding all that glorious "color" (and hopefully the Apple logo on the back, too). Unless, of course,you get your jollies with scratches and cracked screens.
I've used iPhones for over 10 years, I only ever had trouble with the iPhone 6 (whose screen I had replace once due to it getting shattered in an accidental drop). No other repairs ever needed, and I never used a case. Buying five cases might have easily cost me more than it cost me to replace the screen once.

So, no, you don't have buy a case if you value your iOS device. You just have to treat it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
I don’t know why the colour scheme of the XR causes controversy. I have a black XR in a silicon case and it’s basically just a screen. If you always got a white iPhone, the silver version is a great option. Choice is good (as long as apple keeps on making black and silver / white iPhones).

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I just don't get all the color schemes. If you value your iDevice, the first thing you do after unwrapping it is put a shatter-proof case on it, thereby hiding all that glorious "color" (and hopefully the Apple logo on the back, too). Unless, of course,you get your jollies with scratches and cracked screens.

I value my devices and use them without cases, and I’m far from alone.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I care about colours about as much as the ability to put stickers on my phone. Which is to say hardly at all. Reminds me of the “Office Space” movie scene about flair: “You do want to express yourself, don’t you”?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
AVOCADO GREEN! That is what the people want. Naysayers to have their heads lopped off at the guillotines!
The ONLY way I would approve of this is if the blade was cleaned and sterilized between loppings. Hate for someone to get some sort of infection

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Moderator Note:

Quite a few comments discussing iPhone camera quality were removed as off-topic. If you would like to discuss that topic, please start a new thread or use an existing, relevant thread. Thank you.

Reactions: Analog Kid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.