Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
If they want to liquidate the remaining stock quick, they should lower it at least $200. Then again, Apple will try to squeeze out as much as people are going to pay.

It doesn’t sound like they’re liquidating it.

Just a slight discount for those who think the XS would fit their needs better than the 11/Pro, since the XS is a year old model now.

whoknows2597

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2019
Apple offered me £320 for my immaculate XS.

How do we go from £999 to £320 in a year?
Apple’s giving me 370USD for my Xr that I purchased in late July for around 814USD after taxes. So much for Apple Trade-In that was presented on stage

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I don’t know... I am so confused about Apple’s product line on the iPhone.
Confused and not convinced.

iPhone Xs is overpriced for a phone - at least to my standards and requirements. I could not get an XR or the new iPhone 11 because I really don’t like their look and finishes.

iPhone Pro has the same HW chip as iPhone 11 so for a stupid video/photo stuff it’s not worth the money.

Now I am still in Apple’s ecosystem with a MBP, iPad, iMac and aWatch but I need to change my phone and I will not throw out so much money on the window on any of these.
iPhone 8 will be outdated next yer. I have a 7 plus..... I really don’t know what to look for and what to do....

Someone help me out here please...

I will hang tight to the 7 plus for now, but I suspect in half year I will need to change it - battery will die and I replace the phone by then. (Not to mention 7 is outdated)

I hear you. I'm on a sluggish iPhone 6 and don't see a good option either.
I'm going to drop in a new battery and see how performance improves.

I also dislike the XR look. I'll have to take a look at the 11 and 11 pros in person, but I suspect I won't like them either.
If you can find a good deal on an XS, that might be an option. At least it doesn't look hideous.

Reactions: kissmo

repoman016

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2017
Ohio
iPhone 8 will be outdated next yer. I have a 7 plus..... I really don’t know what to look for and what to do....
I will hang tight to the 7 plus for now, but I suspect in half year I will need to change it - battery will die and I replace the phone by then. (Not to mention 7 is outdated)

Why is the 8 going to be outdated next year? Why is the 7 outdated now? I still have a 6s and works fine.

manni

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
Does anyone know if the new low light photography mode will be available on older cameras? If it's software based I wonder if the 8,X and XS will get it as all have powerful processors. Or maybe Apple will restrict it to drive sales of the new model.

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011
Sadly, I believe that the old iPhones that support 3D Touch will have the functionality voided the moment they install iOS 13, so until the 19th you better make good use of the feature before its gone forever...
I'm running iOS 13 GM on the iPhone Xs Max, and it still supports 3D Touch

meru890

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2018
Keep your iPhone 7. Get a new battery when the current one isn’t serviceable. The iPhone 6s was my favorite (128GB Space Gray). Unfortunately, I left it on an airplane.

I had replaced the battery in it twice and got the screen replaced once. I still love that iPhone the most. At 4.7” it just fit in the hand nicely. It was fast. It was a world phone. And it even had a headphone jack.

Now, I have the Xs Max. I cannot stand the notch. I loath looking at my iPhone. I try to not look up. I try everything to unsee it or forget but two years in I still see it all the time.

I would hang onto that iPhone 7 if I were you. Love it and appreciate all the good tech until something happens to force an upgrade. Next year, hopefully, the notch problem will be solved. The iPhones will get bigger and smaller at opposite ends. The screens will all get the same tech. Hopefully, we will get USB C. The USB C would be nice to backup files, but I am not as concerned as some people with having a one-cable solution. The AirPods and PowerBeats Pro both need Lightning.

So wait for next year. This year was rather unexciting with exception to the battery life. That is the only feature I would have loved on my iPhone Max. It dies before the end of the day, sometimes even with the battery case.

Same for me running currently an iPhone 7. The obvious choice would be 11, 128gb but the screen is too big for me so the only alternative would be the 11 pro (no 128gb so would be 256) but I don't wanna spend 1200 dollar for a simple smartphone. I really don't know what to do, a smartphone isn't really that much worth even so when USB-C is missing and like all my other gear is already on it (even all other Apple products, lol). I also don't care that much about the camera since I got a setup you can actually call pro. So probably gonna spend 800 dollars on a phone that's why too big for me with no usb-c and not even a better display than my current. But have to switch since my iPhone 7 is running past it's date and have problems charging it.

