iPhone4S Shipment Status: Backordered!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FrankySavvy, Oct 8, 2011.

1. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

So I preordered my iPhone 4S via the AT&T website around 5AM EST time early 10/7/11. Now when I check my order status, the attached image, is what I see. So far I have no estimated shipping date and it says QTY backordered as 1?

Anyone else seeing this?

Is this normal?

-Franky

Attached Files:

2. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Pretty sure everybody who pre-ordered has the same status

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Ordered mine from Apple so don't have that. Of course it does say on at&t that shipping could not be guaranteed so that's why I went with Apple.... 14 Oct 11 delivery is saaaweeet!

On another note, why do people feel the need to list all of their i devices? I've never really understood that. Of course some people list their bikes on my sportbike page and markers on many of the paintball forums but I don't get them either..... I just don't get it.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You is exactly like everyone elses. Just relax as the word backordered is just their way of saying they do not have it now. You should have received a confirmation email that says it will be RECEIVED on the 14th.

There are some who ordered later that ARE getting delayed shipping.

Looks like you are good

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes, AT&T shows all iPhone 4S units as backordered since they have not received the devices from Apple. They will ship from the factory right along with the Sprint / Verizon units and even the Apple ordered units.

As soon as someones tracking number goes live expect a thread here on MacRumors tracking the freight from the Factory, thru Customs and right to your door. That is until the shippers stop updating the status due to loads. Last year UPS and FedEx stopped status updates and many units showed they were stuck in Alaska when they were arriving at the delivery addresss. :D

Dave

6. phina macrumors newbie

I placed my order yesterday at 6:30AM EDT and still don't have any order status. It says that it cannot find the order and to wait 24hours, which it has been, but still no status.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

Did you order via Premier?

If you did, try this link: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/
    once the system maint... is complete.

Dave

8. phina macrumors newbie

I did, thank you. Now when I log on to my account it has the order, but with a different order number. Also says I ordered it today, very weird. I'm hoping they are just having system issues.

9. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I checked status on my at&t order, and it is basically the same as everyone else's that it will arrive on 10/14 and on another page it stated that it will ship on or around 10/13 Thursday. So I still expect to get my orders on 10/14.

Actually here is what it says exactly at my log in page:

Pre-ordered devices will ship on or around Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011.

10. r2fa3l macrumors regular

Because the iPhone will actually ship from Apple's factory place not AT&T's, hence the "Back-Order"... The "Back-Order" status appeared on my iPhone 4 Pre-Order last year too, and it still arrived on release date. :D

11. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

For me its been "under maintenance" since last night around 2:00am.

12. mactagg macrumors member

It will get here on Oct. 14

When the first iPad came out, I ordered it the first hour it was available. After going from Shenzhen to Tokyo to Seattle to Kentucky, mysteriously back to China, to Hoboken to China, again to NYC to 10 blocks away; it finally arrived - the day it was suppose to get here. There I was, thinking it would never arrive. :rolleyes:

Everyone in this forum will have screenshots of his or her order and where that person's iPhone 4S is on the planet during the coming week. No worries. Anyone who ordered an iPhone very early Friday will have it delivered next Friday. :cool:

13. FrankySavvy thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys! I feel relieved, I can't wait to unbox mine on the 14th!

14. jcampbell1070 macrumors member

i just checked my at&t.com order and it doesn't say backordered any more. so go and check yours

15. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

lol remember the tracking of the planes and all that last year.

16. Just some guy macrumors newbie

Are you saying there isn't a "1" under the "backordered" column, because it still shows that on my order

17. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

So there isn't a "1" under your "back-ordered" column? Mine still shows it :(

18. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Mine doesn't say backordered anymore either :) Things are starting to move now!

19. sullez macrumors 6502

20. sesnir macrumors 6502

Just wait, you'll eventually get an email from AT&T saying it's prepared for shipment and your card has been charged.

I got that email yesterday at 10am though... ordered it at 5am on 10/7.

Mine also says "Backordered", even right now.

21. sullez macrumors 6502

I ordered at 5am on Oct. 7th as well and only received the conf. email and had a authorized hold on my card for the funds for the iPhone.

22. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

My order was placed at 1130 EST and I got the confirmation email a second later. My status page shows "0" back ordered now.

23. sullez macrumors 6502

@ What link are you checking your order status?

24. sullez macrumors 6502

That what will be received?

25. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619