iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Orders Now Shipping After Erroneous 'Shipment on Hold' Status

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 orders are now shipping to customers around the world, with the first deliveries set to arrive at doorsteps tomorrow, Friday, September 21.

There were concerns earlier today after some customers noticed their iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max order had been updated with a "Shipment on Hold" status, indicating that "there is an issue with your delivery." MacRumors has been informed this was in error. Apple has since corrected order statuses.

These customers who saw a "Shipment on Hold" status are now seeing a "shipped" status indicating "your item is on the way," with initial shipments scheduled to arrive starting this Friday as expected.

As of writing, it's around 3:00 a.m. in New Zealand, where lucky customers will be among the first to receive their orders in just hours from now. iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 will also be available to purchase at Apple Stores and select resellers around the world beginning Friday.

Those planning to line up for the chance to buy one of the new devices at an Apple Store tomorrow should arrive early, as queues can get quite long, and supplies are limited. Most locations are set to open two hours early, at 8:00 a.m. local time, so be sure to check Apple's store list for details.

As a reminder, customers can click "Track shipment" to track their specific order via Apple.com, or by entering a tracking number on the UPS website in countries where that courier is handling deliveries.

Article Link: iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Orders Now Shipping After Erroneous 'Shipment on Hold' Status

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
There hasn’t been long queues for a few years at least and I’m in Baltimore DC area. I have been getting a product on launch day as far back as the first Apple Watch and whatever phone was around at that time. Usually show up about an hour early.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2009
I doubt if long lines will happen. First, supplies appeared to be better than last years. Secondly, the demand is not overwhelming. Thirdly, people like me who want their Apple devices on launch day have learned to pre-order and have it mailed to arrive on launch day.

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
FWIW... Having tons of computers and other devices shipped from Apple as business purchases, all I can say is that it Incheon must always be an adventure. I had two iMac Pro systems take a detour to Incheon and seem to get stalled there, got exception notices from UPS and delivery dates changed to unknown... And yet they still managed to arrive on time. I wouldn’t stress it.

rgetter

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I've been tracking my watch pretty closely since ordering it in the wee hours of Friday and noted the two-day layover in Louisville on its way back to me in Portland, Ore. The activity was listed as an "Import Scan," something I had never seen before in Apple orders coming in from China. It had been moving very fast until then, even going back in time between Shanghai and Anchorage as it crossed the Date Line.

Attachments

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside
LOL... This is ‘news’? Funny they mention this, but don’t mention that a good number of Xs orders originally slated for September 28 thru October 5 delivery are shipping early.
I received both my wife's Xs and my Xs Max shipping confirmations and tracking info at the same time, however hers is slated for a Friday 21st delivery and mine is scheduled for a 28th - 5th delivery. Not sure what thats all about. Whatever... It will get here when it gets here I suppose.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
I've been tracking my watch pretty closely since ordering it in the wee hours of Friday and noted the two-day layover in Louisville on its way back to me in Portland, Ore. The activity was listed as an "Import Scan," something I had never seen before in Apple orders coming in from China. It had been moving very fast until then, even going back in time between Shanghai and Anchorage as it crossed the Date Line.

This is because once they are in Louisville UPS knows they can get it to you on time. That is their main hub and they have flights all over the country from there nightly so it can sit there until tonight and still make it to you tomorrow.

MoreRumors?

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2018
When I get the tracking number, I go directly to the shipper's website and track my shipment. For those getting their shipment tomorrow and in the following days, enjoy your new iPhones.

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
Guys, enjoy your new toys - I am staying on the sidelines - these are modest improvements from last year but anyone coming from a SE/6/7 will be blown away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.