iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Orders Now Shipping After Erroneous 'Shipment on Hold' Status

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 orders are now shipping to customers around the world, with the first deliveries set to arrive at doorsteps tomorrow, Friday, September 21.

[​IMG]

There were concerns earlier today after some customers noticed their iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max order had been updated with a "Shipment on Hold" status, indicating that "there is an issue with your delivery." MacRumors has been informed this was in error. Apple has since corrected order statuses.

These customers who saw a "Shipment on Hold" status are now seeing a "shipped" status indicating "your item is on the way," with initial shipments scheduled to arrive starting this Friday as expected.

[​IMG]

As of writing, it's around 3:00 a.m. in New Zealand, where lucky customers will be among the first to receive their orders in just hours from now. iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 will also be available to purchase at Apple Stores and select resellers around the world beginning Friday.

Those planning to line up for the chance to buy one of the new devices at an Apple Store tomorrow should arrive early, as queues can get quite long, and supplies are limited. Most locations are set to open two hours early, at 8:00 a.m. local time, so be sure to check Apple's store list for details.

As a reminder, customers can click "Track shipment" to track their specific order via Apple.com, or by entering a tracking number on the UPS website in countries where that courier is handling deliveries.

Article Link: iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Orders Now Shipping After Erroneous 'Shipment on Hold' Status

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

There hasn’t been long queues for a few years at least and I’m in Baltimore DC area. I have been getting a product on launch day as far back as the first Apple Watch and whatever phone was around at that time. Usually show up about an hour early.

3. now i see it macrumors 68040

September 21st is the new December 25th and Santa wears brown shorts (at least in the USA)

4. newyorksole macrumors 68040

I’d be sick to my stomach if my shipment was delayed lmao.

5. AppliedVisual macrumors 6502a

LOL... This is ‘news’? Funny they mention this, but don’t mention that a good number of Xs orders originally slated for September 28 thru October 5 delivery are shipping early.

6. coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

I doubt if long lines will happen. First, supplies appeared to be better than last years. Secondly, the demand is not overwhelming. Thirdly, people like me who want their Apple devices on launch day have learned to pre-order and have it mailed to arrive on launch day.

7. BootsWalking macrumors 65816

Apple noticed the shipping notice mistake when hundreds of Apple Watches started reporting irregular heartbeats in their owners. o_O

8. AppliedVisual macrumors 6502a

FWIW... Having tons of computers and other devices shipped from Apple as business purchases, all I can say is that it Incheon must always be an adventure. I had two iMac Pro systems take a detour to Incheon and seem to get stalled there, got exception notices from UPS and delivery dates changed to unknown... And yet they still managed to arrive on time. I wouldn’t stress it.

9. Nvrendr macrumors member

Nvrendr

10. rgetter macrumors newbie

rgetter

I've been tracking my watch pretty closely since ordering it in the wee hours of Friday and noted the two-day layover in Louisville on its way back to me in Portland, Ore. The activity was listed as an "Import Scan," something I had never seen before in Apple orders coming in from China. It had been moving very fast until then, even going back in time between Shanghai and Anchorage as it crossed the Date Line.

Attached Files:

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Picking mine up tmr at 1030 (well will get there) so don’t need to wait for it to show up.

12. Mfrank1984 macrumors newbie

Mfrank1984

It's getting closer :)

Attached Files:

13. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Mine been dispatched

Luckily being delivered by DPD

14. Flood123 macrumors 6502a

Flood123

I received both my wife's Xs and my Xs Max shipping confirmations and tracking info at the same time, however hers is slated for a Friday 21st delivery and mine is scheduled for a 28th - 5th delivery. Not sure what thats all about. Whatever... It will get here when it gets here I suppose.

15. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

Anyone getting excited for a year from now when we're all impatiently watching the tracking status of our new phones on these phones we're about to get?

16. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

This is because once they are in Louisville UPS knows they can get it to you on time. That is their main hub and they have flights all over the country from there nightly so it can sit there until tonight and still make it to you tomorrow.

17. kip6978 macrumors newbie

kip6978

It was heart-attacked when I saw that this morning and the Apple phone and chat were overloaded with inquiries.. SMH

18. cardfan macrumors 68000

mine says by 8pm. I’m sure it’ll be here at 7:59

19. MoreRumors? macrumors 6502a

When I get the tracking number, I go directly to the shipper's website and track my shipment. For those getting their shipment tomorrow and in the following days, enjoy your new iPhones.

20. dylanchups macrumors newbie

dylanchups

Three new devices, three different locations...

Watch...
    WATCH.png
    XS Max...
    XS MAX.png
    XS...
    XS.png

21. yanbellium macrumors regular

THAT'S CRAZY!!!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2018 ---
    My order was just updated and UPS says it's on time to be delivered at the UPS Store I selected.!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

22. agsystems macrumors 6502a

Guys, enjoy your new toys - I am staying on the sidelines - these are modest improvements from last year but anyone coming from a SE/6/7 will be blown away.

23. dylanchups macrumors newbie

dylanchups

Little bit concerned about my wife’s XS

24. jordnbrwnkicks macrumors newbie

jordnbrwnkicks

Mine says the same.

25. mmomega macrumors 68040

mmomega

My Santa wears purple and black tomorrow