iPhone XS Series Models Now $100 Cheaper at Apple Retail Stores

Mitochris

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
I don’t know... I am so confused about Apple’s product line on the iPhone.
Confused and not convinced.

iPhone Xs is overpriced for a phone - at least to my standards and requirements. I could not get an XR or the new iPhone 11 because I really don’t like their look and finishes.

iPhone Pro has the same HW chip as iPhone 11 so for a stupid video/photo stuff it’s not worth the money.

Now I am still in Apple’s ecosystem with a MBP, iPad, iMac and aWatch but I need to change my phone and I will not throw out so much money on the window on any of these.
iPhone 8 will be outdated next yer. I have a 7 plus..... I really don’t know what to look for and what to do....

Someone help me out here please...

I will hang tight to the 7 plus for now, but I suspect in half year I will need to change it - battery will die and I replace the phone by then. (Not to mention 7 is outdated)
I never understand the desperate need of people to upgrade their phones so regularly. What is wrong with your 7 that you need to upgrade? If it is broken, ok, but otherwise, why upgrade? We flew to the moon and made the movie Toy Story with less computer power that what these phones can do. Just chill, enjoy your phone and keep it for 1-2 years more. You never know, you might like the 2021 iPhone line up. Me personally? I’m hoping for an edge-to-edge iPhone 4 type of phone. Won’t happen, but hey, a man can dream.

Reactions: MrGuder

kissmo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
I never understand the desperate need of people to upgrade their phones so regularly. What is wrong with your 7 that you need to upgrade? If it is broken, ok, but otherwise, why upgrade? We flew to the moon and made the movie Toy Story with less computer power that what these phones can do. Just chill, enjoy your phone and keep it for 1-2 years more. You never know, you might like the 2021 iPhone line up. Me personally? I’m hoping for an edge-to-edge iPhone 4 type of phone. Won’t happen, but hey, a man can dream.
Not desperate to upgrade!
:)
I only had 2 iphones in my life: 4s and 7plus.
I am not obsessed, but My battery is slowly dying and I am starting to look around the market for a phone to cover then next 3-4 years.

Before throwing out 1000+ eur I want to make sure I buy something that doesn’t piss me off such as: the notch, ugly shape and those horrible cameras in the back.
And NO, I ain’t buying a case. The phone is slim and I like it to stay slim.

I am not going to spend money on changing the battery on 7Plus.

In the end it’s just a phone so not a big deal.

Mitochris

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
I am not obsessed, but My battery is slowly dying and I am starting to look around the market for a phone to cover then next 3-4 years.

Before throwing out 1000+ eur I want to make sure I buy something that doesn’t piss me off such as: the notch, ugly shape and those horrible cameras in the back.

Agree with you about the current design. Not a fan either, but I haven't been a fan since the 6. I had 3S, 5S and now 7, after dropping the 5S in a lake.
Can I ask why you don't want to change the battery? I did with my 5S, as it was constantly dying in the cold, but after that worked great again. It's definitely the fraction of a new phone, and over several years, will save quite some money.

PlayUltimate

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2016
Boulder, CO

Put a new battery in my iPhone 7+ last year while Apple had them on sale. Battery life is still at 97%. Bought a thin case from Speck. And still like the phone. Would like to update but have not found a compelling reason to do so. I may just spend my money on a new iPad; but my iPad Air 2 still does the job.

Reactions: kissmo

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
I am still using a 6s since I bought it brand new, I’ve had the battery replaced 3 times. Still works perfectly and I really love Touch ID. It’s a bit heavy due to the 3D Touch tapic bar they added inside (which took away battery life) but it still works great. I’m considering just waiting for the 2020 iPhone especially since they might add back Touch ID.

DeepIn2U

macrumors 603
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Love my XS Max. Nothing about the new iPhone is compelling to me, plus I usually upgrade every two years. No hate for those who are exited to get the new phone, but there doesn’t seem to be anything different in my opinion.
Right down to the presenters, besides Cook and Schiller, seems Apple brought their C team for announcements. 1 feature and some toadstool overly smiles and jumps in one place. The cheerleading Apple has in the front 3 rows, staff, programmers and special guests, is getting very old.

Reactions: alksion

sahnjuro

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Right down to the presenters, besides Cook and Schiller, seems Apple brought their C team for announcements. 1 feature and some toadstool overly smiles and jumps in one place. The cheerleading Apple has in the front 3 rows, staff, programmers and special guests, is getting very old.
Yeah, things were more interesting with Steve Jobs. At least it wasn't dull and Jobs brought out enough new products often enough to make it worthwhile to pay attention.

Cook & co. aren't bringing any new innovative products. They should just do a press release and be done with it. These grayed hair dudes aren't interesting people and more of turn off than anything else.

kissmo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Agree with you about the current design. Not a fan either, but I haven't been a fan since the 6. I had 3S, 5S and now 7, after dropping the 5S in a lake.
Can I ask why you don't want to change the battery? I did with my 5S, as it was constantly dying in the cold, but after that worked great again. It's definitely the fraction of a new phone, and over several years, will save quite some money.
I had 2 friends who changed batteries. They both had problems afterwards.
But I may give it a shot.

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
I personally don’t think Apple’s replacement batteries are as good as the factory batteries. I’ve had multiple batteries changed at Apple store and they never last like the original factory batteries.

Reactions: kissmo

PlayUltimate

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2016
Boulder, CO
Yeah, things were more interesting with Steve Jobs. At least it wasn't dull and Jobs brought out enough new products often enough to make it worthwhile to pay attention.

Cook & co. aren't bringing any new innovative products. They should just do a press release and be done with it. These grayed hair dudes aren't interesting people and more of turn off than anything else.
<rant> My wife and I watched the Keynote. The innovation in the products could be there. The problem is that the executive team (except Craig) are not good presenters. Too much obvious reading from the scripts. Too much repetition of lines. TC's introductions were so rote that it was annoying.
The one presenter I liked was the engineer that talked about the A13 chip. He knew his lines. He rarely looked at the prompter. And you could tell that he was excited about what he was talking about. TC's excitement just does not come through; it feels forced. SJ, more than anything, was a salesman and his presentations reflected his focus of preparation and storytelling. The past keynotes could have seemed like reworks of the previous; just with different names. And the continuous repeating of "This (product name) is the (superlative adjective) ever" almost seems disingenuous. I, like most people, would assume that the new thing is (superlative adjective) than the previous one. If it isn't, then why are you selling it. <rant over>

Reactions: Hi Tek and sahnjuro

kissmo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
I personally don’t think Apple’s replacement batteries are as good as the factory batteries. I’ve had multiple batteries changed at Apple store and they never last like the original factory batteries.
They're like the Car's battery. No battery is the same like the factory battery.
I will see anyway. My iPhone's battery goes from 100% to 50% form 7 am till 6-7 pm with some usage...
Still usable but I know it will drop drastically in the next 4-5 months.

Hi Tek

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Canada, Hali
People just like to complain. I literally remember being here and reading what people had to say about the Xs Max camera.. People will complain, and then right after buy THE iPhone...

Reactions: HYPOKON2000