A smaller 11 version around 5'' display with usb- and less edges on the screen would have been perfect. Kinda strange to spend that much money on a phone and still not having what you want.

That's the new reality of Apple, couple of years ago you could have bought everything blind and it was a banger. Nowadays you have to look carefully at new products and if they worth it (for example my maxed out macbook pro with the ingenious keyboard). They even had to ditch last years models.... so small are the differences (watch, iPhone).

Reactions: MrGuder

bpp85

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
Europe
I don’t know... I am so confused about Apple’s product line on the iPhone.
Confused and not convinced.

iPhone Xs is overpriced for a phone - at least to my standards and requirements. I could not get an XR or the new iPhone 11 because I really don’t like their look and finishes.

iPhone Pro has the same HW chip as iPhone 11 so for a stupid video/photo stuff it’s not worth the money.

Now I am still in Apple’s ecosystem with a MBP, iPad, iMac and aWatch but I need to change my phone and I will not throw out so much money on the window on any of these.

Someone help me out here please...

iPhone 7 is nowhere near being outdated, it will support at least 2 or 3 more iOS updates, in my opinion you should either get an iPhone 11 or just replace a battery on your iPhone 7 and wait a year or two until apple removes the notch and offers something more compelling ...

MacLoveMacHate

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2017
Probably the best deal of them all. Why pay extra just to get a 2x reverse zoom which is useless.
Thank you, reverse zoom is the best labeling of this I've seen so far. I typically use my feet to reverse zoom. What I would like to do is to zoom in more without needing to walk right in front of an object or say, off a cliff.

mv24

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2019
Apple must pay me to convince start using bulky, over-fragile, accurate, backward-technology, prettified contraption. $900 for this?! It must be given for free on flee markets in Kalkuta.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
You think they will remove a feature from a phone that they still sell and that feature is listed in its specifications?

I’m pretty confident your talking nonsense.

Actually it makes a lot of sense. If you make 3D touch a little less responsive like haptic touch people won't experience the loss of functionality to the same degree. From what I've read, it's pretty clear they have intentionally diminished 3D touch on iOS13. It is BS.

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Same for me running currently an iPhone 7. The obvious choice would be 11, 128gb but the screen is too big for me so the only alternative would be the 11 pro (no 128gb so would be 256) but I don't wanna spend 1200 dollar for a simple smartphone. I really don't know what to do, a smartphone isn't really that much worth even so when USB-C is missing and like all my other gear is already on it (even all other Apple products, lol). I also don't care that much about the camera since I got a setup you can actually call pro. So probably gonna spend 800 dollars on a phone that's why too big for me with no usb-c and not even a better display than my current. But have to switch since my iPhone 7 is running past it's date and have problems charging it.

A smaller 11 version around 5'' display with usb- and less edges on the screen would have been perfect. Kinda strange to spend that much money on a phone and still not having what you want.

That's the new reality of Apple, couple of years ago you could have bought everything blind and it was a banger. Nowadays you have to look carefully at new products and if they worth it (for example my maxed out macbook pro with the ingenious keyboard). They even had to ditch last years models.... so small are the differences (watch, iPhone).

Why do you need to upgrade from the 7 when you can simply get a new battery? I have upgraded every year since the 6S and since then, the iPhone 7 still has plenty of headroom in the specs department to run for another year or two without hiccups.

Now if we were talking about the 6S, you would see far bigger improvements with the XI.

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
As a person with a XS Max and iOS 13 b3, they’ve ****ed 3D Touch with the release of 13. Period. It was their intention from the start. It’s a **** show now.
So I guess I am skipping this upgrade....if they are taking a feature away.
[doublepost=1568219397][/doublepost]
You forgot to add that the 11 is missing the telephoto lens.
I am surprised they gave it a wide lens instead of telephoto. Does anyone know why? It seems the telephoto would be much more useful.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Maybe because 3D Touch is not fully gone yet as you’re in a Beta and it’s trying to work at the same time as it’s autistic cousin, Haptic Touch resulting in glitchy behavior when you try it. Once the full iOS 13 is out, RIP 3D Touch. Never Forgetti
Disabling 3D Touch on existing capable devices would be bad business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.