iPhone XR Successor Could Replace Coral and Blue Options With Green and Lavender

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 10, 2019.

1. Ballis macrumors 6502a

Its their best selling phone so why on earth would they keep making it?

2. Zenithal macrumors G3

Wipe down and wipe with chlorhexidine or betadine. Faster and cheaper.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Excellent! With that, I am all for moving forward with avocado green and let the loppings begin

4. ph001bi macrumors regular

Any info on the XS range? The XS added gold, what will the XI bring?

5. d5aqoëp macrumors 65816

d5aqoëp

The new colors will raise the price by $100 unfortunately. But it will be matketed as “affordable midranger”.

6. PickUrPoison Suspended

This article is about updated colors for the 11R, not feature upgrades.

There have been some rumors on what new features will be available on the 11R, including dual rear cameras, 12 MP front camera, reverse charging, larger battery, WiFi 6 (802.11ax), 4x4 MIMO, 4GB RAM and an in-box 18W USB-C charger. And of course, an A13 SoC.

More rumors should be forthcoming as volume manufacturing gets underway in June or July.

7. MikaelThib macrumors member

MikaelThib

Hey that's exactly my situation! I have had all the iPhones, never had case, dropped them several times each, all fine, except the 6 that once shattered. #TeamNoCase

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If there is a color addition to the ‘iPhone 11’, usually it’s a more neutral color, like Apple added Gold last year, I suspect they’ll add likely Just one color this year, but that also comes with the notion that they ‘remove a color by adding a color’, they tend to do that at times with various/limited colors (I.e Rose Gold, Jet Black, Matte Black, ect.)

9. dampfnudel macrumors 68040

Since there’s not much else than the extra camera lens to differentiate this year’s iPhone 11/11 Max, more colors would make sense and would probably be a big factor in people’s decision to purchase one.

10. pika2000 macrumors 603

Would love a green one. It’s been a while since we see a green iDevice. However, not too sure with lavender. I’d rather Apple used orange instead of lavender,

11. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

I don’t care a bit about what colors they choose I just wish they’d make something physically smaller than everything they currently sell.

12. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

I see XR devices all over the city now. I was surprised at the amount of yellow and white ones I see. I figured red would be the most popular color.

13. Populus macrumors 6502a

Populus

I would love a green one as well, but not just any type of green, but some shade of teal. A lighter teal color. I don’t know how to describe it better, but it would be awesome. Sadly the 11R will be, again, too big for me. I wish the 11R has a smaller footprint. A smaller overall design. It would be an insta-buy.

By the way, we had a sneak peak of this colors with the last XR advertising in December.

14. JRobinsonJr macrumors 6502a

Finally... I get to use this phrase: "How courageous!"

OK, it's just a freakin color. Most everyone I know puts it in a case anyway, so the color doesn't actually matter.

15. manu chao, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019

manu chao macrumors 603

The rounded shape of the edge and the aluminum made the 6 the most slippery of them all, I would say. The steel frame of the X by comparison practically sticks to the skin of my hand (as long as it is not too cold). #TeamNoCase

16. AceFernalld macrumors 68000

AceFernalld

Don't know why everyone is *****ing about this. Colors and choices are cool. Hope they are added to the lineup rather than replacing Blue, and Coral which is personally my favorite color of the existing lineup.

17. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

:rolleyes: It’s called a CLEAR case. ;)

18. mudflap macrumors 6502

mudflap

I personally don't see the point. The XR costs $800 so I'm putting a case on it, anyway. Sure it's just a thin Totallee but it's already saved it from two drops since the XR was released.

19. Romeo_Nightfall macrumors 6502a

Romeo_Nightfall

It is, my friend, we call it skins
    They are available in almost all colors, an save your back from harm too

20. Glideslope macrumors 603

Glideslope

21. iSayuSay macrumors 68040

iSayuSay

[​IMG]
    Naahh.. I want these colors making a comeback for the new XR!!

Considering the back is coated glass, I assume Apple could play with more bold colors

22. Phoenix1000 macrumors member

Phoenix1000

Regardless which color, it doesn't make the awful overall phone design any better

23. wigby macrumors 68000

This is not really news. Apple announced these new colors in their XR ad months ago...
    [​IMG]

24. azentropy macrumors 68020

azentropy

The color of my car and my house matters to me, but my phone? Not so much. I keep my phones in a $10 TPU case and if I really want a change then I just change the color of the case or put a sticker on it!

25. iReality85 macrumors 6502a

I’d like it if Apple offered colors for the regular and Max models. Black, white, and rose gold are boring.